List of important changes for PVP.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
it is a bug amigo (maybe a feature uninentionally taken over from UO: Perilous). There was this thread from Adam about a year ago where he described how exactly it works etc.

You've said it yourself. It's not a bug. It's an intentional feature. amigo.

I understand you're mad about faggy rice being a tamer and putting you down, but enough with the delusional stuff okie

K A Z

Grandmaster
You've said it yourself. It's not a bug. It's an intentional feature. amigo.

I understand you're mad about faggy rice being a tamer and putting you down, but enough with the delusional stuff okie

nonono, what you don't seem to understand is that this feature was taken over unintentionally when they took UOP's core. Silly you who knows nuttin' about this Shards origins.

Lord Hampton Royce

Grandmaster
all guard me means the pet is guarding you. the pet is in guard mode. it moves faster than all follow me - TRUE. but its guarding you.

itd be a pretty shitty companion if youre expecting it to guard you and its wandering in a forest eating berries.

and its speed is directly proportional to its health.

if its missing 2% health, itll be slower.

Lord Hampton Royce

Grandmaster
i remember this whole conversation being talked about 5+ months ago when pvpeter was pvp taming and everyone said it was op. i dirted him 1v1 a few times on a heal stun and proved it wasnt. same goes for bruno with his para blow 2 young dragon technique.

i never complained - i adapted to the way things are.

why is no one adapting to the way things are?

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
all guard me means the pet is guarding you. the pet is in guard mode. it moves faster than all follow me - TRUE. but its guarding you.

itd be a pretty shitty companion if youre expecting it to guard you and its wandering in a forest eating berries.

and its speed is directly proportional to its health.

if its missing 2% health, itll be slower.

Youd be a shitty pet owner if you ran away from your pet knowing it cant keep up. Let's not try to use "realism and lore" to justify broken pvp mechanics. Pets have always moved the same speed throughout UO... its a big if its different here.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
I guess I still dont see an explanation why pets should be able to keep up with players -- the whole drawback of PVP tamers was that you had to stay with your pets as pets cant run as fast as players. Now it seems they just skip tiles to stay with you? And you think this is good for PVP because?

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
I don't know what game you are playing but my pets will not even close to keep up with some one running on mount and barely keep up with me on foot.

I use all guard me nonstop everyday so either you're crazy or you're exaggerating.

When I'm pursuing a target there is no way for pets to keep up, period. You must get the target to circle back around. They do that wonky teleport thing when you're walking around without being engaged but as soon as you run to chase a target they absolutely do not keep up. You're lying if you say that they do.