great game. but pked alot... suggestion

I will take this awesome server over any other MMO out there. I love this game, and this shard is amazing. I'm still getting to meet people, and have yet to really jump into the community, but I'll get there. It's silly to say, but I don't feel "worthy" yet.

I suggest that if you love this shard as much as I do, donate. Anything helps, and the people who maintain this service have done a tremendous job.

Long live UOForever !

I have donated twice. If uof meets my casual needs in the future ill donate again. The staff more than deserves that. No doubt about it. What i hope is that the community as a whole grows too and that pointless grief gets relieved by meaningful playstyles. I'll see.

Gesendet von meinem Nokia 6610 mit Tapatalk

Winstonian

Grandmaster
I have donated twice. If uof meets my casual needs in the future ill donate again. The staff more than deserves that. No doubt about it. What i hope is that the community as a whole grows too and that pointless grief gets relieved by meaningful playstyles. I'll see.

Well, pointless griefing will always exist, it's just rampant here because of the relaxed murderer consequences and a lack of better PvP options. The second of those will improve.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Looking forward to that. Now i need to find out how a casual gamer can generate a little money without traveling the dungeons.

Winstonian

Grandmaster
Looking forward to that. Now i need to find out how a casual gamer can generate a little money without traveling the dungeons.

Crafting and fishing. Both can be great, and there are plenty of guides out there.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
That's not really the point. In "old school UO", the penalties for being a murderer were far more severe than they are here, yet murderers STILL complain about stat. (I actually think that PKs complain more about stat than blues do about being PKed.)

what do you mean by more severe punishment?. Perma stat? most skills could macro'd back to gm in less than 48 hours unless running a pk with poisoning or taming

Cerebellum

Grandmaster
what do you mean by more severe punishment?. Perma stat? most skills could macro'd back to gm in less than 48 hours unless running a pk with poisoning or taming

Guarded area access definitely needs to be revoked. I think perma stat is too extreme, I think it will take us in the Trammel direction and that's no bueno.

Right now, a Red has nothing to lose more than a blue. That is a problem. There should be a consequence to choosing to be red. Perma stat can't be that consequence because blues far out number the reds. Perma stat will lead to selective elimination of a play style.

Herrac

Novice
There shouldn't be more consequence. Make some friends and adventure together if you are too scared to be alone in fear of the PK's.

Cerebellum

Grandmaster
There shouldn't be more consequence. Make some friends and adventure together if you are too scared to be alone in fear of the PK's.

So, in the spirit of "role-play", you think that a murder should be able to do anything else that a non-murderer can? That makes no sense and you know it.

stems

Neophyte
That's weird because I only seem to run into PKs once every three dungeon runs, OP. Maybe you should be more cautious and have a recall hotkey.

Or avoid hotspots. There are a lot of hidden away areas where PKs rarely bother visting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Winstonian

Grandmaster
The majority of PKs here would throw a complete fit if they had to rebuild their char every time they died. No avoiding it. No buying your head back. No alternative. It would absolutely deter a large number of the PKs here.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
i wasn't suggesting perma stat i think its fine how it is id even say shorten it to 12/24 hrs as long as it stops them returning to the fight evrey 5 mins looking for a cheap kill im happy.

blue are far more of an issue you see a red name you know to defend yourself. a cheap coward blue who smiles untill you 50% health is far worse

Winstonian

Grandmaster
i wasn't suggesting perma stat i think its fine how it is id even say shorten it to 12/24 hrs as long as it stops them returning to the fight evrey 5 mins looking for a cheap kill im happy.

blue are far more of an issue you see a red name you know to defend yourself. a cheap coward blue who smiles untill you 50% health is far worse
I agree that cowardly blues are also bad, but being a coward is being a coward.

Cerebellum

Grandmaster
The majority of PKs here would throw a complete fit if they had to rebuild their char every time they died. No avoiding it. No buying your head back. No alternative. It would absolutely deter a large number of the PKs here.

I am not for detering PKs. I want to deter the current state of PKing. Recall in, attack, loot, recall to next spot, rinse, repeat.

Honestly, I'd like to see recall removed. It's too easy to get around and get out for anyone. Without recall, territory is created. Crossroads become more popular, landmarks mean more, etc... Now that's never going to happen, but I can dream.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
I am not for detering PKs. I want to deter the current state of PKing. Recall in, attack, loot, recall to next spot, rinse, repeat.

Honestly, I'd like to see recall removed. It's too easy to get around and get out for anyone. Without recall, territory is created. Crossroads become more popular, landmarks mean more, etc... Now that's never going to happen, but I can dream.

On most servers i played on you can only recall out off and not into dungeons i did find it odd when i first started here

jixjax

Novice
On most servers i played on you can only recall out off and not into dungeons i did find it odd when i first started here
I remember having this as well. I certainly gives PvMers (especially the poor noobs) more opportunity to insulate themselves/react to pop-up gank squads.

Yavimaya

Novice
temporary stat loss apply to the account and not the char?

regardless I haven't felt the thrill of being on my toes while I pve since the days of Shadowbane. I guess when the thrill ends I'll post. Hopefully by then I'll be able to afford a pvp'er, tamer almost rdy to rock!

Asmatu

Master
The only thing better than making a 7x Tamer-Bard, is finding one in a dungeon, and killing them, repeatedly.

Hence, now after 15 years of UO... Everyone is realizing, that the best creature to farm is other players who are farming. lol.

Cerebellum

Grandmaster
The only thing better than making a 7x Tamer-Bard, is finding one in a dungeon, and killing them, repeatedly.

Hence, now after 15 years of UO... Everyone is realizing, that the best creature to farm is other players who are farming. lol.

I'm good with this view too. What I'm not good with is someone claiming this is "PvP". It's clearly not.