great game. but pked alot... suggestion

deez

Neophyte
i dont mind getting pked... i fight back and sometimes win. heres the issue. just about everytime i suit up and go out gold farming, i see a huge pk to innocent player ratio in the dungeons. I love the throwback and the thrill without trammel... thats not my issue. penalties for pking is not high enough. Im engaged in fighting monsters... and wam im dead from a pk because i see one every 5 minutes. pks just own the world outside of the towns.
Make penalties for murdering more severe.

pks in ultima forever are wayyyy to comfortable and i think that takes away from the magic of the game. I work a full time job and litereally dont want to play much because I see way to many comfy pks running around.

just my 2 cents.

deez

Neophyte
wanted to add that now with razor auto attacks,, it makes them even more powerful. would be a much more balanced game if penalties were more severe.

HellFire

Apprentice
It's pretty easy to live through a pk attack. As soon as u see a red name, run off screen and Kal Ort Por. You can also farm in a group. Good luck!

gucci mane

Apprentice
Im engaged in fighting monsters... and wam im dead from a pk because i see one every 5 minutes. pks just own the world outside of the towns.

found your problem

be ready to take off at a moments notice... dont be "engaged in fighting monsters" so committed.. be ready to run away. its so easy to get away. learn the areas

pks in ultima forever are wayyyy to comfortable and i think that takes away from the magic of the game. I work a full time job and litereally dont want to play much because I see way to many comfy pks running around.

i think it may be u who is being comfortable farming monsters ; - )

Desi

Grandmaster
You are playing an old-style Ultima Online shard, and are shocked by the hordes of pks?

So...yeah.

(edit: please refer to link above.)

shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Struan

Expert
Most people get to end game here fast. So there is lots and lots of pks.

Got pk'd 9 times in 2 hours a couple days back. Pretty standard. I'd say i get rez killed 30-40% of the time.

They roll in groups and almost always have blue scouts.

It's UOF. Many people have tried to complain/suggest changes to make pk'ing more risky. You'll get flamed and nothing will change.

Only thing you can do is make frequent bank runs and have lots of "to go" bags.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
I started here after a ten year break and it took all of about three deaths by PK to figure out how to survive. I am gone before I take any damage 9/10 times I see a PK.

If you are getting pkd 9 times in 2 hours you are doing something wrong. Wrong dungeon, no mount, no recall hotkey, hanging around with 25hp, something.

The only thing that needs fixing is your routine and preparation.

Struan

Expert
I had seriously unlucky timing with my health .... a couple were stealth pks ...a couple were lag based...and some other stupid shit like going afk to take a piss and being tracked and revealed and killed. Caught a real bad run...so 9 in 2 was a record.

PS mayor tips I was on a mount, have a recall hotkey and was in Wrong for a couple of those. Yes a couple of my toons do get down to 25hp when fighting mobs.

Anyway.... agreed..normally I get away more often than not., which is fine buuuuutt.....

... the blue scouts and the rez killing is lame. Pk's here are numerous and most are complete asshats.....anyway going off topic. I will save more of that for the PK Asshat thread.

Anyway all of the above is really off topic. Back to the original comments on PK vs "innocent" player ratio

1) yes there are a ton of pks here. A LOT!
2) stating here is a joke and does not act as a deterrent. I suspect several or the vets run multiple pks which makes stating even more irrelevant.
3) KS is correct, you should be able to get away most of the time.
4) expect the number of pks to rise...with the speed at which people get to end game here..increased pk population is a guarantee.

IF you do sometimes kill pk's as you stated please stat them...every single time. Do not negotiate with criminals.

I really hope an active pk hunting guild starts up. Sagan, you have all the moves..start one!

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
I had seriously unlucky timing with my health .... a couple were stealth pks ...a couple were lag based...and some other stupid shit like going afk to take a piss and being tracked and revealed and killed. Caught a real bad run...so 9 in 2 was a record.

PS mayor tips I was on a mount, have a recall hotkey and was in Wrong for a couple of those. Yes a couple of my toons do get down to 25hp when fighting mobs.

Anyway.... agreed..normally I get away more often than not., which is fine buuuuutt.....

... the blue scouts and the rez killing is lame. Pk's here are numerous and most are complete asshats.....anyway going off topic. I will save more of that for the PK Asshat thread.

Anyway all of the above is really off topic. Back to the original comments on PK vs "innocent" player ratio

1) yes there are a ton of pks here. A LOT!
2) stating here is a joke and does not act as a deterrent. I suspect several or the vets run multiple pks which makes stating even more irrelevant.
3) KS is correct, you should be able to get away most of the time.
4) expect the number of pks to rise...with the speed at which people get to end game here..increased pk

I really hope an active pk hunting guild starts up. Sagan, you have all the moves..start one!

There was a guild that was here that was a huge PK killing force. They were falsely accused of being a zerg squad, and were tried in the court of public opinion. They survive now as solo pks.

If you have a problem...and no one else can help...and if you can find them...maybe you can hire EQMS.

The only problem with this game from a PK perspective is that it is virtually impossible to be an anti-PK, since Bucs Den is no longer the go-to place for reds. Otherwise, an anti-PK has to go searching EVERYWHERE just for a PK; where as PKs can recall in to a farming spot, kill two people in no time, and recall home to safety.

So, the only issue in my mind is there is no viable counter to PKs yet. Hopefully the Valor system might help this, but I doubt it.

Katherine

Expert
The only problem with this game from a PK perspective is that it is virtually impossible to be an anti-PK, since Bucs Den is no longer the go-to place for reds. Otherwise, an anti-PK has to go searching EVERYWHERE just for a PK; where as PKs can recall in to a farming spot, kill two people in no time, and recall home to safety.

So, the only issue in my mind is there is no viable counter to PKs yet. Hopefully the Valor system might help this, but I doubt it.
agree

Malkraven

Grandmaster
Should be more benefit to hunting pks. Maybe one of these new titles announced in the expansion notes for the top 3 PK hunters on the new leader board. maybe the same for top 3 PKs on the Bounty board. (obv some sort of anti farming code in there to prevent people killing there alts over and over)

if you know where the Blues are farming and your know that the reds are gonna pk them then you know where the reds are going to be you just need to hang about and watch the blues for a while

Should be more benefit to hunting pks. Maybe one of these new titles announced in the expansion notes for the top 3 PK hunters on the new leader board. maybe the same for top 3 PKs on the Bounty board.

if you know where the Blues are farming and your know that the reds are gonna pk them then you know where the reds are going to be you just need to hang about and watch the blues for a while

This is easier said than done.

So I am going to be an anti-PK and decide to hang out at Shame level 5! Cool so I recall there... Shit poison elemental, need to run or fight, BLOOD VORTEX! AHHHHAHAHAHAHHAH! Spawn everywhere!

Personally, I think if you want to be an anti-PK, you join a specific group to do it, let's say a "Pursuer of Justice." As a Pursuer of Justice, you can purchase a cloak that makes you un-agroable to monsters, but you cannot attack monster or loot monster while in the possession of this cloak. Now you can actual camp active areas without hanging to become a Farmer.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
This is easier said than done.

So I am going to be an anti-PK and decide to hang out at Shame level 5! Cool so I recall there... Shit poison elemental, need to run or fight, BLOOD VORTEX! AHHHHAHAHAHAHHAH! Spawn everywhere!

Personally, I think if you want to be an anti-PK, you join a specific group to do it, let's say a "Pursuer of Justice." As a Pursuer of Justice, you can purchase a cloak that makes you un-agroable to monsters, but you cannot attack monster or loot monster while in the possession of this cloak. Now you can actual camp active areas without hanging to become a Farmer.

Then pks are gonna want a cloak so they dont have to deal with spawn either lol..... Reds deal with same spawn when they pk cast invis, take hide or recall around like a pk does. if you give some people item's to avoid spawn evreyone is gonna have 1 char to scout champs/scout dungeons for blues to pk on there ats its just open to abuse

Nathaniell

Novice

No, What you do is farm or hide at farming spots, as soon as a red pops to kill people, or a number of reds pop. you attack. Simple.

It shouldnt be a right to kill PK's, they have to farm, check locations, you just have to be smarter. Have para popped while hiding, as soon as seen BANG, pk dies.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
The elaborate mechanics that get suggested always amuse me, but frighten me also.

The mechanics to deal with pks are already in the game. Its just that it takes effort and thought to do it.