I suggest a limit on boats placed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Li Meiyang

Grandmaster
The guy uses an alt to grapple hook boats, block boats, and block recall spots with tables. But that's not multi-client PVP?

Ok. I think this issue deserves addressing. Blocking people with boats, especially with an alt, is cut and dry multiclient PVP. As is blocking recall spots with furniture and using grappling hooks with the alt (completely ignored with the lock.)

I feel like this got dismissed way too quickly, cuz even though it's blatant cheating, the staff doesn't know how to implement a code solution to stop it so better to just lock threads over it. That's what I think. That's all boat blocking aside, but I also think boat blocking WITH AN ALT ought to be bannable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Afro Man

Grandmaster
That might be the same one I started the last thread about this over, but they declared it legit and locked the thread to avoid being called out on the inherent irrationality of supporting cheating. He also blocks your recall spot onto your boat with a table and multi-clients with a grappling hook tossing/boat laying alt, but that's all fine cuz it's on the sea and they're "pirates." :rolleyes: So sucky and against the rules, but if you point that out the thread gets locked, cuz that's the main message being conveyed: cheaters aren't the problem, ppl who complain about them are. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Cheating is like driving without a licence it is illegal but only if you get caught and if you get caught most of the time you can get away on foot
giphy.gif

Li Meiyang

Grandmaster
We had a conversation about this a couple weeks back in staff chat. After reviewing all angles, it was decided that blocking in a boat with other boats is not equivalent to blocking a character with items and hence does not break the shard rules.

That said, I have brought up your suggestion for discussion among staff and I am curious to see what further players say about this topic.

This same player also blocks your recall spot on the boat with a table, thereby cutting you off for hours.

Otherwise it wouldn't be too much of an issue cuz you could just recall in with a suicide toon and scuttle it.

Li Meiyang

Grandmaster
AFAIC MIB books would solve all these problems. PVP wise there isn't much of a chance since the PK pirate has 2-3 chars, an OP gunship, and the element of surprise. I don't care if he gets all the booty on board and wastes a bit of my time. Well, I do but that's not the issue. The issue is that I lose all my MIBs and have to delete them from UO automap *and* get cut off access from my ship for hours with this BS. (And no, you can't just recall off when the decks afire. Best chance is to launch another boat, board, and recall off from there.)

So, you know, if he's CHEATING to do all that, damn straight I'm gonna *****. :mad:

Li Meiyang

Grandmaster
Hey, Turdpool.

Nice of you to divert the topic to sheer and utter baboon crap.

As is clearly your wont. :eek:

The sad fact of the matter is that you couldn't find it with both hands.

halygon

Grandmaster
The guy uses an alt to grapple hook boats, block boats, and block recall spots with tables. But that's not multi-client PVP?

Ok. I think this issue deserves addressing. Blocking people with boats, especially with an alt, is cut and dry multiclient PVP. As is blocking recall spots with furniture and using grappling hooks with the alt (completely ignored with the lock.)

I feel like this got dismissed way too quickly, cuz even though it's blatant cheating, the staff doesn't know how to implement a code solution to stop it so better to just lock threads over it. That's what I think. That's all boat blocking aside, but I also think boat blocking WITH AN ALT ought to be bannable.
If he is doing both things at the same time on multiple characters, while attacking you - thats multiclient pvp. If he is doing things with one character then switching to the other, that is not multiclient pvp (outside of sicking a pet or initiating archery fire on you). So no two actions occurring at the exact time.

I get that it is cheap and that the ability to drop a bunch of boats into the water at once feels like an exploit, however it is not cheating. As I said on the first page, I have brought up the OP's suggestion to the staff to discuss and/or take action upon.

Li Meiyang

Grandmaster
Ok thank you. Just like using an alt to block someone is against the rules. Also bear in mind that it's not just that he blocks your ship in with ships, but he blocks your recall spot on your ship with a table so you can't get in to scuttle it, cutting you off for hours. In the last thread, the use of grappling hooks by his alt was also brought up w/ a screenshot. So it's more than just boat blocking with this guy and his alts is what I'm saying.

If it was just one character blocking boats with boats I wouldn't say zilch about it.

halygon

Grandmaster
Ok thank you. Just like using an alt to block someone is against the rules. Also bear in mind that it's not just that he blocks your ship in, but he blocks your recall spot on the ship with a table so you can't get in to scuttle it. In the last thread, the use of grappling hooks by his alt was also brought up. So it's more than just boat blocking with this guy is what I'm saying.
We get that. Blocking your recall spot, wherever it is, is not against the rules and neither is using grappling hooks to board your ships.

With your thread and this one, the only real issue I see that staff could/would take action upon would be placing multiple boats at the same time with one character.

Li Meiyang

Grandmaster
We get that. Blocking your recall spot, wherever it is, is not against the rules

Yes, it is.

http://www.uoforever.com/rules.php

Do not use immovable OR movable items(kegs, crates, boxes, chests, doors, walls etc..) to block or otherwise trap players in or around your house or any and all areas which include dungeon areas or antrances. Players must have a clear path out by some means, always. You may block that path with your characters or pets however, and may gate block within these rules using your own GATES. Again, blocking enrances of dungeons, dungeon levels, **or any other specific location using any and all movable or immovable items is NOT ALLOWED.**

and neither is using grappling hooks to board your ships.

Yes, it is, when it's done with an alt.

There may be no multi-clienting in Player VS Player (PvP) scenarios. Auto following your main account on an additional account AND/OR using one account to shoot arrows, cast, or use pets alt+tabbing between clients while you pvp the same person(s) on an additional account at the same time is a jail-able offense. You may however, use two clients at any time for Player VS Monster (PvM) scenarios.

This is definitely a PVP scenario. So why is the alt allowed to block and use grappling hooks? If you want to keep arguing, I suggest you and the staff modify the core rules for clarity on these issues instead. Allow alts to cast wall of stone, block in person, etc. Also state clearly that blocking with objects is permissible at specific locations.

halygon

Grandmaster
Yes, it is.

Do not use immovable OR movable items(kegs, crates, boxes, chests, doors, walls etc..) to block or otherwise trap players in or around your house or any and all areas which include dungeon areas or antrances. Players must have a clear path out by some means, always. You may block that path with your characters or pets however, and may gate block within these rules using your own GATES. Again, blocking enrances of dungeons, dungeon levels, or any other specific location using any and all movable or immovable items is NOT ALLOWED.

Yes, it is, when it's done with an alt.

There may be no multi-clienting in Player VS Player (PvP) scenarios. Auto following your main account on an additional account AND/OR using one account to shoot arrows, cast, or use pets alt+tabbing between clients while you pvp the same person(s) on an additional account at the same time is a jail-able offense. You may however, use two clients at any time for Player VS Monster (PvM) scenarios.

This is a PVP situation. So why is the alt allowed to block and use grappling hooks? If you want to keep arguing, I suggest you and the staff modify the core rules for clarity on these issues instead. Allow alts to cast wall of stone, block in person, etc. Also state clearly that blocking with objects is permissible.
Neither of these rules apply to the situations you are describing. Blocking recall spots is never against the rules.

Trojandrew

Grandmaster
specific area means entrance to crafters area or anything that can be described by a static set of coordinates, a movable boat that has a recall rune stapled to the location of an object that keeps moving is not specific.

Li Meiyang

Grandmaster
Really? The specific recall spot on the my boat (that is blocked in by other boats) is not specific?

The rules need serious clarification, cuz I'm definitely not F-ing wrong.

And beyond even that, this still needs addressing.

Trojandrew

Grandmaster
no, its mainly because its tied to the boat which is mobile, not the water which is specifit, the boat is tied to the water and ties the 2 together. ya its weridly worded

Li Meiyang

Grandmaster
The rules need major clarification. And if you're gonna allow alts to boat block and use grappling hooks, PVP alts ought to be able to physically block, heal, use wall of stone, etc.

Not that I agree with any of that. But it needs to be made clear.

Li Meiyang

Grandmaster
no, its mainly because its tied to the boat which is mobile, not the water which is specifit, the boat is tied to the water and ties the 2 together. ya its weridly worded

The boat is hardly "mobile" when it's blocked in by ships.... laid out by a grappling hookin' alt. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.