Fix meta pet xp loss to griefers

Aeriez

Novice
The exp loss to meta pets when griefed should certainly be looked at. Losing 10-20k per death is a ridiculously steep price to pay for some kid that wants to act immature. Logging in at 500k xp, and logging out after 5 hours of grinding with 450k is just silly. I dont think the mature players should really have to pay so much so that a delinquent can be an asshole and get away with it laughing..

Aeriez

Novice
And as i figured, one of the kids had to throw a remark in. Nothing to do with hard. It's not that hard. It's the fact that the innocent players have to pay out the ass for a child like yourself to get his kicks griefing people with no other purpose than to ruin the game for them. And if the griefer loses, they take little to no penalty. And its not to make it easier, its to make it fair. Red players already have every benefit in the game working for them. Zero to pve

Last edited by a moderator:

God.RG

Grandmaster
little to no penalty? you can't use that excuse anymore. there is no auto buyback anymore.. so don't be a scrub, kill the red.

wendy whoppers

Grandmaster
If you die to a red 1vs1 and you're using a tamer you deserve to have that meta statloss and be slapped IRL. Tamers can easily defeat pks 1 vs 3.

Use your head and stop asking for risk free trammel gameplay. Or actually, go back to WOW.

Aeriez

Novice
A pvp tamer could easily kill a red. A PvE built tamer, has absolutely zero chance if the red knows even remotely how to play. Problem is, if you're a pvp tamer, you cant farm a damn thing. And i dont care how childish your thinking is, no one deserves to lose several hours of play because some kid needs a way to feel like he has a place in the world

unemployed

Neophyte
Seems like the same few people who speak very vocally for the rest of the red community. The people who always say the same thing, "Fix nothing, change nothing, everything is great."

The fact that the system here has been made by people, its statistically impossible for everything to be perfect. There will be problems, and sometimes they will lean in the favor of a group of people. Tweaking needs to be made if you want to keep a game interesting and continue to grow it. While you make it obvious you are not good at playing with others, some of us enjoy it, and would like the server to grow both in red and blue content.

You are so quick to tell people to leave, and yet.. if everyone left who would listen to all your bullshit and bluster?

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
The exp loss to meta pets when griefed should certainly be looked at. Losing 10-20k per death is a ridiculously steep price to pay for some kid that wants to act immature. Logging in at 500k xp, and logging out after 5 hours of grinding with 450k is just silly. I dont think the mature players should really have to pay so much so that a delinquent can be an asshole and get away with it laughing..
You're wrong on both counts. You have to think outside the box.

1) You're not losing 10k xp per death unless your fighting a paragon aw or a boss. (You lose xp equal to the xp of the mob that hit you last)

A pvp tamer could easily kill a red. A PvE built tamer, has absolutely zero chance if the red knows even remotely how to play. Problem is, if you're a pvp tamer, you cant farm a damn thing. And i dont care how childish your thinking is, no one deserves to lose several hours of play because some kid needs a way to feel like he has a place in the world

2) I have a "PvP" tamer and hunting constantly and kill 90% of the pk that attack me because they're not expecting a fight back. I usually die if I'm not stocked with pots etc or do something idiotic like last night when I didn't reequip a weapon after drinking a pot...fail

Aeriez

Novice
You're wrong on both counts. You have to think outside the box.

1) You're not losing 10k xp per death unless your fighting a paragon aw or a boss. (You lose xp equal to the xp of the mob that hit you last)
That's the problem. Everywhere that is worth farming, has an AW or paragon within pulling distance at almost all times. And i always manage to have a griefer recall in on top of my head. So then they very specifically go pull those mobs on the pet. Never lose a pet to 1k hp mobs. And it's not the HP of the mob that hits last, its the accumulative HP of all mobs that are attacking your pet when it dies. (ive lost nearly 30k in one death before to a double AW paragon pull from a PKer)

Pvp tamer can't farm???? Lololol

You try fighting anything worth farming with a tamer that doesn't have provo or vet and see how it works out for ya.

Cack

Grandmaster
this is the risk you take using a tamer...flat out right there.
PvE...player vs. Everything? Use pots my man. you can kill a red. I see this as lazy thinking. "I dont want to defend myself so change the ruleset for my playstyle". Its not going to happen.
Tamers have the ability to make tons of cash...the balance to that is pkers(reds)
farm different places where reds seldom go.
one suggestion i read in the other thread was go to asylum where everyone is on foot. Theres tons of other options.
And as a tamer you should be clsoe to your pets always and have your finger on your all come recall hotkey.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
No offense but tamers also have it pretty easy.. I know the skill can be a grind to raise but when done, you have one of, if not the best farmers in the game. Seriously, you can't have all the cake and eat it and no, I am not a kid and I do not have a red on my account.

unemployed

Neophyte
No offense but tamers also have it pretty easy.. I know the skill can be a grind to raise but when done, you have one of, if not the best farmers in the game. Seriously, you can't have all the cake and eat it and no, I am not a kid and I do not have a red on my account.

This is a good point! Although im curious if the system would not be just as effective if instead of losing the meta xp total to the mobs health on death, its xp loss is rated on how much xp is gained from damage you do before dieing to the monster.

The only reason not to run it that way, is if its a balance issue with the speed he wanted the meta's leveled?

Wrexx

Grandmaster
The xp loss used to be capped at 10k. That doesn't seem to be the case anymore. I think a flat 10k loss regardless of how your pet dies. Most pve tamers have no resist and wrestle. They are also almost always engaged on a mob when pks come. If a red dies to a tamer on foot they are ********. I'm not saying they always should get the kill on the tamer, but fuck man its silly to die to fucking dragons that can't chase.

Dischordant

Apprentice
I can vouch that the xp loss cap is definitely bugged. Very possible its 10k per mob engaged. But I've personally seen 15-25k loss on one grief death if multiple AWs/Paragons are pulled onto it.

Duck Face

Grandmaster
Just grief them back. I got a few $ pets killed this morning multiple times. Good Stuff.

ofC6v9r.png