FFA PvP Event Ruined By Exploiters Killing Players AFTER FFA Ends In Safe Zone and Dry Looting

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve-o

Grandmaster
If anything I would say that because there was no disclaimer or warning about bringing your items at your own risk, nor mention of the fact that you could bring items, that staff isn't obligated either way.

Since they're not obligated to replace the items, then why should staff break their own rules??

from the FAQ:

Staff Related Rules:

Ultima Online Forever Staff will never replace or give out items for any reason.

To me this rule exists for more than one reason. That is to say, if in this case staff doesn't take the item from the player who ended up with it, they would have to generate a new item of that type, bringing it's value down for everyone else. It's best just not to get involved in these types of cases imo.
it did already happen other times that for bugs u get your stuff back

LSDjay

Grandmaster
If anything I would say that because there was no disclaimer or warning about bringing your items at your own risk, nor mention of the fact that you could bring items, that staff isn't obligated either way.

Since they're not obligated to replace the items, then why should staff break their own rules??

from the FAQ:

Staff Related Rules:

Ultima Online Forever Staff will never replace or give out items for any reason.

To me this rule exists for more than one reason. That is to say, if in this case staff doesn't take the item from the player who ended up with it, they would have to generate a new item of that type, bringing it's value down for everyone else. It's best just not to get involved in these types of cases imo.

, GM Blair was the responding GM. He told me that he had been watching for a while

That is why i think something should have happend right there.
These are fun events and should be kept fun.

Bobby123

Grandmaster
you should get all your stuff back 100%!

this is a BUG and someone abused it!

it was EQMS... strange! LAWL

Just imagine $ did this to @GluttonySDS or any of the EQMS players !

Can anyone IMAGINE HOW MANY CRY THREADS WILL THERE BE ?!?!?!?!???!?!?!?!?!?

This was an exploit and someone abused it . Even if no action was taken against the abusers , at least return the items to the players . ( a valorite runic crafted katana is worth 2-4 mil )

Like i said earlier , this wasnt working as intended .

In my opinion , the crux of the matter is : Can @Szapherdok prove that Old Soul Savvy and Torrence from EQMS did that ?

P.S : I have no vested interests in this matter . Infact , @Bromista and @Szapherdok are our rivals in game . But i would like to see some justice done for these guys this time .

wreckognize

Grandmaster
it did already happen other times that for bugs u get your stuff back

It's up to the players to do the testing for themselves to ensure their items are kept safe on a felucca shard. For example I haven't gone to any of the recent tournys because I simply have not had time to test if items can be stolen there or reds can be attacked there freely.

The fault lies on the player here for that reason. Would you really bring a weapon worth millions out without making sure it was safe to do so if nothing official was ever stated about how safe it was?? it's ridiculous.

steve-o

Grandmaster
It's up to the players to do the testing for themselves to ensure their items are kept safe on a felucca shard. For example I haven't gone to any of the recent tournys because I simply have not had time to test if items can be stolen there or reds can be attacked there freely.

The fault lies on the player here for that reason. Would you really bring a weapon worth millions out without making sure it was safe to do so if nothing official was ever stated about how safe it was?? it's ridiculous.
sorry but these events are known to be safe and this ffa grey bug I thought was solved time ago....

it's a bug caused by a broken game mechanics

CAPTUN AUSTRALIA

Grandmaster
I know the post is long, but the lack of reading it all invalidates the reply a bit. Those were the items lost by one of the other players that were killed. I lost a verite kryss and horned runic bone set with an invul gorget, closer to 400-500k worth of pvp equipment to use specifically to enjoy and compete in the fun PvP Events.

I appreciate that most of the response has remained on topic and within a respect of the situation.

Well more than i thought, either way if it happened to me i'd be like "gay" but move on.

The horned runic ar set is meh, losing the kyrss is half gay.

Then again the 2 newbs who attacked could have very well died trying such clown behavior on myself =/

Kilike

Grandmaster

from the FAQ:

Staff Related Rules:

The people who abused this bug should be banned, and the items should be returned. Events should be turned off till the issue is resolved as well to prevent it from happening to others.

If events spit you out in any non safe zone then sure you might have a leg to stand on. However that's not the case. You go into a safe no loot event and at the end are returned to A SAFE ZONE.

I understand why they have the rule about returning items, but non the less they should be in this case.

Sent from my SM-G900P

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Yes but that's also part of my point here, there was never any clarification about the safety of items brought to these events. Who ever said it was supposed to be safe? Was it ever specified that the event would take players to a safe zone at the end?? No. @Kilike has the wrong idea here.

Regardless, it's always sad to have one less player over a non issue situation. In this case, if it was my server, of course I would have replaced the players item without taking it away from its new owners. It's not really going to effect the value of that particular item so I don't see the harm in it.

I suppose I would always choose the path with less player interaction if I could, I know well how some players have had their feelings hurt by over-zealous gamemasters on other shards, especially OSI since they didn't really know what they were up against in this regard and so they didn't have a chance at generating good policies like we do. That's why I have so much respect for staff here, for putting up with a few shots before taking action. They've posted some of the things they've had to deal with, and they put up with a lot that they truly don't deserve. Staff here was handed down this problem by their predecessors in past history, so they need to step lightly with the players who have had bad dealings with. But I also don't blame them either way. If a player got banned for rudeness, then his attitude was probably toxic to begin with so it's no real loss.

EvilAcid

Grandmaster
Still new here, have read up a decent amount but still on the learning curve as many may be about rules and policies. Still think a safe zone should be a safe zone if that's whats up, but also really appreciate our last felucca beacon of uolife. Server overall is amazing, and it seems staff, though perhaps limited in number works hard to provide a great experience.

Instead of jail can we have a public gallows at WBB. If staff deems you cheating, exploiting etc it's like a murder count and you gotta burn off the time on that character if you want to play him again. Perhaps hand out tomatoes and other rotten fruit. ;) *rofllcopters self*

King Dingaling

Grandmaster
not trying to step on anyones toes here, i never pvp or attend any pvp events...something i really want to get down and invest some time in.

but lets be honest, some of comments in here are just ridiculous. if the staff calls it a "SAFE ZONE", then that absolutely means its safe to be there with no risk of losing anything. if you randomly go to the safe zone, you can not be attatcked, stolen from, cast anything, hide, steal, etc. but because of a broken game mechanic from an event that teleports to the "SAFE ZONE", it causes it to apprently not be safe. i dont se the argument here...

now as to getting the stuff back, im not sure how that would happen. but if the staff knew before hand and been watching, them bastards should definitely be banned. seems to me it is too linient around here..

TheFallen

Grandmaster
One of the players involved happens to be my brother. I texted him and called him a dick. I'll either get your kyrss back or a check for the equivalent.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Ok well an interesting conversation with my brother. So apparently the op actually attacked him first he casted invis and then when revealed was attacked again. At which point he killed the op.

I still think my brother is a dick and that no one should have lost their items from a ffa so my offer still stands. However, I think when people are throwing around the idea of bans they should be giving all the facts. I tend to believe it may have been by accident that the op attacked but to leave that part out changes the story entirely.

Apparently there are two sides to every story. I will do my best to make it right and my bro has already said to "give the guy his weapon back" but next time please don't go accusing people of intentionally abusing a bug when they were just reacting to being attacked.

Young Star

Grandmaster
The players that did this have been identified. Their accounts should be jailed unless they can hand over the gear they took. I know it is very hard for a GM to go and find specific items once they've changed possession, especially if they're not in their bank or backpack. If they can't produce the gear they forfeit their own gear.

Cack

Grandmaster
This was never an issue on dfi and we were "spit out" at wbb , no safe zone.
Why?
Because all the items were supplied in the event. No ridiculous sets of armor/million gold weapons.

Young Star

Grandmaster
Ok well an interesting conversation with my brother. So apparently the op actually attacked him first he casted invis and then when revealed was attacked again. At which point he killed the op.

I still think my brother is a dick and that no one should have lost their items from a ffa so my offer still stands. However, I think when people are throwing around the idea of bans they should be giving all the facts. I tend to believe it may have been by accident that the op attacked but to leave that part out changes the story entirely.

Apparently there are two sides to every story. I will do my best to make it right and my bro has already said to "give the guy his weapon back" but next time please don't go accusing people of intentionally abusing a bug when they were just reacting to being attacked.
I guess the other 4-5 people killed were because he was consumed with rage from the first guy and couldn't help himself ;)

TheFallen

Grandmaster
I guess the other 4-5 people killed were because he was consumed with rage from the first guy and couldn't help himself ;)
He was only one of two guys and according to him he only killed the op. As I said I wasn't there but if I got attacked I very well would fight back and even though it sounds like he didn't kill anyone other than the op I know I would probably start fighting back against all the Greys I would have assumed attacked me but I am bad at pvp and would have died so it would be a non issue.

My point is the op my a very thorough post about the events and seems to have left out some details that are very important. If things are to get fixed an accurate description of events is obviously more helpful.

Kilike

Grandmaster
He was only one of two guys and according to him he only killed the op. As I said I wasn't there but if I got attacked I very well would fight back and even though it sounds like he didn't kill anyone other than the op I know I would probably start fighting back against all the Greys I would have assumed attacked me but I am bad at pvp and would have died so it would be a non issue.

My point is the op my a very thorough post about the events and seems to have left out some details that are very important. If things are to get fixed an accurate description of events is obviously more helpful.
Not saying the OPs story might be missing some details, but your brothers sounds extremely fishy

Sent from my SM-G900P

Status
Not open for further replies.