WTS META DRAGON EGG - colour poo brown - read (BO 3M)

halygon

Grandmaster
That doesn't make sense to me. I mean, those with metas are NOT going to suddenly misplace them long enough to egg revert, so whats the reasoning behind this change?

I guess so metas can be boated or grief lost.. I don't see any other reason. This also keeps the dono balls in demand.. Hmm..
It makes perfect sense. This is UO and we do not have item insurance. If you lose something dear like a meta-pet and don't have a pet ball on it, you deserve to lose it for good. It already turns back into an egg if released and placed in the owners pack -- which is already too much IMO.

And I guess apparently someone was dumb enough to not pet ball their meta and lost it long enough to revert, so I would say that in this instance, the change was a good one.

Bunnky

Grandmaster
It makes perfect sense. This is UO and we do not have item insurance. If you lose something dear like a meta-pet and don't have a pet ball on it, you deserve to lose it for good. It already turns back into an egg if released and placed in the owners pack -- which is already too much IMO.

And I guess apparently someone was dumb enough to not pet ball their meta and lost it long enough to revert, so I would say that in this instance, the change was a good one.

Absolutely agree. Its just these silent "changes" that are almost daily is really what perturbs me..

So many people were running off hearsay about egg reverts getting placed into your pack, though. Whether the pet was balled had no impact on this mechanic. People should have just naturally balled their 4 mil pet.. Totally normal.

But say someone actually had a problem mid-farm, lost connection, couldn't log on, but felt safe that even if their pet reverted, they wouldn't have to worry about someone coming along and snatching up their egg (because that's what was stated in IRC)? This person would then be surprised to find out that WASNT the case, and suddenly they have lost something under circumstances that they couldn't control. I think its important to know this type of information just in case, cuz then the player will understand the circumstances he/she is in, and may act differently.

Even if its balled, and it reverts to egg, you cant summon it back can you? If that's the case then OK, although I think we'd all appreciate some FORUM notes about it so those of us that cant scan IRC all the time can understand important things like this.

Last edited by a moderator:

halygon

Grandmaster
Absolutely agree. Its just these silent "changes" that are almost daily is really what perturbs me..

So many people were running off hearsay about egg reverts getting placed into your pack, though. Whether the pet was balled had no impact on this mechanic. People should have just naturally balled their 4 mil pet.. Totally normal.

But say someone actually had a problem mid-farm, lost connection, couldn't log on, but felt safe that even if their pet reverted, they wouldn't have to worry about someone coming along and snatching up their egg (because that's what was stated in IRC)? This person would then be surprised to find out that WASNT the case, and suddenly they have lost something under circumstances that they couldn't control. I think its important to know this type of information just in case, cuz then the player will understand the circumstances he/she is in, and may act differently.

Even if its balled, and it reverts to egg, you cant summon it back can you? If that's the case then OK, although I think we'd all appreciate some FORUM notes about it so those of us that cant scan IRC all the time can understand important things like this.
It wasn't a silent change. It was built into the meta pet system: http://uoforum.com/threads/meta-pet-xp-loss-be-advised-updated-by-admins.44372/

Bunnky

Grandmaster
It wasn't a silent change. It was built into the meta pet system: http://uoforum.com/threads/meta-pet-xp-loss-be-advised-updated-by-admins.44372/
Ok Ok you got me. I actually remember reading that now too. Too much smoke I guess.. But a question still remains.. If I ball my pet, lose connection and it reverts, does the summon ball not work? I assume it doesn't simply because the egg isn't a pet technically, and this thread would seem to prove so. Is there any safe guard protecting this situation, or any situation that isn't the players fault, other than a GM page?

exince

Grandmaster
only issue i see with such a pet and the possibility to have like 20 mil worth of items stick to it:

you're out farming.. stop, stable your pet, leave for a weekend with your wife/girlfriend..

server crashes -> revert.. you're pet is back out there.. when you come back, your pet is gone.. pretty sure that is an ex-player after that

Messremb

Grandmaster
only issue i see with such a pet and the possibility to have like 20 mil worth of items stick to it:

you're out farming.. stop, stable your pet, leave for a weekend with your wife/girlfriend..

server crashes -> revert.. you're pet is back out there.. when you come back, your pet is gone.. pretty sure that is an ex-player after that
When server reverts usually they make it so your pets appear with you when you log back in. at least that is the way it has happened for me.

exince

Grandmaster
had a guildie stable his pet and go to bed.. server crashed... when it got back up, the pet was standing around at the bank.. not sure what would have happened if we didn't reach him through skype...

Dwyane Wade

Grandmaster
Just read about the change now, be careful with your metas! Lost mine early on when I forgot to ball mine and it was boated

Strife

Master
Also, on the note of meta pets, when they evolve CHANGE the pet ball link. The old pet is technically no longer linked to the ball and the new stage has to be secured to the ball.

tankian

Grandmaster
Also, on the note of meta pets, when they evolve CHANGE the pet ball link. The old pet is technically no longer linked to the ball and the new stage has to be secured to the ball.
i never changed mine and my ball has always worked, i had to use it at 2nd stage and on the fourth and didnt have any problems

dennozz

Grandmaster
If u link it to a summon ball it doesnt matter if it evolve. The pet still the same in sumon ball pet

tankian

Grandmaster
^^ umm i bought 2 meta dragons that were at stage 1 and b4 the trade they released them back to egg form and they retained their special hue. did not turn brown

halygon

Grandmaster
^^ umm i bought 2 meta dragons that were at stage 1 and b4 the trade they released them back to egg form and they retained their special hue. did not turn brown
No, I mean let them go wild and collect the egg that drops to see if the color changed. That is what your previous note was saying, correct?

Wrexx

Grandmaster
90% Sure it was my Meta and WW. Just got back from a 3 day trip to LA and my meta and WW arnt in the stables my char is logged off in a random ass spot. They are also unlinked from my pet balls in the bank. PM'd carl about it. My meta stone still shows Stage 5 with some XP on it. If it's as a result of a server revert I expect the pet back

besttherewas

Grandmaster
90% Sure it was my Meta and WW. Just got back from a 3 day trip to LA and my meta and WW arnt in the stables my char is logged off in a random ass spot. They are also unlinked from my pet balls in the bank. PM'd carl about it. My meta stone still shows Stage 5 with some XP on it. If it's as a result of a server revert I expect the pet back

talk to the shards biggest scumbag Messremb about that.

When I was a young player and he was teaching me, he demanded all gold from mobs we killed together as "his time is valuable".

I guess his younglin slaves also paid for that meta lol

Wrexx

Grandmaster
Adam confirmed the revert and reissued me my lost pet at the stage it was lost verified by my Meta Stone. I can't speak to Messremb's character as I have never met him. I've ran into "Tap" from time to time at spawns and hes never fucked with me. Not sure if he can count this as a victory boated pet or not, but hes sure 3 mill richer for the effort.

Messremb

Grandmaster
talk to the shards biggest scumbag Messremb about that.

When I was a young player and he was teaching me, he demanded all gold from mobs we killed together as "his time is valuable".

I guess his younglin slaves also paid for that meta lol
ROFL.

image.jpg

too bad I could never teach you to not be a newb.

Adam confirmed the revert and reissued me my lost pet at the stage it was lost verified by my Meta Stone. I can't speak to Messremb's character as I have never met him. I've ran into "Tap" from time to time at spawns and hes never fucked with me. Not sure if he can count this as a victory boated pet or not, but hes sure 3 mill richer for the effort.
I am glad they helped you out.