Killed in town while blue

Kilike

Grandmaster
I think we are all missing the bigger picture here, we have a player talking about quitting because he was killed in town in UO! Let's focus on this rather than how it was done.
Where did he say he was going to quit?

Sent from my SM-G900P

Trojandrew

Grandmaster
this happened to me 2 days ago.. 3 people had the option to report me for murder at the bard table while i was afk peacemaking.

had that happen to me when i was in my own home peacemaking, and a young player died outside and i got a murder count...
who knew in order to kill people i just have to stay inside and play a lute

halygon

Grandmaster
That's my favorite, releasing scorpions on afkers.. But it wasn't me :) Doesn't explain why the body (not bones) was grey - all that comes on my mind is permagrey..
ALL corpses turn grey automatically after a certain period of time.

Perma Grey thieves have a grey corpse as soon as they die.

Kilike

Grandmaster
You'll have to forgive me for assuming "I'm not sure if I want to keep playing if I cant be safe in town" as sounding like I may quit.
Yep, I skipped right over that lol. Honestly, if it's that big of problem for OP, this isn't the game for him. This isn't new to to this server, it's always played a part.

There's an entire safe zone in/on the bank, where he's 100% safe from everything. This is new to this server.

So OP, be in/on, brit bank when you afk. Otherwise run the risk of dying,having things stolen etc.

Sent from my SM-G900P

Caso

Grandmaster
You'll have to forgive me for assuming "I'm not sure if I want to keep playing if I cant be safe in town" as sounding like I may quit.
Look at the self entitlement and trammelisation of this player. Let him leave and return back to WOW with rainbows and lollipops.

Trojandrew

Grandmaster
Look at the self entitlement and trammelisation of this player. Let him leave and return back to WOW with rainbows and lollipops.
orrrr we could do something like teach him? like any old game theres secrets and ways to do things that unless you've played it for years you will completely miss. showing someone the basics isnt hard

Caso

Grandmaster
orrrr we could do something like teach him? like any old game theres secrets and ways to do things that unless you've played it for years you will completely miss. showing someone the basics isnt hard
He's too far gone... He's going to quit from losing 2k in guardzone. This is not the game for him.

Amberracuda

Novice
Wow....
This thread...
Either go to safe zone or log out if you are gonna afk.
Why is that so hard?
BUT... I have noticed what seems like a 'scripted' attack and release command that supercedes the guard whackage of the character, Quite a few times right between the brit mage shop and healers. So I think there is an issue.
AND also scripting is killing uo....

He's too far gone... He's going to quit from losing 2k in guardzone. This is not the game for him.
LOL like I said it's not about the gold brah, it was about coming back and being killed in town AND YES being fairly new to THIS SHARD I was dumbfounded how I could be killed in town and I did not know my corpse would turn grey after an alotted time. I expected to be trolled but the truth is I'm still getting use to how things are ran on UOF and yes AT THE TIME I was very upset not for the gold I could care less about 2000 gold LOL

Kilike

Grandmaster
LOL like I said it's not about the gold brah, it was about coming back and being killed in town AND YES being fairly new to THIS SHARD I was dumbfounded how I could be killed in town and I did not know my corpse would turn grey after an alotted time. I expected to be trolled but the truth is I'm still getting use to how things are ran on UOF and yes AT THE TIME I was very upset not for the gold I could care less about 2000 gold LOL
It works that way on literally every server inside of fel.

Being killable while afk. Are you also new to the game in general? Or just this server?

Regardless. Inside and on top of brot bank is 100% safe. Skills,spells, can't be used there. So afk there.
Sent from my SM-G900P

It works that way on literally every server inside of fel.

Being killable while afk. Are you also new to the game in general? Or just this server?

Regardless. Inside and on top of brot bank is 100% safe. Skills,spells, can't be used there. So afk there.
Sent from my SM-G900P
litterally have not played Fel UO server since the beginning when I was 13 years old I am quite older now so all I really remember is how Tram was but I do thank all of the helpful comments I have learned a lot and that was the point in this thread. I will definatly think wiser when posting again and won't be all in my feelings about it ;)

AssHat

Grandmaster
to the OP, best advice, besides top of WBB, dont ever go afk logged in UOF. even in your locked house, it might be possible to kill you there. ;)

Kilike

Grandmaster
litterally have not played Fel UO server since the beginning when I was 13 years old I am quite older now so all I really remember is how Tram was but I do thank all of the helpful comments I have learned a lot and that was the point in this thread
It's brutal out there, and you will die a lot. Now that you know the safe zone, remember guard zone ends at the edge of brit bridge here. Make a recall macro, and set a hotkey for it. Don't stay in a spot for to long while farming, get in and out quickly. Make and use offensive,defensive hotkeys, carry pots with you, and remember, if you die, it's not the end of the world.

Also if you ever go the route of tamer, bond your pets, and get pet summoning balls, or people will lure and trap your pets.

Also don't put blessed items inside of a container within your backpack.

Sent from my SM-G900P

K A Z

Grandmaster
litterally have not played Fel UO server since the beginning when I was 13 years old I am quite older now so all I really remember is how Tram was but I do thank all of the helpful comments I have learned a lot and that was the point in this thread. I will definatly think wiser when posting again and won't be all in my feelings about it ;)

we in fel only feel hate.

MANKRIK

Grandmaster
The take away is that you can be killed everywhere except the safe zone. They really need to put that in a login message when you first make your character so people stop whining about being killed in the crafting zone, inside houses, etc.