Pet skill loss is impossible to work with.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messremb

Grandmaster
Wronggggg.
Dang man, I have all 7x pets while you're struggling to work your pets skills up. See the difference here, ugly?
Proof please?

Sorry man, this is like your claims of 100k an hour.

still offering a mil for that one BTW

Oh and they were fresh tames for my second and third tamers. See the difference? [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

God.RG

Grandmaster
Proof please?

Sorry man, this is like your claims of 100k an hour.

still offering a mil for that one BTW

Oh and they were fresh tames for my second and third tamers. See the difference? [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Oh that's right, you're the guy that can't farm 100k an hour with meta pets.

SS when I get home, just out of principle.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
If you guys are so concerned with pet skill loss then go join factions... instead of spending 50k on skill scrolls when your pet dies, you spend 5k gold at faction vet.

Sure, it comes with more PVP but increased risk brings increased reward(the very crux of UO).

Kilike

Grandmaster
Happy hunts all.. I hope the GM's can and will fix this for all of us tamers who only care to pvm.

There's the real problem. That's not how this game works. Well at least till @Shane finally buckles and puts in tram.

I've explained to you previously what you need to do, and how. The only wake to make it more clear is to make your macros and hotkeys for you, and then play the game for you.

I'm sure a very detailed post might help, with macros and hotkeys included would be a waste of time.

Maybe someone who cares enough to do so, can make a steam profile and upload it for all of the tamers out there who "just want to pvm" though. I just don't care enough, as even with the right tools, it won't stop the tears.

Did you really need another post about this same issue?

Sent from my SM-G900P

Cinder

Master
For those of you with good ideas on ideas of how the problem could be solved, thank you for your input. :)

Reading some of this actually has helped me to realize that there is NO solution for making every one happy, and I would hate to be in admins shoes. ;)

For those you with insults, and no constructive ideas on how to fix the problem, enjoy the opportunity to have something to gripe about !! :eek:

Popcanc

Novice
Skill gain on pets ought to be faster just like it was 2 or 3 years ago...

Spent a long time becoming a tamer then they change it...

And for what? Were the pets skills interfering with the shards glorious PVP?

Deadpool

Grandmaster
For those of you with good ideas on ideas of how the problem could be solved, thank you for your input. :)

Reading some of this actually has helped me to realize that there is NO solution for making every one happy, and I would hate to be in admins shoes. ;)

For @Deadpool, I think you're just swell.

Aw shucks.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
I'll start by apologizing if this is the wrong place for logic but. ..
It seems to me most people who think that pet skill gain and skill loss is fine also tend to argue that is makes very little difference having a pet with 70 magery or resist versus having a pet with gm skills (I tend to agree). Then why is it so important that such a heavy skill loss system be in place if it makes no difference?

I know the answer actually lies in pvp pets doing max damage with spells since the difference between 70 and gm is actually a lot (flamethrower instead of lightening).

Now where things get really silly is that if the issue is we don't want pets to be involved in pvp without consequences so we have heavy skill loss but we also have a no skill loss option available to only those who ate involved in pet pvp.

At the end of the day I personally don't care if my pet dies I use them I fight big stuff that is challenging I get pk'd stuff happens. It just seems that the current systems in place don't actually have the desired results. Pvm pets loss skills and farm a fraction slower or get hit a fraction harder by magic but overall only really effects the people who fell they "need" a completed pet. Where pvp pets which bendy greatly from gm skills in magery can actually just but out of it.

Since u went ahead and wrote this much I guess I should actually offer a solution as well. Flip it. 5k to res non faction non red pets and if in a faction you take skill loss.
This would result in people having to leave their Rda champ etc to res or take a hit to skills and would make 7x pets a high value for pvp. You also get risk reward balance in skill gain for factions versus dieing while in factions.

Once again sorry about the logic.

Kilike

Grandmaster
I'll start by apologizing if this is the wrong place for logic but. ..
It seems to me most people who think that pet skill gain and skill loss is fine also tend to argue that is makes very little difference having a pet with 70 magery or resist versus having a pet with gm skills (I tend to agree). Then why is it so important that such a heavy skill loss system be in place if it makes no difference?

I know the answer actually lies in pvp pets doing max damage with spells since the difference between 70 and gm is actually a lot (flamethrower instead of lightening).

Now where things get really silly is that if the issue is we don't want pets to be involved in pvp without consequences so we have heavy skill loss but we also have a no skill loss option available to only those who ate involved in pet pvp.

At the end of the day I personally don't care if my pet dies I use them I fight big stuff that is challenging I get pk'd stuff happens. It just seems that the current systems in place don't actually have the desired results. Pvm pets loss skills and farm a fraction slower or get hit a fraction harder by magic but overall only really effects the people who fell they "need" a completed pet. Where pvp pets which bendy greatly from gm skills in magery can actually just but out of it.

Since u went ahead and wrote this much I guess I should actually offer a solution as well. Flip it. 5k to res non faction non red pets and if in a faction you take skill loss.
This would result in people having to leave their Rda champ etc to res or take a hit to skills and would make 7x pets a high value for pvp. You also get risk reward balance in skill gain for factions versus dieing while in factions.

Once again sorry about the logic.
Personally, I wouldn't care if pets had a skill loss or not, however if pet stat loss is removed, stat loss for reds should also be removed.

I don't think it's so much that people are against people like cinder who want their pets in tip top shape, but more so about how they address the issue.

Using Cinder as the example because well, it's her thread. She wants to purely pvm, and not have to deal with pvp ever if possible. If PvM is all you want, why not play on Demise with Aos/ML active, tram,ilsh, tokuno etc tons more spots/types of mobs to pvm in safely, including champ spawns (though harder than fel champs, and less rewarding). You'd lose the active staff, metas, and rdas, but replaced with more tamables, more viable builds, peace in farming, peerless etc.

I doubt the issue will be addressed by staff any time soon. You're only glimpse of hope will come with the expansion. Untill then:

Carry 10 heal,cure,refresh pots.(with hotkeys to use them)

Wear gm leather armor.

Make targeting hotkeys.

Make heal,cure,gheal and an energy bolt hotkey.

Don't be so quick to recall out. You need the practice. If it's 2-3 reds, stick it out, get used to your hotkeys, learn to heal and when to attack. You may not want to pvp, but that choice isn't always yours if you're out farming.

Lastly if you don't already have them, pick up wrestling and magic resist. The time and money you save (if you're dying enough to care about pet stat loss) is worth dropping provo or whatever your other two skills are.

Lastly if you need help setting any of this up. Pm me, and I'll get to it when I can and won't mention names.

Sent from my SM-G900P

Deadpool

Grandmaster
I learned on these forums this week that I should brag about how awesome my life is. So that includes those sexy nudes of you. Others should be jealous.

Sent from my SM-G900P

Also mention college degrees you have every post so people will totally go, "Oh how interesting! I better listen up and learn something!"

Cinder

Master
Personally, I wouldn't care if pets had a skill loss or not, however if pet stat loss is removed, stat loss for reds should also be removed.

I don't think it's so much that people are against people like cinder who want their pets in tip top shape, but more so about how they address the issue.

Using Cinder as the example because well, it's her thread. She wants to purely pvm, and not have to deal with pvp ever if possible. If PvM is all you want, why not play on Demise with Aos/ML active, tram,ilsh, tokuno etc tons more spots/types of mobs to pvm in safely, including champ spawns (though harder than fel champs, and less rewarding). You'd lose the active staff, metas, and rdas, but replaced with more tamables, more viable builds, peace in farming, peerless etc.

I doubt the issue will be addressed by staff any time soon. You're only glimpse of hope will come with the expansion. Untill then:

Carry 10 heal,cure,refresh pots.(with hotkeys to use them)

Wear gm leather armor.

Make targeting hotkeys.

Make heal,cure,gheal and an energy bolt hotkey.

Don't be so quick to recall out. You need the practice. If it's 2-3 reds, stick it out, get used to your hotkeys, learn to heal and when to attack. You may not want to pvp, but that choice isn't always yours if you're out farming.

Lastly if you don't already have them, pick up wrestling and magic resist. The time and money you save (if you're dying enough to care about pet stat loss) is worth dropping provo or whatever your other two skills are.

Lastly if you need help setting any of this up. Pm me, and I'll get to it when I can and won't mention names.

Sent from my SM-G900P

I'm honored smarty pants.. thx :)

Status
Not open for further replies.