My Experience with PVM

Mr Wilson

Neophyte
It was just last night we went into Destard and we were killed by a Drake in 1 hit. ONE HIT A DRAKE KILLED US! On top of that for some reason it would not let me leave the dungeon for a solid 15 minutes. So While I was stuck dead inside the dungeon some jerk went in and looted my corpse. Cool. I'd just like to say that im beginning to find it to be a very unpleasant stay here at UOForever because of these things. I've tried participating in events and an event gate placed me directly in the middle of vesper where hundreds of monsters were. Needless to say I died there INSTANTLY too. Think it was possible to get my items? Nope.

I was wondering if something could be done about the annoying 1 hit kill monsters. Its frustrating and it makes it almost seem pointless. Its not really fun. I created a guild devoted to helping new players on the shard but I can't do that If these are the things that are happening.

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
The drake that killed you in 1 hit was a special type or monster that has been temporarily activated for the holiday season. They're like paragons, only much stronger and way more fucking annoying. Any creature type can spawn as a holiday type, and you'll see that they have "An Evil Christmas Spirit" tag or something along those lines above their head. I agree with you that it's really fucking stupid, especially because 90% of the time they drop normal loot, and only have a small chance to drop something rare, which doesn't even sell for much usually - maybe 15k or something. They are a complete nuisance to anyone who doesn't have meta pets to tank them and many others have complained about them in the past as they activate them during every holiday, but staff gives no shits it seems because they've never addressed our concerns as far as I know.

The vesper event was stupid as fuck too. I joined at the start and it was regular ettins and ogres, and about 5 or 10 minutes in, as I was surrounded by 20 of these seemingly weak mobs, they suddenly decided to upgrade them into super fucking beasts without any warning at all and I died and lost some really nice gear.

As for you not being able to leave the dungeon, I have no idea what may have caused that. You shouldn't have any problems leaving any dungeon for any reason. How did you try to leave? Just walk out of the entrance? Or did you try to use the stuck option in the Help dialogue box?

Edit: paragon monsters also have a chance to spawn as a holiday type as well, so watch the fuck out for those because even if it's a mongbat it will probably rip your face off

Cack

Grandmaster
I was pissed too when I first started cuz of all this.
You learn how to circumnavigate the events without dying.

Mr Wilson

Neophyte
The drake that killed you in 1 hit was a special type or monster that has been temporarily activated for the holiday season. They're like paragons, only much stronger and way more fucking annoying. Any creature type can spawn as a holiday type, and you'll see that they have "An Evil Christmas Spirit" tag or something along those lines above their head. I agree with you that it's really fucking stupid, especially because 90% of the time they drop normal loot, and only have a small chance to drop something rare, which doesn't even sell for much usually - maybe 15k or something. They are a complete nuisance to anyone who doesn't have meta pets to tank them and many others have complained about them in the past as they activate them during every holiday, but staff gives no shits it seems because they've never addressed our concerns as far as I know.

The vesper event was stupid as fuck too. I joined at the start and it was regular ettins and ogres, and about 5 or 10 minutes in, as I was surrounded by 20 of these seemingly weak mobs, they suddenly decided to upgrade them into super fucking beasts without any warning at all and I died and lost some really nice gear.

As for you not being able to leave the dungeon, I have no idea what may have caused that. You shouldn't have any problems leaving any dungeon for any reason. How did you try to leave? Just walk out of the entrance? Or did you try to use the stuck option in the Help dialogue box?

Edit: paragon monsters also have a chance to spawn as a holiday type as well, so watch the fuck out for those because even if it's a mongbat it will probably rip your face off

I tried leaving the dungeon entrance. It would not let me. Was in war mode peace mode was in rage mode didnt matter. Just couldnt leave. Then watched some jerk loot my body. I wasn't aware of how strong those things would be. But again its pretty upsetting to be killed like that.

Young Star

Grandmaster
Whatever they did to Xmas mobs has made them way harder then what they were during Halloween. As for the Vesper invasion yes they pretty much gated people to their death. Glad I never opted to recall or take that gate into town for I was still a new player to the server that would have left a sour taste in my mouth.

Not sure why you could not exit a dungeon. Only thing I could think of is someone was fielding it or dropped boxes down. Usually the tiles near exits auto break boxes.

Last edited by a moderator:

sampsonized

Master
It was just last night we went into Destard and we were killed by a Drake in 1 hit. ONE HIT A DRAKE KILLED US! On top of that for some reason it would not let me leave the dungeon for a solid 15 minutes. So While I was stuck dead inside the dungeon some jerk went in and looted my corpse. Cool. I'd just like to say that im beginning to find it to be a very unpleasant stay here at UOForever because of these things. I've tried participating in events and an event gate placed me directly in the middle of vesper where hundreds of monsters were. Needless to say I died there INSTANTLY too. Think it was possible to get my items? Nope.

I was wondering if something could be done about the annoying 1 hit kill monsters. Its frustrating and it makes it almost seem pointless. Its not really fun. I created a guild devoted to helping new players on the shard but I can't do that If these are the things that are happening.

I was there when that happened. I ended up going after that solo PK but he was trash and ran away. This is an unforgiving world that's what makes it so fun after all these years. You'll notice most people travel light, don't wear gear they wouldn't be ok losing, and make frequent trips to the bank to drop off their loot. When it comes to high end mobs like that i suggest making a bard archer. With GM+ Provo you can hunt almost anywhere without having to worry about mobs like that. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trojandrew

Grandmaster

Paragon Elder Dragon/Halloween Spirit whipped me, a tamer and a provo mage while we had another paragon dragon attacking it... can confirm STUPID STRONG

MANKRIK

Grandmaster
I ran past one of the Christmas mobs in Destard and it instantly hit me for a straight 100 fireball. Somehow managed to survive with 1 hp. They seem to knock you out of hiding/stealth as well, really annoying

Belge

Grandmaster
I thought id double team a xmas seccubus with my tamer and lvl10 meta-dexer w slayer... was pretty funny as, within about 20 seconds my two chars plus two dragons were dead... just had to laugh that one off and go on my way... :)

darthdeus

Journeyman
Yesterday I saw a paragon christmas spirit balron with my stealth bard. A tamer was dying to it and a bunch of other demons/balrons or something, so I prpvoked them onto the xmas spirit and we both ran (before that I saw all the mobs die in 2-3 hits).

He didn't want to go back, but I was cocky enough to take a look in stealth. The balron unhid me and 1shotted me. A few minutes later I went to another room, where another paragon xmas spirit balron was, again got unhidden and instadead.

I guess we should avoid these things on sight :) The problem is, if you see it you're likely dead hehe

Mr Wilson

Neophyte
Here is what's going through the drakes mind. "I'm a christmas drake. Your going to run up to me and see me, Then you are going to run away as fast as you can but my 1 hit fire ball is going to follow you and kill you instantly anyways because im a fucking asshole and i dont care about how UO Forever players feel about it." The End.

Vorax

Grandmaster
never understand why ppl farming in destard at all its a really really bad spot to farm
I can't believe I actually agree with Girana(I guess he's smart, just an ass to some :p) but yea, destard is just hell right now with the christmas mobs, and when they aren't around, its grief central.