'Just recall away from reds' is bullshit.

Arton

Neophyte
So what is this character setup? I'm in the process of it for the first time and wouldn't mind some more knowledge.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
And I agree..i don't like the recall rules. I get why they put them in but it punishes people who aren't trying to pvp and just running away like the sissies we are.

Actually it gives an advantage to those who arent trying to PVP.... unless you have committed a sin and killed innocent players Skye :(

wreckognize

Grandmaster
So what is this character setup? I'm in the process of it for the first time and wouldn't mind some more knowledge.

I use one mage to gate my PvMer anywhere he goes. I leave runes on the floor or runebooks so I can easily last target them with last spell, which is gate, so i flip to the mage and do this anytime i see the zerg running on screen. The gate goes right beside my pvmer, and all he has to do is hit one button to use the moongate and go thru. Even taking damage he is normally able to escape.

I also keep another mage online beside the other mage, who is either red or blue, and sometimes even a dexie. He will kill anyone who griefs me and then it only takes 24 hours to burn the murder count if I have to take one.

I also have 2 scribe stun mages, 2 scribe dexies one archer one fencer, that are all pvp capable and able to take murder counts. I also have a stealth mage with alcy for takedowns. and thats outside of the two accounts I use to PvM and gate my PvMer around.

If at any time I get to 0 counts, I will often BPK someone who is an asshole just to keep the murder count timer rolling. This ensures the maximum dominance I can achieve with my toons.

My characters that are my PKs or BPKs also may not be able to recall away from the fight if things go wrong, but I never pack more than 22-33 each reg or basically the minimum of equipment incase I lose. And if I'm farming gold then I will just go thru the gate and put it in the pile very often.

steve-o

Grandmaster
Dont like not being able to recall when you have counts? Dont kill innocents... this rule has been in place on most other major freeshards btw and it has significantly curbed down on the amount of blue PKing that happens here.
HAHAHAH that's a big joke

i will always blue pk your scum members... we will always bpk them... you think that you did anything against us? HAHAHAH u are just helpin us thanks :D now start again with the pet killing giving counts till gms listen to your usual bullshit

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Lol. Right.
But that's what I'm saying, I get this weird murder point message when I haven't attacked anyone.

I dont know how the murder point system works, I see blues on that list who have 100s of murder points. Theyre just a cosmetic thing though, murder counts are all that matters.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Lol. Right.
But that's what I'm saying, I get this weird murder point message when I haven't attacked anyone.

Even if you are attacked, and say do a little damage against a criminal, non murderer, and he dies, you will gain a murder point for each unique IP. But it's not a murder count. Consider it a ''Player Kill point'' more than a murder point.

If the person is a murderer, and you have damaged him, and he dies, you will gain a valor point.

steve-o

Grandmaster
Well yea -- because you are much too ***** to play a red.
LAWL i know another big guild that stopped playing reds... oh yes it's EQMScum HAAHAHA

poor boys... always getting shit by pvmmers

thx for the nox relic from faction rda yesterday... your guys killed all mobs for us and then got completely shit outside of it on factioners... u need males back

wreckognize

Grandmaster
EQMS needed a boost to kill blue PvMers because they were getting their asses handed to them, that's part of the reason for the change. Because EQMS had to resort to using blues, and were still getting killed for their actions as former murderers.

steve-o

Grandmaster
EQMS needed a boost to kill blue PvMers because they were getting their asses handed to them, that's part of the reason for the change. Because EQMS had to resort to using blues, and were still getting killed for their actions as former murderers.
they (eqms) added this rule to fight $ that's the reality

On uoforever because the pk problem was so rampant, I used a scribe template and reduced my chance of getting pked to practically zero:

[ mage, tame lore vet (or music provo med), scribe, anatomy, eval ].

Using the protection spell with gm inscription means your spells are almost never disrupted, and anatomy + eval = defensive wrestling so you are also not dexer bait. This means always being able to recall. ..very safe pvming template. :)

Skye Wolfbane

Governor of Trinsic
Even if you are attacked, and say do a little damage against a criminal, non murderer, and he dies, you will gain a murder point for each unique IP. But it's not a murder count. Consider it a ''Player Kill point'' more than a murder point.

If the person is a murderer, and you have damaged him, and he dies, you will gain a valor point.

Thanks for the explanation Wreck (see everyone, we've kissed and made up..figuratively)...anyway and thanks @GluttonySDS as well. Now I understand it a bit more. Carry on with the flames!

*ducks out*

thestand

Grandmaster
My main dislike of how it used to be was if a red came into a dungeon and I as a blue flagged them first they could just recall/gate out once things didn't go their way. On top of that the blue can't recall/use gate due to flagging first. Kind of messed up to punish the blue farmer for defending themselves against a pk.

eppy

Grandmaster
I have a question since we're talking about this recall stuff..

How come I'll get a murder point (not count) when I haven't even attacked someone?
And I agree..i don't like the recall rules. I get why they put them in but it punishes people who aren't trying to pvp and just running away like the sissies we are.
Murder points are awarded for a variety of reasons.

eppy

Grandmaster
My main dislike of how it used to be was if a red came into a dungeon and I as a blue flagged them first they could just recall/gate out once things didn't go their way. On top of that the blue can't recall/use gate due to flagging first. Kind of messed up to punish the blue farmer for defending themselves against a pk.
Being the aggressor means you wanted to fight. That's what the code checks. A red can't bail if you agress him either with the current setup. I think the new message will help explain some of the confusion.