Let's do some fishing shall we!

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
Also, when you consider ships will be sinkable in the very, very near future, the risk vs. reward will be even.

Remember, it was the GMs that blessed the ship keys after 10 days of piracy. If they weren't blessed, the risk vs. reward would be about even, maybe even more risk than reward. Fix the auto-looting, but don't mess with the Fishing skill. Give the galleons the opportunity to "balance things out."

Lexington

Grandmaster
Also, when you consider ships will be sinkable in the very, very near future, the risk vs. reward will be even."

Sorry I'm not up to date with the changes regarding ships... I just remember seeing the pics of what’s coming. Will all ships be sinkable? If so that’s insane with the current prices.

eppy

Grandmaster
Also, when you consider ships will be sinkable in the very, very near future, the risk vs. reward will be even.

Remember, it was the GMs that blessed the ship keys after 10 days of piracy. If they weren't blessed, the risk vs. reward would be about even, maybe even more risk than reward. Fix the auto-looting, but don't mess with the Fishing skill. Give the galleons the opportunity to "balance things out."

I dont have a problem with a galleon attacking me since my small boat should be so much damn faster that you will never actually catch me.

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
Some things to consider:

3-4 MiBs = 1 small ship
5-6 MiBs = 1 large ship

GM = 2 MiBs per hour per fisher (roughly 4 MiBs per hour per player)
110 = 4 MiBs per hour per fisher (roughly 8 MiBs per hour per player with two 110s on board)
120 = 6-8 MiBs per hour per fisher (roughly 15 MiBs per hour per player with two 120s on board)

100 MiBs = ~1 million gold, 1-2 Osiredons (at 115+ Fishing), 3-4 ASOSes (aka, 3-4 fabled nets)

2/3 Osiredons = Osiredon rare (200K+ per rare)
1/8 Leviathans (I'd argue, anyway) = Leviathan rare (150K+ per rare)

Can fish in any water, and SOS locations are practically everywhere. They cannot be "camped" nor can they be "blocked" like TMaps. Running into PKers at sea is rare, and with an ounce of know-how, can be avoided by retreating to shore or the many guard zone port towns (kinda' like, I dunno', real life merchants did).

Ship models are STEALABLE (only server to have 'em unblessed) while boat keys are NOT (meaning if the ship's in the water, it's ultimately "safe"). The stealable boat models have always been the case on this server, even back when:
1) large ships cost upward of 130K;
2) Fishing yielded about 3-5K total per chest with a third the MiB pull rate at GM as it is now (you were lucky pulling a MiB every 3-4 hours);
and 3) there was no warning whatsoever that models were stealable.
Note: It also followed old school sailing rules, which meant a ghost could spam "drop anchor" and end your fishing until they got bored.

Galleons will cost a sizable investment to procure, plus require cannon, which will likely be pricey add-ons. Remember: you may feel like you're risking a lot taking a 50K ship out to sea, but remember that any pirates, privateers or navies are also risking their galleons to do the same. More risk = more reward. (Protip: People can't gun if they're dead, and cannon don't damage players - at least not yet. Your arrows and EVs are just as effective as theirs)

While a small ship can easily be optimized with a few people, the strength of the galleon demands a trained crew to realize. Without it, the galleon is a liability, not an advantage. Classic ships are narrower and, on the defense, can nimbly avoid cannon fire with the right helmsman. On the offense, it was actually a discussion whether or not my crew would go galleon, simply because we weren't sold that classics would be inferior to galleons (we love galleons too much, though, and will have the crew to man one).

TriXa

Grandmaster
No it doesn't work like that...... I don't know how to explain it better without giving away too much detail, but if you don't know exactly what's gonna be there, exactly where it's gonna be, it's probably impossible to do. It's difficult enough with one item, couldn't imagine with more.

I posted a video to prove it's pure razor.
Since no one else knows how to do what I do, I wouldn't worry too much about it. And I can assure you I will be in front of my computer while using it....

The application lets you create a macro by recording the key... ... to make your macros "wait" until a pixel on your screen changes colors ....
^ This is what you doing. And its a use of an external not legal Program. Dont understand why the GM's let you come away with it. Because you showed it that you are using it for Ressource Gathering.

TriXa

Grandmaster
Great Work Ansem.... I see now you comes away with your story....
And i see none cares about exploiting UO..
And funny thing is the GM's thinking you edited the Video.. Nice Work...
I know you lying. But i dont care anymore.
Good job. And Farm on with your AutoIt.

But would be very easy. If its really true you edited the Vid.. Upload the unedited Version...
But like i said none cares not even the GM's

Last edited by a moderator:

AnsemUO

Grandmaster
The application lets you create a macro by recording the key... ... to make your macros "wait" until a pixel on your screen changes colors ....
^ This is what you doing. And its a use of an external not legal Program. Dont understand why the GM's let you come away with it. Because you showed it that you are using it for Ressource Gathering.

Because I'm using pure razor. Proved it in the video, and you're ********. Also, I use my razor loop attended. I have broken no rules.

Keep crying kid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

halygon

Grandmaster
Because I'm using pure razor. Proved it in the video, and you're ********. Also, I use my razor loop attended. I have broken no rules.

I thought you said you may be afk??
All I know is I've asked about AFK Fishing in DETAIL and everyone says it's legal sooooooooooo unless I get raped by a serp or the black wind rolls up on me, i may or may not be at my computer (unless a GM tells me otherwise)

TriXa

Grandmaster
Ansem you proved 0... And yes everyone that can count 1 + 1 knows that he is using it AFK... and everyone knows its impossible with Razor. So he was doing it AFK + and external Program for it.

AnsemUO

Grandmaster
Ansem you proved 0... And yes everyone that can count 1 + 1 knows that he is using it AFK... and everyone knows its impossible with Razor. So he was doing it AFK + and external Program for it.

I don't think so buddy. Enjoy your tears though. Gives me POWER

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FAMARA

Grandmaster
The amount of loot of this when put into detail is pretty ridiculous. This needs to be fixed for sure, or mib's more rare.

i dont think mibs should be more rare, most the time im spending an hour for 3-4 mibs, which is only 12k , until i fish up the chests... but if auto loot is real with razor that should be changed. anymore rare to fish mibs, it would be totally pointless, if we cant use other programs to loot for us.

Defari

Adept
Dewderonomy - are you sure ships will be sinkable with the new expansion? From reading the expansion notes under "high seas" content it only mentions the addition of smooth sailing, new boats (galleons), an underwater grotto and an "MiB book".

TriXa

Grandmaster
Ok just another things that prove that Ansem is using some external Program.
The Time between his fishing is allways exact the same.
because you see how long it needs before he grabs the mib. Look's like a mechanic external Program.
with his Autolooting would be an delay in his fishing but it isnt.

halygon

Grandmaster
Ok just another things that prove that Ansem is using some external Program.
The Time between his fishing is allways exact the same.
because you see how long it needs before he grabs the mib. Look's like a mechanic external Program.
with his Autolooting would be an delay in his fishing but it isnt.
Unless his razor is hacked to allow restock from a corpse.. Or maybe scavenger. But the video showed no system messages except fishing(which never stopped) and one message stating last target was out of range.

In addition, the opening of corpse was instant(like a razor use by type action) but the mib transfer from corpse to backpack didn't occur till after the corpse was open for a couple moments (fishing continued through this time).

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
Dewderonomy - are you sure ships will be sinkable with the new expansion? From reading the expansion notes under "high seas" content it only mentions the addition of smooth sailing, new boats (galleons), an underwater grotto and an "MiB book".
They will be "wreckable", but won't be utterly destroyed. You will need to repair it to pull it out of the water. The details of how the ship functions when "sunk" are unknown, though.