How does the looting system work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Army11b

Expert
My gf and I went to the Serpent's Hold invasion event the last 2 nights and it was nearly impossible to get any loot from the things that we killed. We did most of the damage and in some cases all of it and people just run up when our monster dies and loots it, and fast. Are people using auto-loot programs? I have it set to open corpse on death and the loot just vanishes faster than I can grab it.

My main question per the title is how does the looting system work? Is it damage based, who hits first, or killing hit? People never went grey for looting either but I seem to get the warning message from time to time about not looting "criminal act".

Thanks

EvilAcid

Grandmaster
Sadly things like this is why any new uo servers will always be a shadow of the original. Many claim they are badasses and screw trammy's etc. But the real badasses are the programs being used to play the game. So much automation its unfortunate. Will always love uo, but a shame to see what its evolved into.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
I have to disagree with this. I have yet to find a way to auto loot anything. but the 'grabitem' is PRETTY handy....

Yeah autoloot doesn't work afaik

This is just another classic case of someone being out looted and everyone taking the opportunity to lament how steam (lol) and sallos (FUCKING LOL) are automating everything and it's not just that some people are better clickers than others.

Army11b

Expert

This is just another classic case of someone being out looted and everyone taking the opportunity to lament how steam (lol) and sallos (FUCKING LOL) are automating everything and it's not just that some people are better clickers than others.

Umm no. I am quick with a mouse and as soon as the coffin opens the stuff dissapears. Noone that fast.

People like you make these posts because YOU do it and are probably affraid of being caught.

Woodsman

Expert
Umm no. I am quick with a mouse and as soon as the coffin opens the stuff dissapears. Noone that fast.

People like you make these posts because YOU do it and are probably affraid of being caught.
You hit the nail on the head there haha

giphy.gif

And some people just do not know how to tinker with your UO files and make it possible to auto loot with steam.

lollo

Grandmaster

I know people with modded razor which has auto loot and I have seen several people that were looting way too fast not to be cheating.

It is what it is and I don't care but honestly pretending that auto loot is not possible is laughable

Josh D

Grandmaster
I was accused of autolooting in the event by some Minax tamer who isn't in EQMS

1. You're a douche to be in Minax for the gains and mitigated losses without helping fight for the sigils.
2. I use sallos with grab item, its just clicking.

@Army11b There may be some people who have rigged their clients to autoloot, but no one I know would do it for gold. Gold is easy enough to get anyway. The only things worth autolooting would be dragon eggs or skill scrolls. I can't think of anything else that drops on the corpse besides rare drops, and that'd be beyond obsessive to code all of those in. They are just faster looters than you, maybe due to them using sallos, or maybe skill.

Try sallos, the corpse opens a bit faster.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
I know people with modded razor which has auto loot and I have seen several people that were looting way too fast not to be cheating.

It is what it is and I don't care but honestly pretending that auto loot is not possible is laughable

damn im outta the loop then

pink canoe

Novice
I know people with modded razor which has auto loot

Well, shit! Get them in here so they can explain how they did it :D

Yep Steam is what they are using and there are ways to set it to auto loot if you know what your doing

Why don't you show us?

And some people just do not know how to tinker with your UO files and make it possible to auto loot with steam.

Again, please explain.

Reading these comments saying that there is some mystic way of circumventing the built in safeguards against cheating is hysterical. It's sorta like me claiming that there are some purple and blue elephants stealing my poptarts in the morning. I've never seen them, and have no proof they exist, but I bet they do! And all of you should believe those elephants exist too!!!

Either present evidence that there is some way to auto-loot, or be honest with us.

pink canoe

Novice

Obviously, you already had an answer in your head before you made this post. This last message proves it.

At the first sign of opposition, instead of realizing that your argument has no basis, you attack the opposition and claim THEY are cheating...

But hey, maybe EVERYONE is cheating except for you.

FAMARA

Grandmaster
people always accuse me of cheating when i snatch dragon eggs and crap, but its probally cuz they r trying to grid loot and shit, and i was always old school razor snatch it with my mouse, the second the corpse drops.

also my mouse is hovering over where the corpse is going to open before it opens. and my eyes r on that spot.

nothing is faster than that, unless people are using some specific script program with only 1 item registered into it.

shirtandpantsman

Grandmaster
people always accuse me of cheating when i snatch dragon eggs and crap, but its probally cuz they r trying to grid loot and shit, and i was always old school razor snatch it with my mouse, the second the corpse drops.

also my mouse is hovering over where the corpse is going to open before it opens. and my eyes r on that spot.

nothing is faster than that, unless people are using some specific script program with only 1 item registered into it.

I have seen people at least script for 1 type of resource on the fly. i was laying out about 250 chests (2 trips with a bag of 120 chests each) to block off some areas, and a guy would literally run by as fast as possible and grab maybe 10 chests while running full speed within a few seconds, but he looted a hundred or so chests as I put them out as I just watched sort of in disbelief that macros are so fucking OP

edit: also the people running around arch demon picking up 5 stacks of gold a second while running in circles

pink canoe

Novice
I have seen people at least script for 1 type of resource on the fly. i was laying out about 250 chests (2 trips with a bag of 120 chests each) to block off some areas, and a guy would literally run by as fast as possible and grab maybe 10 chests while running full speed within a few seconds, but he looted a hundred or so chests as I put them out as I just watched sort of in disbelief that macros are so fucking OP

edit: also the people running around arch demon picking up 5 stacks of gold a second while running in circles

I think you're talking about the scavenger tool on Razor and Steam.

shirtandpantsman

Grandmaster
I've used razor forever and never heard of a scavenger tool..
I think you're talking about the scavenger tool on Razor and Steam.

lol youre probably right.. I've used Razor forever and never heard of scavenger, but I just clicked around and see it now.. so what.. you just set it to gold or power scrolls or whatever you want, and then it auto loots when you run by? isn't that auto looting and exactly what this whole thread is about lol

or are we only talking about looting corpses? And couldn't this thing be made to work on corpses somehow?

Status
Not open for further replies.