Looking for Clarity.. Reptillian Death GM Slayer not as desired as the Dragon Slayer GM Slayer?!??

Bunnky

Grandmaster
This thread is win. I had no idea about super slayers, or getting hit for double damage if your holding opposite weapon type.

I also had no idea slayers were going for so much. I've trashed hundreds :-(

Sent from my ZTE N9120 using Tapatalk

eppy

Grandmaster
This thread is win. I had no idea about super slayers, or getting hit for double damage if your holding opposite weapon type.

Sent from my ZTE N9120 using Tapatalk

They are seriously hard to make, thats why.

I burned 3000 ingots ($24k worth) trying to make 2 reponds this morning.

SteelSexi

Master
Yep, I went through 2200 ingots this morning, got 6 slayers, smelting every GM weapon I made that wasn't a slayer.

Those 6 slayers were: 2 scorpion banes, a snake slayer, a summer wind, and 2 elemental health for poison eles.
- None of those will likely sell even priced at 1k each, and just sit on my vendor. :-(

Not only is it 2,200 ingots gone, but going through them all took me like 1 hour and 20 minutes.

It's really a gamble, sometimes you'll get a few good slayers, sometimes it's like this morning was for me.

But this is why the good super slayers go for so much money. Nobody wants to spend possibly 1 to 2 hours making weapons and smelting them over and over just hoping they get lucky and get the one slayer they want.

I hope that my starting this thread helps other people see/understand the value better as well, I know I've learned a lot. And again I thank ALL of you for participating.

halygon

Grandmaster
Just do like me and don't create weapons unless you are restocking a vendor then if you get slayers it is just a bonus. No wasted ingots that way.

halygon

Grandmaster
By the way the color of the ingot you use to create the weapon also affects what type of slayer you will get.

SteelSexi

Master

Just finished an auction for both an Iron GM Reptillian Death katana, and a GM Iron Dragon Slayer katana.
During the bidding process, I even advised and tried to educate all bidders of what was learned in this thread, that both do the same double damage, but that the reptillian death was the 'super slayer' and could be used towards a LOT LARGER RANGE of mobs.

Still, both winning bids were the same. 22k each. I'm guessing that for the most part, these two slayers are the most valuable type of slayers, and might only fetch more if a player was desperate, or if the slayer was also a Runic weapon and/or made from a higher grade metal type.

halygon

Grandmaster
And maybe some details?
I make lots of weapons for my vendors (which I have slacked on --ack) but I usually make gold, shadow, aggy, and gold weapons.

On average I get many more super slayers when using gold or aggy ingots as opposed to shadow or iron. I've never really made valorite weaps or verite - at least in any quantity.

Try it out yourself and see what your results are. My aggy repond katana (only repond katana I've ever made) sold for 25k.

eppy

Grandmaster
I make lots of weapons for my vendors (which I have slacked on --ack) but I usually make gold, shadow, aggy, and gold weapons.

On average I get many more super slayers when using gold or aggy ingots as opposed to shadow or iron. I've never really made valorite weaps or verite - at least in any quantity.

Try it out yourself and see what your results are. My aggy repond katana (only repond katana I've ever made) sold for 25k.

You guys are insane. I have been selling reponds and exorcisms for 8k for a long time. They arent that rare. I made 4 today alone.

eppy

Grandmaster
Doesnt matter. War hammers, katanas, kryss's, short spears.

I havent seen much demand for any of the other types honestly.

Honestly Im all for getting all you can for slayers. Personally I want to get as many of them out there as possible in a way that doesnt actually cost me money. I make a little selling them this way and that is good enough for me. I just want to see a lot more dexers killing mobs. I get tired of watching tamers and evs roll everything.

Once I get to the point of slayer armor, I will make that available as widely as possible also.

halygon

Grandmaster
Doesnt matter. War hammers, katanas, kryss's, short spears.

I havent seen much demand for any of the other types honestly.
Believe it or not, the elemental bans sell the best on my vendors. They go before the orcs, lizard man, daemon dismissal, or silver slayer weapons. I even sell out of quarter staffs of this type first.

eppy

Grandmaster
Believe it or not, the elemental bans sell the best on my vendors. They go before the orcs, lizard man, daemon dismissal, or silver slayer weapons. I even sell out of quarter staffs of this type first.

Oh , I meant the other weapon types. War hammers, war axes, katanas, kryss, and shortspears are all I make. I have done a few long spears on request but short spears are better in every case that i can see.

halygon

Grandmaster
Oh , I meant the other weapon types. War hammers, war axes, katanas, kryss, and shortspears are all I make. I have done a few long spears on request but short spears are better in every case that i can see.
What I sell are:
  • War hammers
  • War Maces
  • War Axes
  • War Forks
  • Krysses
  • Katanas
  • Halberds
  • Short Spears
  • Long Spears
  • Double Axes
They all sell well except the Halberds and War axes which are slower sellers than the others.

I also create each in two or three ingot colors. (Usually Iron, Shadow, and Aggy)

eppy

Grandmaster
They all sell well except the Halberds and War axes which are slower sellers than the others.

I also create each in two or three ingot colors. (Usually Iron, Shadow, and Aggy)

I guess thats just due to difference in strategy. I only craft slayers, I dont make or sell weapons for normal sale on any regular basis. I would be tickled if i could turn off mining colored ores and just get iron since that is all i use. I macro at least a couple thousand ingots at a time and smelt the non slayers. That would be sickening to do with colored ore, since there is no benefit to a colored weapon really.