How to fix meta skill loss for everyone.

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
We're also talking about a meta with QS outscoring you when it was way too strong. Like way, way, way too strong.

And if the dragon RDA is the only RDA with monsters you can tank, then you need to invest in some slayer armor.

The champ damage outputs I have mentioned are all after the QS nerf. I remember when the nerf went into place and that is not part of the equation here.

Which slayers work on beetles, minotaurs, assassin things, and locke?

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Ok just since I don't know when I'll get to prove it in game as much as I would love the mil I will try to l prove it with math.

So to start you say Bradley can do double your damage so let's shoot for that.
If we can do the same base which is reasonable. Then I would get my 50% damage bonus which means I'm halfway to double.
Now in 1m I can proc 3 tread(900) 2 phase (700) and 3 double (450) for a total of 2000+ per min. Now I am not that familiar with defense relics but unless you are getting over 1000 a min then I will be double your score just like Bradley.

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
Ok just since I don't know when I'll get to prove it in game as much as I would love the mil I will try to l prove it with math.

So to start you say Bradley can do double your damage so let's shoot for that.
If we can do the same base which is reasonable. Then I would get my 50% damage bonus which means I'm halfway to double.
Now in 1m I can proc 3 tread(900) 2 phase (700) and 3 double (450) for a total of 2000+ per min. Now I am not that familiar with defense relics but unless you are getting over 1000 a min then I will be double your score just like Bradley.

I have seen berserkers do a bit more damage than me but the defense talisman is going to let you stand there and tank and get consistent damage output without retreating. Other dexers are going to have to fall back. But enough with the hypotheticals, we'll see where the chips fall. It'll be fun.

bradley-

Grandmaster
Me at champion spawns:
And PvP:
And bank sitting:
Just me at UO in general:

images

Wrexx

Grandmaster
Im sort of a meta pet/tamer expert. I would put my money on a Tamer on Riktor/Coon. I would put my money on a dexer on Undead/Abyss. Spider champ is a toss up.

You are right in that you will not recall around on a dexer and farm like you would on a tamer. I do feel that meta dexers have a power niche in the end game scene right now.

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
Im sort of a meta pet/tamer expert. I would put my money on a Tamer on Riktor/Coon. I would put my money on a dexer on Undead/Abyss. Spider champ is a toss up.

You are right in that you will not recall around on a dexer and farm like you would on a tamer. I do feel that meta dexers have a power niche in the end game scene right now.

Neira and Semidar are my least favorite as a dexer. Rikktor and Coon you can sit there and tank the mobs meanwhile dealing steady damage. Neira and Semidar have casting mobs at each level and it forces you to retreat and find smaller mobs. The more you move the less damage you are outputting.

What do you mean by power niche?

Wrexx

Grandmaster
Well those 2 Champs are difficult for pets as well for the same reason you mentioned. Casting mobs destroy pets. Pet management at abyss is impossible. A non meta dexer will beat a tamer at abyss no problem. So a meta dexer would wipe the floor with a tamer.

As for as a meta dexer niche. You get a meta pet to tank a boss. You use your dexer to attack said boss. You will keep up or out dps the meta pet. Slayers arnt suppose to work on bosses but they do on certain ones.

Messremb

Grandmaster
Neira and Semidar are my least favorite as a dexer. Rikktor and Coon you can sit there and tank the mobs meanwhile dealing steady damage. Neira and Semidar have casting mobs at each level and it forces you to retreat and find smaller mobs. The more you move the less damage you are outputting.

What do you mean by power niche?
you are using defense talisman, berserker tailisman cant tank that damage like you can, dragons and Drakes will wipe the floor with them with FB, and any champ with lots of poisoning MOBs is bad for zerker, also Rikktor can easily 2 shot a zerker.

i think Deceit is the best for dexers, so long as they can avoid the RC agro they can pretty much 1 shot every MOB in that champ. and the boss changes targets fast and wont one shot kill. I you wanna prove a tamer will still out damage that's the one i would be impressed by.

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
you are using defense talisman, berserker tailisman cant tank that damage like you can, dragons and Drakes will wipe the floor with them with FB, and any champ with lots of poisoning MOBs is bad for zerker, also Rikktor can easily 2 shot a zerker.

i think Deceit is the best for dexers, so long as they can avoid the RC agro they can pretty much 1 shot every MOB in that champ. and the boss changes targets fast and wont one shot kill. I you wanna prove a tamer will still out damage that's the one i would be impressed by.

The champs themselves dont up your score that much, duh. And I've ran against berserkers they can get a little bit more damage than defense but it balances out. Zerkers dont get double the damage at Neira.