loot system

hiraku

Apprentice
this on uof is the worst loot system i've ever seen on uo since 1998

if don't want to split loot based on damage done and the party system,
at least let who start damaging a half life monster turn gray, so then if he want try loot is at his risk

as it is now, a blue can come to my monster 2% life, kill it with a single hit, and loot all without turning gray
if i want my loot back i should attack him, turning MYSELF gray, and possibly getting murder counts
thats ridiculous.

Luxvero

Journeyman
hum, if you did the most damage he will turn grey .

If he did not, u had the mob at say 60% and he just came in with pretty strong attacks while you were taking too long

hiraku

Apprentice
nah he won't, for liches for example even if he loots that are already died most of the times won't turn gray,
so please fix this, is really annoying

Luxvero

Journeyman
oh no right, theres a minimum damage to get looting rights, which lasts something like 10-20 seconds, but definitally not a single hit, 2%

ShinPi

Grandmaster
oh no right, theres a minimum damage to get looting rights, which lasts something like 10-20 seconds, but definitally not a single hit, 2%
I've had ppl come in cast one spell or hit twice at most and take loot and not flag happens often
Quit annoying honestly and u don't have time to attack they loot and bounce so fast the dust follows I hate that more than getting pk'd

Last edited by a moderator:

hiraku

Apprentice
trammel is this way ---->

from your posts i must assume you're not the smartest guy on earth right?
theres difference between asking "safe loot" that is trammel, to ask "who want to steal must turn gray" that is even more felucca than as it is now.

Bunnky

Grandmaster
Bottom line is, if blue loot stealers are gonna steal shit, its always gonna be the item that matters. They'll go gray, run away and hide anyway...

K A Z

Grandmaster
from your posts i must assume you're not the smartest guy on earth right?
theres difference between asking "safe loot" that is trammel, to ask "who want to steal must turn gray" that is even more felucca than as it is now.

if you can't protect your loot you don't deserve it. If there's a blue griefer around, change your spot. YOU people want everything to be super easy for yourself. I don't get that.

hiraku

Apprentice
Bottom line is, if blue loot stealers are gonna steal shit, its always gonna be the item that matters. They'll go gray, run away and hide anyway...

let em turn gray as a starting point, i'll take care about them "running and hiding" don't worry

hiraku

Apprentice
if you can't protect your loot you don't deserve it. If there's a blue griefer around, change your spot. YOU people want everything to be super easy for yourself. I don't get that.
yea you're confirming that to me

again, is not about super easy, is if one steals from me, i should be able to attack him without being ME turning gray.
is that absurd what i'm asking here KAZ?????

K A Z

Grandmaster
yea you're confirming that to me

again, is not about super easy, is if one steals from me, i should be able to attack him without being ME turning gray.
is that absurd what i'm asking here KAZ?????

it is already like this. As i said before.. if somebody is clearly trying to grief you, go to another spot.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
There seems to be a group of players that really hate anything turning a griefer grey and for some reason it's mainly members of the pvp community. I really don't understand this as grey griefer pvp causes a lot of fun 1v1 but they seem to want the blue targets to have to take counts. I really don't get this mentality but I digress.
I do feel looting rights are acquired to easily and should be more to the effect of mob hp/# of damagers to mob / 2. Creating a situation of 2 players needing to do 25% damage for rights and 10 players needing to do 5%. I would also extend the time before the body goes Grey.

Luxvero

Journeyman
yes, but if such a bug exists, going grey would at least require a second account gating from inside a house, and the crim making all the way to gate spot.

if you can't protect your head, you don't deserve to auto-buy it back for 30k ~50k whatever

K A Z

Grandmaster
There seems to be a group of players that really hate anything turning a griefer grey and for some reason it's mainly members of the pvp community. I really don't understand this as grey griefer pvp causes a lot of fun 1v1 but they seem to want the blue targets to have to take counts. I really don't get this mentality but I digress.
I do feel looting rights are acquired to easily and should be more to the effect of mob hp/# of damagers to mob / 2. Creating a situation of 2 players needing to do 25% damage for rights and 10 players needing to do 5%. I would also extend the time before the body goes Grey.

Those people aren't griefers. Griefing ain't getting your 1k off a mob stolen. UO players in 2014 are so soft, its unbelievable. If you atleast take a bit of care and know when to fuck off from a farming spot there should be no reason to lose ANY loot at all to such people, though.

yes, but if such a bug exists, going grey would at least require a second account gating from inside a house, and the crim making all the way to gate spot.

if you can't protect your head, you don't deserve to auto-buy it back for 30k ~50k whatever

I've never asked for this change and am all for harsh punishment for dungeon PKs (as you can seldomly catch me in a Dungeon since I disgust killing Bards)

ShinPi

Grandmaster
Nice arguments on both sides three cheers for uof hip hip hooray hip hip hooray hip hip hooray..

TheFallen

Grandmaster
I agree completely @K A Z these griefers who aren't even going grey. Can't get much more care bear than that.

The truly sad part is they are also only picking on New players because an established farmer is in and out before any one can even show up and even if someone does steal there loot they are moving on either way.

Staff have made it clear with previous decisions if you do a negative act you should go grey and I can guarantee that if enough attention is brought to the issue of how easy it is to get looting rights it will be changed as well.

To call the player who wants to fight the looter trammy and catered too is beyond me. The player who can cast 1 eb and loot that Taming ss without worrying that they need to survive 2 mins. That my friend is the true "trammy scum".

hiraku

Apprentice
it is already like this. As i said before.. if somebody is clearly trying to grief you, go to another spot.

it's clearly not already like this. every player that did pvm for at least 2 min on the server can notice it.
so at this point if we arrived to say red is green, i can't debate any longer..

hope gm saw or understand from my post which the issue is and fix it

(i just looted gold from a lich that was like 1% life, with the other player/tamer there killing it, and i didn't turn gray, just to confirm how many bullshit jump out of your mouth)