Lame champion mechanic

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
I too am for perma stat loss... the reign of pain that POWER/EQMS/PCH will bring down upon the shard will make people yearn for the days where reds fought eachother.

K A Z

Grandmaster
I guess it's time for some stat loss that isn't temporary. since you're acting like it already is it should be a smooth transition for you and your guild.

Also I don't really consider ipy or rel to have been competition at all for uoforever, the eras are diff and those shards were mountless. one was a custom map even. Staff on hyb never gave up at all, they're still trying like mad to no avail. You just have a certain opinion because you came from there and that's the impression you're under.

hanes are you even playing this shard anymore ? and are you going to enlighten us on a possible exploit you're going to find to avoid permanent statloss?

wreckognize

Grandmaster
aye, I've been away working the last some weeks here. There's no bug to exploit when it comes to avoiding perma stat, but it wouldn't make a big diff to me. I have plenty of regs and skill scrolls.

To be honest because of the skill scrolls and fast gains on this server, it's been pretty much set up to suit permastat this entire time. But even with permastat it still wouldn't change my opinion that everyone deserves a fair chance at the loot if they put the work in, regardless of weather or not they made the cut for the certain few guilds that greedily dominate these events

amonseti

Grandmaster
Well I avoid Champs myself as they are a huge waste of fucking time .. and I totally get what the op is saying .. they are frustrating with very little chance of reward .. the bigger the group you get, only gives you less of chance at getting a reward .. so getting huge groups together to defend a champ really does not improve your chances at getting a reward make it worse actually, just give you a better chance at killing the boss without dying ..
Champs are bullshit and in my opinion should just be removed period.

perhaps if there was a new Champs scoring system .. kinda like event score where you can accumulate champ score points and purchase unique champ goodies .. then it might be fixable .. but im not going to waste any time in inventing a system for this that will just get ignored anyways ..

Agreed. Didn't even think about that.

And as for the perma stat, wouldn't you think it would be better for a red with 70 counts to have perma stat? Like for instant a dexxer red. You get statted, so you go to a dungeon and sit there hitting someone (while they heal themselves), healing a ghost and having someone cast on you for your resist. That's macroing I think 5 skills at once. You will be up and running way before your stat timer would be up.

Mango

Grandmaster
I wish they'd rework champs to be most similar to the fight mechanics of WOW bosses. (Forcing players to have to move away from falling projectiles, monsters spawning at % life lossed, wall's of fire popping up, etc).

edit: some champs have some of this included which is super cool. this more-so pertains to some of the original OSI champs

Cack

Grandmaster
because youre skilled and organized and kill them all
This is why reds will always win. Has nothing to do with being a chickenshit, although we both know there's alot of players scared to death of reds because they never ventured into that part of the game.
It's more just doffetent preferences in playstyles. Some like to predate on other players, perfectly fine and some likevto predate on mobs, and that's also fine. Uo is for every playstyle not just reds and we should support each other instead of saying you're a chickenshit for not murdering other players or pvping
On a side not...how does a starter red noob finance his pker/pvper?
With gold/loot from pvm mostly.
I also find it interestings reds complain about the time lost bevause of stat loss but alit of othet reds stat each othet. Why do it if you're against ot? Just wondering.

Why are the trams claiming that taking a champ spawn entirely as a red is as easy as showing up?

Players don't fall over as easily as ettins (although some of u do) and they come back - sometimes in force, other times hidden in corners etc to grab powerscrolls.

Kairus

Adept
a thief tactically DDOS ed the server and stole most of relics/Powerscroll today in abyss. well played LOL. i cant believe how ppl support the current system still. this happened 15-20 mins ago btw.

amonseti

Grandmaster
Why are the trams claiming that taking a champ spawn entirely as a red is as easy as showing up?

Players don't fall over as easily as ettins (although some of u do) and they come back - sometimes in force, other times hidden in corners etc to grab powerscrolls.
yeah this does not actually happen ... It could but ... never does .. "Blues" just are not templated, built or ready for pvp... the template (exspecially blues undertaking a major pvm event ) is designed for PvM not PvP ...

Cack

Grandmaster
yeah this does not actually happen ... It could but ... never does .. "Blues" just are not templated, built or ready for pvp... the template (exspecially blues undertaking a major pvm event ) is designed for PvM not PvP ...
They won't listen....I tried many times to explain this.

I keep forgetting how bad meta pets are for pvp... my bad...

The guilds taking your champs also have blue pvm chars more than capable of defending themselves. Why can't yours?

I think $ would be a great example of how devastating blue pvm chars can be. And let's face it, they're probably the worst group of reds out there....

Bromista

Grandmaster
Such polarizing discussion. If you were reading this thread with no working knowledge of UOF to go from you would think the entire server is either:

A. Trammy pussies who want 0 risk. Who are idiots.

B. Hardasses who think you should have to zerg if you want to do anything even remotely worthwhile. Who are also idiots.

And no in-between. But if there was an in-between they would be idiots too, rest assured.

Easy Erin

Journeyman
Such polarizing discussion. If you were reading this thread with no working knowledge of UOF to go from you would think the entire server is either:

A. Trammy pussies who want 0 risk. Who are idiots.

B. Hardasses who think you should have to zerg if you want to do anything even remotely worthwhile. Who are also idiots.

And no in-between. But if there was an in-between they would be idiots too, rest assured.
You die 1vs1 to a dexer with a meta/ww combination. Please refrain from any discussions involving pvpers.