great game. but pked alot... suggestion

Asmatu

Master
Your saying it's not pvp to stealth up to someone whose fighting a creature and kill them with a DP kyrss?

Its kind of is PvM and PvP I think. A bit a both, so, in a sense, neither. I guess pking is right in the middle between PvM and PvP.

Winstonian

Grandmaster
The only thing better than making a 7x Tamer-Bard, is finding one in a dungeon, and killing them, repeatedly.

Hence, now after 15 years of UO... Everyone is realizing, that the best creature to farm is other players who are farming. lol.
I've played (and PvPed) for that long, and I still haven't "realized" that. I gain no satisfaction from killing a distracted PvM char. I'd much rather kill someone who was ready and looking for the fight.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Metalhead-

Master
Many reds have alts that are maxed out and faction or O/C eligible, but they prefer rolling PvM chars in dungeons. Sure, they can PvP on a level playing field, but it's far more difficult to fight players that are prepared. So they choose not to.

You need to find POWER one night. I've never said I don't target bards, tamers, miners, etc. I PK solo 90% of the time and I target everyone. I'm often statted because of my play style. It doesn't make me a griefer because I PK someone that doesn't have a pvp template. That's what grinds my gears is the automatic assumption that red=griefer and it's just not the case. There are far more blue pkers out there than only PK just enough to stay blue. When I PK someone I rez, heal, and don't dry loot. I take regs and sometimes gold unless they're new. However when I'm killed I get insta statted, 50K prices for the bounty, Rez killed (especially in bucs), called a piece if shit griefer, etc etc.

The point is there's to much stereotyping on this server. People take getting their pixels killed so seriously that they forget it's a game everyone chose to play and we all play a role. I like being the bad guy. But I've seen far more blue griefers, scammers, and all around jackasses than I ever have reds. When you see my name coming in the corner of the screen you know what you're gonna get. The guys that do factions are 10x worse than reds when you compare the bulk of their actions vs PK. They get to label themselves "PvPers" but I don't? All I do is pvp and I've never ran from a 1v1 fight regardless of if it's a factioner, a bard, or another PK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Winstonian

Grandmaster
You need to find POWER one night. I've never said I don't target bards, tamers, miners, etc. I PK solo 90% of the time and I target everyone. I'm often statted because of my play style. It doesn't make me a griefer because I PK someone that doesn't have a pvp template. That's what grinds my gears is the automatic assumption that red=griefer and it's just not the case. There are far more blue pkers out there than only PK just enough to stay blue. When I PK someone I rez, heal, and don't dry loot. I take regs and sometimes gold unless they're new. However when I'm killed I get insta statted, 50K prices for the bounty, Rez killed (especially in bucs), called a piece if shit griefer, etc etc.

The point is there's to much stereotyping on this server. People take getting their pixels killed so seriously that they forget it's a game everyone chose to play and we all play a role. I like being the bad guy. But I've seen far more blue griefers, scammers, and all around jackasses than I ever have reds. When you see my name coming in the corner of the screen you know what you're gonna get. The guys that do factions are 10x worse than reds when you compare the bulk of their actions vs PK. They get to label themselves "PvPers" but I don't? All I do is pvp and I've never ran from a 1v1 fight regardless of if it's a factioner, a bard, or another PK.

I don't necessarily disagree, and you seem to be one of the legit murderers... someone who would PK despite the serious consequences of the past. Someone who plays the role properly, and who I'd respect dying to on a PvM char.

But it can't be compared to factions. Rarely is someone distracted, fighting monsters on a PvM char in factions. In factions (even during ganks), at least the victim was playing a PvP char, expecting to PvP. That's completely different from a PvM char getting jumped with half health.

Quality PKs are an asset to this shard because they represent a key aspect of this game. This shard doesn't have enough of those PKs, in my opinion.

besttherewas

Grandmaster
Jesus the people who post are ********.

no one with a life has time to macro their skills back after death.

Blue factioners are the biggest maggots on the shard. Seriously all they do is call in their entire stun scribe target macro crew for any orange, grey or red they see. They are not pvpers, but vaginas just looking for a cheap fuck. They also instant stat solo reds that started 1v1 then turns into 3-5 of them stun ganking.

But remember they're in it for the pvp *lol*. Most of them would still be blue even with 0 penalties for reds since their pussies can't handle having more than 1 man on them....

Cerebellum

Grandmaster

Blue factioners are the biggest maggots on the shard. Seriously all they do is call in their entire stun scribe target macro crew for any orange, grey or red they see. They are not pvpers, but vaginas just looking for cheap fuck. They also instant stat solo reds that started 1v1 then turns into 3-5 of them stun ganking.

But remember they're in it for the pvp *lol*. Most of them would still be blue even with 0 penalties for reds since their pussies can't handle having more than 1 man on them....

You, sir, are a douchebag.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Winstonian

Grandmaster

Blue factioners are the biggest maggots on the shard. Seriously all they do is call in their entire stun scribe target macro crew for any orange, grey or red they see. They are not pvpers, but vaginas just looking for a cheap fuck. They also instant stat solo reds that started 1v1 then turns into 3-5 of them stun ganking.

Ganking PvP chars in a system based around PvP is worse than ganking distracted PvM chars in dungeons? Magical.

Of course most players don't have the time to macro their skills back after death. That's what makes it a deterrence, and my most of the terrible reds here wouldn't be red if the actual UO system were the system here.

Metalhead-

Master

I don't know how you did it but I basically set a macro before going to bed and waking up to being GMed in the skills I set said macro for... That didn't take any time if my life away.

besttherewas

Grandmaster
Ganking PvP chars in a system based around PvP is worse than ganking distracted PvM chars in dungeons? Magical.

Of course most players don't have the time to macro their skills back after death. That's what makes it a deterrence, and my most of the terrible reds here wouldn't be red if the actual UO system were the system here.

You do realise that many of these pvmers are in large zerg guilds and welcome it, more often than not that red who killed that trash blue has 3 to 10 of his buddies coming shortly after. Sometimes legit pvp comes of it, other times just target closest zergs.

And if a tamer who is not being swamped by monsters dies to a solo pk then it is the tamers fault for being ********, likewise a bard with wrestle/resist.

Many of you who complain gear up with 50 ea reg and expect to be able to survive against experienced players or ganks whom have 25+k worth of gear on them, combine that with horrible reflexes and it is if no surprise why you see grey screens.

besttherewas

Grandmaster
Fyi 48 hours is a deterrence. Just ask any of the big name pks out there who have all their pvp chars red.

id like to see blues get statloss for 6 hours upon death just for a weekend so they can half understand what reds go through.

Winstonian

Grandmaster
Fyi 48 hours is a deterrence. Just ask any of the big name pks out there who have all their pvp chars red.

id like to see blues get statloss for 6 hours upon death just for a weekend so they can half understand what reds go through.
This misses the point completely, as the blue doesn't deserve a further consequence for dying because he isn't murdering people. That's how the system works, and why it was established. If reds don't want to face stat loss, they should stop killing blues. If they don't want to stop killing blues, they should stop complaining about the punishment.

besttherewas

Grandmaster
This misses the point completely, as the blue doesn't deserve a further consequence for dying because he isn't murdering people. That's how the system works, and why it was established. If reds don't want to face stat loss, they should stop killing blues. If they don't want to stop killing blues, they should stop complaining about the punishment.

Yo trammel, I said for a weekend, just so morons like yourself can feel what stat is like.

fyi, there are far more griefing blues out there who get no punishment.... what about them?

I think you are just sour cause u got zerged by a few shit reds. Sure there is many but reds cop it from zerg blues like psb or bulls guild who recruit anything that can cast ebolt and press targ closest, then boom 48 hours from a 1v10 death, whereas the blue loses nothing.

Winstonian

Grandmaster
Yo trammel, I said for a weekend, just so morons like yourself can feel what stat is like.

fyi, there are far more griefing blues out there who get no punishment.... what about them?

I think you are just sour cause u got zerged by a few shit reds. Sure there is many but reds cop it from zerg blues like psb or bulls guild who recruit anything that can cast ebolt and press targ closest, then boom 48 hours from a 1v10 death, whereas the blue loses nothing.
I'm "trammel" for pointing out that the red consequences here are far less than what they used to be, and that reds deserve a consequence for killing blues? Whatever you say.

Yes, there are also trashy blues, but far fewer than trashy reds, and they're limited to how trashy they can be. I'd put them on equal footing.

I'm not sour. I just hate hearing reds ***** about stat loss while telling blues to stop bitching about getting PKed.

besttherewas

Grandmaster
I'm "trammel" for pointing out that the red consequences here are far less than what they used to be, and that reds deserve a consequence for killing blues? Whatever you say.

Yes, there are also trashy blues, but far fewer than trashy reds, and they're limited to how trashy they can be. I'd put them on equal footing.

I'm not sour. I just hate hearing reds ***** about stat loss while telling blues to stop bitching about getting PKed.

The reds deal with unlimited griefing from blue zergs claiming to be pvpers....

besttherewas

Grandmaster
If there were no reds, then there would be a few fights each day tops, which is fine for a shard of 15, but there is 1k users online here.

until you roll as a solo red on a regular basis, please refrain from making comments about statloss. You have no idea how hard it is along with there being way too many pvp starved blues with a hard on looking to gank anything red(+instant stat to grief) or grey.

Winstonian

Grandmaster
If there were no reds, then there would be a few fights each day tops, which is fine for a shard of 15, but there is 1k users online here.

until you roll as a solo red on a regular basis, please refrain from making comments about statloss. You have no idea how hard it is along with there being way too many pvp starved blues with a hard on looking to gank anything red(+instant stat to grief) or grey.
What? I want reds here. This game would suck without reds. (Although PvP would still exist: the staff is working diligently on improving the PvP here.)

The majority of "pvp starved blues" are waiting in very obvious areas: high-traffic dungeons and, well, Brit. If reds choose to go there, they do so knowing they may die. Oh well. If you don't want to die, don't go there.

Or, take some red advice: "make a recall macro". Sounds like that should work both ways.

Basileus

Apprentice
Let's just say that is too much easy to recall from a pk attack, I saw ppl literally recall during a swing of my katana, lol.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

Normus

Neophyte
I swear I've been killed or attacked by.. 1/3 blue, 2/3 red. Trash talked by either.
Reds are what I would at least consider a 'known'. You know they are going to try to kill you. solo, or a gang, whatever.
Blues are by no means innocent. They might attack you, they might call in reds, they might just lure spawn, etc.

I've never cared for the term murderer in UO. PK's come in all flavors, from reds, to blues, to noto's. PVP'rs come in all flavors as well.

Though, for those who complain about ganks, it's to be expected with statloss. Loosing has a consequence, so to reduce the risk, you increase the #'s.

Personally, I think statloss should either be shorter, or less severe.
IE max 6-8 hours, or say 20% instead of 40.
Heck, 10% might be enough (not sure on the numbers), why not try for increasing the difficulty for reds vs increasing the risk. 10% skills, 10% stats. Not sure about anyone else, but that's still playable, but puts you at a disadvantage.
Hell, stack statloss, 5% a shot, upto 6 times on a resetting timer.

I also wouldn't mind seeing heads only turned in by the person who actually killed the red. I swear 9 times out of 10, heads are turned in just for the sole purpose of pissing a person off, or being an asshole. There are ALOT of PVP'rs, who turn in heads just to stat the person they killed. Has nothing to do with justice, or risk vs reward. It's just tbagging another player.

And, yes, Reds are part of what creates PVP. Whether it's reds vs reds, or blues vs reds, it helps establish a baseline conflict. Gives a open target. Guild wars suck, cause no one wants to be killed at the bank, or shopping, or have their crafters killed, etc.

Doobey Magee

Grandmaster
I know I have a tendency to ramble and I end up with 7 page replies. So im aiming at a quick reply here...

I also wish they would help the anti pk. I want to hunt pks. specifically the noob ground hunters/afk killers.... but not excluding the farmer killers.

And since that is an interest of mine, i would appreciate a system that caters to that desire.

I spent about 45 minutes looking for pks the other day, went through every level of shame, fire, deciet, hopped all around the world searching for a pk. Even went to orc cave fully prepared to fight against house hiding groups. Couldnt find a one.
Now my instincts at the time told me... B...of course u cant find any pks... they havent woke up yet its 9 am...
That was incorrect, it was just unlucky that i didnt bump into any as i popped around the world.

So my suggestion would be to have some kind of compass system for Anti Pks. I dont expect an arrow pointing to where he is hidden or anything silly like that. But if i had one of those super hero screens in my house that said "WARNING WARNING 3 PKS in Shame 4" id throw my cape on and get to saving lives.

And by saving lives i mean ill go there and die to 3 pks.