Lame champion mechanic

wreckognize

Grandmaster
There's no way it wouldn't be exploited. It's a terrible suggestion. If you want to keep your loot. Learn to organize and defend it. Or go find a server where you can't loot others. Anyone every wonder why tram and beyond servers don't have anyone playing on them or they don't last?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Possible methods of curbing ghost abuse if the proposed suggestion were implemented:

1) reduce ghost chance to receive a reward to 20%
2) only top 3 are eligible for possibility of being rewarded while a ghost.

This is what being constructive looks like. Please bookmark it.

YOU can set traps. If your guild isn't luring the boss to an area that you can defend from. You deserve to be killed and looted. Pick a spot. Have tamers on the boss and mages there to defend. Use para/energy walls, and evs. The problem with the server isn't "vocal douchebags" as he stated. The problem is noob as fuck trammies playing on a fel server while expecting to be catered too. Sorry that pvm guilds/alliances can't get their heads out of their asses.
Theres absolutely no need or logical reason to change how champs are working now. If you're getting bent over at the end; do something about it, change your strategy. Don't come crying for a "fix"

It has nothing to do about crying. But of course when people say anything on the forums as a suggestion or realization, they are obviously shedding tears. It's a suggestion to level it out a bit, put something new in so both sides have something interesting. The pvm toons have some thing new to learn, buy and emplement in their failing tactics. Pvpers will have to make new strategies which will give them a challenge. Pvpers love challenges.

Cack

Grandmaster
Are you fucking ********? Champs are 100% endgame and meant to be done as a group. If you dont want to group up why the fuck are you playing an mmo?

The beauty of uo is that solo players like guilds can play. Forcing people to group up is not a good idea and we've seen the results on other servers when things are forced.
That being said a solo player shouldnt expect to do a champ or an rda solo. While theoretically possible...there's other players that also want it and if they happen to have a group behind them you're s.o.l. in other words the solo player must have a resilient attitude. And not get pissed at every little rhing. I know this necause I've always been a solitary player. There are other events that solitary players excel at like invasions.

Kilike

Grandmaster
Possible methods of curbing ghost abuse if the proposed suggestion were implemented:

1) reduce ghost chance to 20%
2) only top 3 are eligible for possibility of being rewarded while a ghost.

This is what being constructive looks like. Please bookmark it.
No that is what being a fucking trammy self entitled dumbshit looks like.

You want to keep your loot?

ORGANIZE YOUR GROUP

LURE BOSS TO A CHOKE POINT

USE EVS,AND FIELDS

HAVE EVERYONE READY TO TURN AND FIGHT IF NEED BE.

If you can't do these simple things, then you will keep getting rolled. Your suggestions are terrible, and selfish. YOU cant defend your loot so YOU want things added to make it so YOU don't have too. If you can't see that you're the problem I dont know what to tell you, but the suggestions in this thread will never make it through.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Trammel was 100% chance of keeping your rewards if they went into your backpack. The chance im talking about is less than half and is entirely debatable. Saying it's trammel is incorrect to say the least.

Also the suggestion is intended to increase both pvp and quality of the experience for everyone at the same time as giving everyone a fair chance regardless of how long they've been playing here or how much time they've had to meet people and find a good guild. If you don't want more PvP then maybe it's you who's the trammy, and just afraid to admit it. I take it you just aren't up for the challenge.

There's too many closed door guilds on this server as it is, and we need more. Unfortunately there is only a handful of good leaders on this server as it is an old game that is hard to market to the new younger generation of players. Stop making new players outcasts, but until that happens let's change the mechanics to ensure it doesn't matter if yall every grow a sack and stop being greedbags.

Cack

Grandmaster
I think the most precious commodity in uo is time. I've said it multiple times before and so have others. It sucks when you put in hours of time and leave with nothing...believe me on this I used to do idocs, mainly solo on dfi. If I didnt catch when it went idoc from greatly I'd wait. Im very patient. But there were many times a red huild would come or blue and take it by force, which was fine. I didn't have the numbers abd neither dies any solo player. But there were more times I loted the idoc by myself.
Anyway this is why suggestions like shit going straight to the bank come from...not so much loot but time.
We all have careers, damilies, children, dog, respinsibilities and lets face it a couple if us prolly don't have much time left.
Nor sure how that fits into everything other than champs eat up alot of ppls time. It's by choice but we all work for stuff in uo and we all like to have something to show for our time put in.
We also have to concede we will not aleays be rewarded.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
No that is what being a fucking trammy self entitled dumbshit looks like.

You want to keep your loot?

ORGANIZE YOUR GROUP

LURE BOSS TO A CHOKE POINT

USE EVS,AND FIELDS

HAVE EVERYONE READY TO TURN AND FIGHT IF NEED BE.

If you can't do these simple things, then you will keep getting rolled. Your suggestions are terrible, and selfish. YOU cant defend your loot so YOU want things added to make it so YOU don't have too. If you can't see that you're the problem I dont know what to tell you, but the suggestions in this thread will never make it through.

Sir, I already have a vast fortune and can easily afford to purchase anything I desire without even lifting a finger. I do not do champ spawns and I do not do RDA's. I have occasionally done the Arch Deamon but now that I have all the relics I want I no longer have any need to farm such events.

However I do have a wizards eye and little birds that whisper sweet sonnets into my ears and so I know exactly what is going on at these events.

What I see looking down on you and your peers from high above the clouds is depressing. I see guilds with closed doors and high entry fees that don't share wealth. There are a few guilds who have good looting policies like Trin, but they are a bit outnumbered given the zergs and how they have been supported on this server to become an engine of destruction much as they did on another, closely related dead server whos name need not be mentioned.

I have nothing to gain from my suggestion and more than enough people can help reassure you that this is the truth. Good on you for adding slander in your own selfish campaign to keep things as unfair and depressing as they have been of late, but still I must warn you that you are giving this server a bad image with every breath you take, with every word that slips off your vile tongue. I only hope that you will take the time to read this so you may better understand how you have become my perfect example of what the problem here is, and hopefully cease in doing so any further.

If you can't defend yourself, then you're not ready for rdas or champs. That being said, many can't defend themselves and still complete the above, but you have to accept that you may not be able to complete it due to other players.

Now I think that is fair enough as pvm here is so basic a 5 yr old could do it. If trams wanted a pvm challenge they'd run around on screen in hyloth 4 and take the boss on there, but they don't. ..

The players crying really just want trammel. There are far superior pvm games than UO.

Cack

Grandmaster
If you look at the other side though...... A few solo players start and wirk the champ until the boss(in the meantime a red guild waits in a house, maybe one of those solo blues is one of the reds alt who knows)' rhey damage the boss to ten, thirty seventy percebt w/e.
Reds enter champ area and kill/run off the players that did the work and finish off the boss in minutes.
This can be looked at as tramnel for reds who take little risk in the entirety of the champ.
Like I've said before there isn't a solution that's gonna make everyone happy. Staff will have to decide what is the lesser of all the evils to make the most players happy

wreckognize

Grandmaster
I think the most precious commodity in uo is time. I've said it multiple times before and so have others. It sucks when you put in hours of time and leave with nothing...believe me on this I used to do idocs, mainly solo on dfi. If I didnt catch when it went idoc from greatly I'd wait. Im very patient. But there were many times a red huild would come or blue and take it by force, which was fine. I didn't have the numbers abd neither dies any solo player. But there were more times I loted the idoc by myself.
Anyway this is why suggestions like shit going straight to the bank come from...not so much loot but time.
We all have careers, damilies, children, dog, respinsibilities and lets face it a couple if us prolly don't have much time left.
Nor sure how that fits into everything other than champs eat up alot of ppls time. It's by choice but we all work for stuff in uo and we all like to have something to show for our time put in.
We also have to concede we will not aleays be rewarded.

I'm actually glad that you brought this up. There really is nothing more profitable than IDOCs in this game. What we have now is an environment where PVP Zerg crews are getting literally all the best everything on this server.

It only further re-enforces my opinion that PvM related events like champs, rdas and bosses should have mercy on less organized players, or we will continue to boast the image that this is a tight, clicky server that nobody new was ever invited to.

Mark my words, unless something is done for the common newb, the name brand will not be enough to float us past the icy scythe and the black shroud that has claimed all others whoever thought it was.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
If you want to have fun/win in UO, you need a guild. If your guild sucks, find another one.

EQMS is always recruiting new and old players alike... not only will we teach you how to be effective in a group but we will supply you with the proper equipment necessary to do so.

The amount of crying in this thread is laughable... sadly this shard does indeed cater to trammies instead of forcing them to adapt like the rest of us had to on different shards(OSI, IPY, uoforever) a long the way.

@Kilike pretty much nails it itt.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
EQMS is always recruiting new and old players alike... not only will we teach you how to be effective in a group but we will supply you with the proper equipment necessary to do so.

The amount of crying in this thread is laughable... sadly this shard does indeed cater to trammies instead of forcing them to adapt like the rest of us had to on different shards(OSI, IPY, uoforever) a long the way.

except OSI *had* trammel and IPY and Hyb are both deceased servers.

It's a bad example all the way to the bank, especially because none of the new players you take in will ever be able to hold their own against even numbers since you're either too deluded or too afraid to stop self promoting and recruiting.

From my point of view the only logical reasoning behind your even posting these days is to continually remind everyone what irony is; talking about crying for trammel or adapting to the current ruleset. I remember as if it were yesterday how you lit up the suggestion forums like wildfire apon your arrival to this server.

In fact its funny you would even mention hyb in this at all. The server washed up and one of the biggest reasons is that it became a sespool of clicky, zergy pointlessness with nothing to do if your call list was empty that day. All in the name of a few large scale FFAs at the pond per week. uoforever didn't do anything about it except put more and more power into the hands of the veteran until it was too late.

It's a toss up really, as to which was the worse example. Suggesting that anyone is being forced to adapt to anything on OSI which birthed trammel in the first place, or trying to put UO:F on the same list as IPY or any other deceased server.

I see why you're afraid though, since $ is already taking IDOCs from you now that your MALE counterparts are gone. Without guaranteed loot from champs, what would be the point of enduring the boringness of your guilds dishonorable fighting style? Probably wouldn't be one at all. I rest my case.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Its hilarious that youre suggesting brand new players should be capable of having success solo against large guilds full of veteran players. If youre a newb, you need to guild up with people who know what theyre doing, its that simple. If you want to play solo or join a guild that is shitty, thats your choice but you have no one to blame but yourself for getting owned.

As for your talk of uoforever being a dead shard, uoforever died after 10 years of being the dominant UO server because Ryan stopped caring and staff essentially quit/became corrupt. It didnt die because of its ruleset, it died because its owner gave up on it to focus on other things in his life.

Lastly, we havent lost an IDOC to anyone and the only guild we ever fight at IDOCs is POWER so not sure why youre talking about $ or MALES. It seems like you're really #affected, especially when theres 4 or 5 other crews who roll deeper than us while playing blues with no risk. Is it our fault theyre uncoordinated and lack PVP leadership?

Cack

Grandmaster
Its hilarious that youre suggesting brand new players should be capable of having success solo against large guilds full of veteran players. If youre a newb, you need to guild up with people who know what theyre doing, its that simple. If you want to play solo or join a guild that is shitty, thats your choice but you have no one to blame but yourself for getting owned.

As for your talk of uoforever being a dead shard, uoforever died after 10 years of being the dominant UO server because Ryan stopped caring and staff essentially quit/became corrupt. It didnt die because of its ruleset, it died because its owner gave up on it to focus on other things in his life.

Lastly, we havent lost an IDOC to anyone and the only guild we ever fight at IDOCs is POWER so not sure why youre talking about $ or MALES. It seems like you're really #affected, especially when theres 4 or 5 other crews who roll deeper than us while playing blues with no risk. Is it our fault theyre uncoordinated and lack PVP leadership?
There's that "playing blues with no risk" thing again
Exactly what risk do you want for blues"other than the risk of death....

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
I dont want any risk other than death for a blue with no counts. Just showing that reds have great risk while blues have none so the crying from the blues makes me laugh and is kinda fun(rhyme).

wreckognize

Grandmaster

yawn. You're wrong though on all accounts. uoforever didn't have any competition and as soon as it did it was all over.

And I do think if a brand newb sits there doing 99% of the work at a champ that he should have a small chance at a reward even if a big mighty guild full of veterans is too scared to show their face there until the last possible minute. A part of the problem is that these red zergers that show up at the last minute are eligible for a scroll even if they only do 1 damage. That's not how it should work, it's basially exploitation of a system which was put in to help new players have a possibility of getting a scroll even if they aren't the greatest.

Your playstyle is boring and ultimately your attitude is showing that you're not ready to conform to the fact that the population is only so big. I know you think your organized but in reality it's just a poorly timed flurry of paralyse and lightning. My advice is to stop being such a chickenshit or at least stop bringing yourself into the limelight while you are one.

Cack

Grandmaster
I dont want any risk other than death for a blue with no counts. Just showing that reds have great risk while blues have none so the crying from the blues makes me laugh and is kinda fun(rhyme).
But you choose that risk is all my point is and always will be. I can't speak for anyone else but im not in favor of reds or blues or bards or tamers or thieves ir crafters. Im for(pro-) all classes but in in favor of server health. And I think you are too.
All I'm trying to do is help everypne reach a happy median that's good for the most players. If staff take notice that's great. If they don't oh well, I guess.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Playing a red is the opposite of a chickenshit.

Example: Shane had that double champ event at abyss the other night. 5 EQMS reds came in and fought vs 40 blues and they were so scared and unorganized that instead of fighting us they let us kill their friends 1 by 1 while they sat there with their head cut off. If we died, we'd get statted -- we were fighting 5v40 risking stat loss, how again is that chickenshit?

As for the scrolls, I dont really give a fuck about pixels or PS but it is a nice reward when you come on a red, risk stat loss, fight huge blue zergs, and because youre skilled and organized and kill them all you get a trammy scroll for your reward.

p.s.

uoforever had plenty of competiton in its prime -- rel por, IPY 2, etc.... while I agree that its dead now, it didnt die because of its ruleset, it died because

a.) you could donate for gold ruining the economy
b.) staff gave up

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Playing a red is the opposite of a chickenshit.
'' fighting 5v40 risking temporary stat loss, how again is that chickenshit? ''

p.s.

uoforever had plenty of competiton in its prime -- rel por, IPY 2, etc.... while I agree that its dead now, it didnt die because of its ruleset, it died because

a.) you could donate for gold ruining the economy
b.) staff gave up

I guess it's time for some stat loss that isn't temporary. since you're acting like it already is it should be a smooth transition for you and your guild.

Also I don't really consider ipy or rel to have been competition at all for uoforever, the eras are diff and those shards were mountless. one was a custom map even. Staff on hyb never gave up at all, they're still trying like mad to no avail. You just have a certain opinion because you came from there and that's the impression you're under.