Ideas for the raffle island

LSDjay

Grandmaster
Do what u like with the island bud, auction house is a nice addition to the shard :)
Poker table and a bank, and your island could be the new WBB !

Starnite

Master
Looks great, I am really happy for you on winning this. Have fun with it. I hope to one day be able to walk around the island and see it for myself.

Oh by change anywhere to mine on the island ? hehe I am just a crafter now days.

What a great island and hope you enjoy it and thanks for thinking of others instead of being a selfish asshat like that Caitlyn person..oh wait....

Last edited by a moderator:

Smokey McCallum

Grandmaster
Along with no stat could the island be made so you can only loot your own corpse? Or even your stuff stays in your pack after death? This would allow people to put on their best gear and go at each other. Would be fun I think.

Starnite

Master
i for one like the idea he has. I will come when I get back into the game.

oh if I am invited of course

Cash is King

Grandmaster
Choose either PVP or non-PVP and go from there.

PVP:
- no stat
- no counts
- everyone on island is grey
- no looting anyone's corpse but your own or party members (if this is possible to code?)

non-PVP:
- small bank with guardzone
- sell multiple plots at a good size (10x10 or 13x13) for vendor houses --> this would make for competition with Yew Bank vendors and provide you with some cash flow.
- poker table, maybe a unique one that is high-stakes or low-stakes but capped at 4/6/8 people instead of 10 which makes the game slow. Depends on if you want that, it's your island after-all. I think it would just be a good way to drive traffic to your island.

Either choice:
- Some form of cool unique spawn or at least one large monster that spawns once every 4-8 hours and has decent loot drops (chance at a PS or champ artifact?) This depends on if gm's would allow this obvi.
- have your island added to the moongate locations so people can easily get there. otherwise how will any new people every know about the island and explore it.

andomin

Master
The bank likely won't happen, although we may be able to get a temporary banker for auction house events. The island should be *mostly* updated, just make sure you patch your client with the new UOF launcher.

amonseti

Grandmaster
As I mentioned, In the Raffle Thread . I had a dream of bringing a bag ball league to UOF, If I were Given the opportunity to place one of the 30x30s on the island I would indeed build a bag ball arena.

malas_arena.jpg

And run a league complete with standings, rankings and statistics. .. Having this in a guard protected area would help emmensily to keep rank games from being messed up due to pk ganks , which currently make the start up of a league impossible .

I would also need to convince @Adam and @Shane to allow a way for bag balls
bagball.gif
to be obtained .

More info on bagball can be found here

Young Star

Grandmaster
Along with no stat could the island be made so you can only loot your own corpse? Or even your stuff stays in your pack after death? This would allow people to put on their best gear and go at each other. Would be fun I think.
I think it would be cool to have a no equipment loss area other then the duel pits and such to have more field fights using our best gear. Maybe leave regs, pots, and aids lootable.

andomin

Master
As I mentioned, In the Raffle Thread . I had a dream of bringing a bag ball league to UOF, If I were Given the opportunity to place one of the 30x30s on the island I would indeed build a bag ball arena.

malas_arena.jpg

And run a league complete with standings, rankings and statistics. .. Having this in a guard protected area would help emmensily to keep rank games from being messed up due to pk ganks , which currently make the start up of a league impossible .

I would also need to convince @Adam and @Shane to allow a way for bag balls
bagball.gif
to be obtained .

More info on bagball can be found here

I'll do my best to see if I can incorporate that into the island in some way. This island will be one of the safest for player ran events simply because only I can mark runes there, and I'll only give those out to residents, who will be hand picked.

The only other way to get there would be by boat. Also, a guard zone on the island wouldn't be fair. But I think some LOS blockers wouldn't be out of the question.

amonseti

Grandmaster
I'll do my best to see if I can incorporate that into the island in some way. This island will be one of the safest for player ran events simply because only I can mark runes there, and I'll only give those out to residents, who will be hand picked.

The only other way to get there would be by boat. Also, a guard zone on the island wouldn't be fair. But I think some LOS blockers wouldn't be out of the question.

Here is something else to show how serious Id be . Click Me

andomin

Master
This bagball stadium won't be as fancy as the one outside of Luna, but I think it looks great. I guess it could also double as a dueling area.

b4f12c4f1d.jpg