If you could change, or add, one thing what would it be?

Starnite

Master
Spruce up the npc buildings with some more plants, especially in Britain.
I think one thing would help is if all the buildings in Britain was being used by npcs or players. Probable close to half the buildings are not being used. Let a guild rent one of the buildings for dono coins. The bigger the building the more dono coins it would cost. Also give the guild so many tiles around the building to deco outside the house. This would solve your issue about making the towns look better.

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
I had no idea how many players would appreciate special decorations etc. This is something we will be doing for sure, just minor decoration addons to little things here/there.

It does makes sense i guess, people notice the little things.

In response to my "self entitled players" comment

.but what this mean?_?
Pretty sure he was making fun of me :p

Actually none of you.
Both of you being long term players, Asics being a guy who doesn't donate much, but plays tons, Lexington who has donated his fair share while also playing relatively often.

Both of you are equally valued since you add worth to this entire community in one way or another.

I can honestly say i never ever thought any of you had any sort of over the top self entitlement at both your statuses.

Asics asks for a lot, comes on strong, but is passionate about his idea's which is more than respectable- is a veteran and has stuck with us for a long time, and Lexington is loyal, prominent, and a dedicated supporter. Even though he may disagree on certain things, he sees and knows there's value here and tries to bring up subjects to push that.

By self entitlement, i mean the players that are here for less than a month, contribute next to null to the community, donate nothing, then make forum posts, mirc conversations, initiate pm's, etc and try to be the absolute loudest vocal minority about game changes, or their own personal requests and or publicly make a debacle about things they have barely taken part in/ vaguely experienced and strongly voice their opinion on what we should or should not be adding to the donation vendors while debating the price of said items added with zero knowledge, let alone actual reason.

I think maybe it's just part of becoming a larger community/gaming structure perhaps and that is how i see it.
Growing pains, if you wish to call it.

I think, i got us this far, i will keep us going, i promise.

Slice N Dice

Grandmaster
By self entitlement, i mean the players that are here for less than a month, contribute next to null to the community, donate nothing, then make forum posts, mirc conversations, initiate pm's, etc and try to be the absolute loudest vocal minority about game changes, or their own personal requests and or publicly make a debacle about things they have barely taken part in/ vaguely experienced and strongly voice their opinion on what we should or should not be adding to the donation vendors while debating the price of said items added with zero knowledge, let alone actual reason.

>"try to be the absolute loudest vocal minority about game changes, or their own personal requests and or publicly make a debacle"
> "publicly make a debacle"

It's me :D

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
>"try to be the absolute loudest vocal minority about game changes, or their own personal requests and or publicly make a debacle"
> "publicly make a debacle"

It's me :D

Lol,
It's really hard to explain i guess, i was an avid pvper with all the answers in the world on every server i played, back in the day. And i played them all pretty much, even the major ones standing still....

I get it, i get your stance on the subjects, but also know i now see the other side of the fence that no one ever sees. A lot happens behind the scenes here and we do really well at keeping things running as normal, even though some days are hectic.

Here is a prime example of SKYE commenting after being in our staff group chat after a few weeks:

Alyssa(Skye/Lynni): i just want you all to know how fascinating it for me to watch all this stuff going on. I wish others could see it sometimes and all that goes into this shard. Carry on ... lol Just wanted to let you all know that.

Slice N Dice

Grandmaster
Lol,
It's really hard to explain i guess, i was an avid pvper with all the answers in the world on every server i played, back in the day. And i played them all pretty much, even the major ones standing still....

I get it, i get your stance on the subjects, but also know i now see the other side of the fence that no one ever sees. A lot happens behind the scenes here and we do really well at keeping things running as normal, even though some days are hectic.

Here is a prime example of SKYE commenting after being in our staff group chat after a few weeks:

Alyssa(Skye/Lynni): i just want you all to know how fascinating it for me to watch all this stuff going on. I wish others could see it sometimes and all that goes into this shard. Carry on ... lol Just wanted to let you all know that.

I can say that I don't know anything about what goes on behind the scenes in running a server.
But I do know what it's like to have everyone coming to you with all their questions, comments, concerns and frustrations though.
So I get that side of it.
Everyone thinks they have the answer but they don't see the big picture, just their perspective.

I try to only chime in on the things I'm involved in, such as taming.

But damnit I've been pestering for Kirin forever. Reward my persistence!
j/k...but for real tho...

asics

Grandmaster
Pretty sure he was making fun of me :p

i feel something about that, i just dont understand the "grammatic" was thinking about what that means.. just that!:)
I had no idea how many players would appreciate special decorations etc. This is something we will be doing for sure, just minor decoration addons to little things here/there.

It does makes sense i guess, people notice the little things.

In response to my "self entitled players" comment

Actually none of you.
Both of you being long term players, Asics being a guy who doesn't donate much, but plays tons, Lexington who has donated his fair share while also playing relatively often.

Both of you are equally valued since you add worth to this entire community in one way or another.

I can honestly say i never ever thought any of you had any sort of over the top self entitlement at both your statuses.

Asics asks for a lot, comes on strong, but is passionate about his idea's which is more than respectable- is a veteran and has stuck with us for a long time, and Lexington is loyal, prominent, and a dedicated supporter. Even though he may disagree on certain things, he sees and knows there's value here and tries to bring up subjects to push that.

I think maybe it's just part of becoming a larger community/gaming structure perhaps and that is how i see it.
Growing pains, if you wish to call it.

I think, i got us this far, i will keep us going, i promise.

less then 2k i donate, i reach the 2k asap :p

lollo

Grandmaster
Someone who donated 1.5k or something close in less than 2 years didn't donate much? What???????

I thought that donating an average of 10 bucks a month was good.

Skye Wolfbane

Governor of Trinsic
I would change all the negative, (can I say whiners as a mod?) and unhappy people and make UOF a world of sunshine and rainbows.

hFAF7223A

That was the nicest way I could say that I would change all the bitching..lol

MANKRIK

Grandmaster
Reduce or remove the 7 day waiting period to join the Thieves Guild. I know it's been around forever but it seems pretty pointless to my mind. I want to steal and grief dammit, waiting periods are for communists.

Keltonator

Grandmaster
Reduce or remove the 7 day waiting period to join the Thieves Guild. I know it's been around forever but it seems pretty pointless to my mind. I want to steal and grief dammit, waiting periods are for communists.
It isn't 7 days, it's 24 in game hours. The NPC just says the 'come see me in a week' thing because it ties in with RP better.

MANKRIK

Grandmaster
It isn't 7 days, it's 24 in game hours. The NPC just says the 'come see me in a week' thing because it ties in with RP better.

I've always thought the reqs were a week old character, 48 hours spent in-game and a minimum of 60 stealing. I'm certain I've spent 24 hours in-game since I've macroed almost 7x GM. This doesn't seem like a very RP message either:

yY0bOXZ.png

Anyway, I don't really care since I don't have time to play much this week anyway, I just don't understand the need for it.

wil3ur

Grandmaster
I had all the pre-reqs for a thief, it was 7 RL days before I could join it. Kind of sucked because there was absolutely nothing to steal off of NPC's, so it was a useless character for a week.

eppy

Grandmaster
It's because trash thieves are not good for anyone. Waiting a week at least requires a little thought about it.