FFA PvP Event Ruined By Exploiters Killing Players AFTER FFA Ends In Safe Zone and Dry Looting

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Not saying the OPs story might be missing some details, but your brothers sounds extremely fishy

Sent from my SM-G900P
Not sure which part sounds fishy. Dude attacked him. He killed dude.

I tend to believe my brother since I just asked him with no discussion of the forum post. Simply because the other person died doesn't mean they were not at fault in the first place. In the first post the op actually even says that a dexer could accidentally attack someone which is what I believe happened and then tried to fight once they realized their mistake. Since a gm watched the whole thing I'm assuming it was all determined to be a game mechanics issue and for my brothers part he has offered to give buddy back his stuff. (FYI my bro is the old soul guy and I really don't know any details on what the other guy involved did).

I shouldn't even bother posting on the matter but at first I was just trying to make it right and now with more information I'm just trying to put the whole story out there since I know my bro won't bother with the forums as he posts like twice a year.

smile it's me

Grandmaster
storytime.gif

Skye Wolfbane

Governor of Trinsic
This isn't a new issue. It's happened before and has for awhile. Thought it was fixed but maybe with the issue this past weekend whatever was done to fix it might have been undone.

It should be fixed. But I get why the stuff is hard to get back because it's only your say so what's been taken. Not saying you aren't being honest, but there are plenty who wouldn't be and then the GMs are left deciding who is honest and who isn't. Better yet, the players who killed you or their GM should step up and be decent. But..lol.

This is why I am in full support of CTFs, FFAs returning to how they were. GM stuff only. The events themselves are way less fun now that everyone is decked out imo.

King Dingaling

Grandmaster
2 sides to every story..you are right. but when 1 side doesnt show up in here (only the words from you, not the actual guy who did it), then it still really isnt 2 sides yet.

now it looks like a case of he said she said, according to you and your brother...which is why, imo, it would be hard to even get the stuff back.

i dont know either one of them, but the amount of stories and accusations about that guild makes you even wonder if there is any credibility anyways....

Messremb

Grandmaster
Szaphers story has 4 people all claiming the same thing, and only 2 of them are allies, and there are holes in your brothers story.

I believe that szapher may have accidentally attacked your brother (attack last macro, our maybe the flag carried over so he auto attacked.) But that doesn't explain the 3 others who were attacked by him. So I can't imagine he is telling you the whole story.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
I'm not certain where your saying the holes are? If you think that Szaphers may have attacked him first then that holds true. I havent seen anyone else claim that old savvy killed them.
Now Ill assume the worst and say that ok old soul did attack everyone grey to him after being attacked and having a guildmate in combat with someone after the event. If that did occur then it is more or less what i would expect as they werent in ts and just start killing anyone since they were attacked.
As there is no video but a gm witnessed the whole thing according to op I can only assume that the events went along those lines as opposed to two players just railing on everyone as descried. Unfortunately who attacked first (even if by accident) changes the story significantly.
At the end of the day it is still a bug that should be fixed. The player in question has been offered his loot as it shouldnt have happened. I just dont enjoy seeing a lynch mob based on half the facts.

Messremb

Grandmaster
I'm not certain where your saying the holes are? If you think that Szaphers may have attacked him first then that holds true. I havent seen anyone else claim that old savvy killed them.
Now Ill assume the worst and say that ok old soul did attack everyone grey to him after being attacked and having a guildmate in combat with someone after the event. If that did occur then it is more or less what i would expect as they werent in ts and just start killing anyone since they were attacked.
As there is no video but a gm witnessed the whole thing according to op I can only assume that the events went along those lines as opposed to two players just railing on everyone as descried. Unfortunately who attacked first (even if by accident) changes the story significantly.
At the end of the day it is still a bug that should be fixed. The player in question has been offered his loot as it shouldnt have happened. I just dont enjoy seeing a lynch mob based on half the facts.
Torren was taking counts, and Bromista had said he was attacked by them as well, I guess we need the other victims to step up. But yes I still see holes.

And based on the number of victims, and their reports of it being eqms (and your brother from at least 2 accounts) I have to imagine you are not getting the whole story either.

Also you're brother claimed to only kill one, so right off we see conflicting information.

Lexington

Grandmaster
They should delete the docks and move the dueling area in town near the bank.... that would fix the problem and they'd probably get more use as well?!

@Shane

I would like to say a few things now that this thread has received Quite an amount of reviews and feedback. I want to state first, once again, that this thread was not created simply because "I'm crying I lost my stuff, give it back!" - It was created to point out the problems, and Actual concerns, of being a player here and the time and work involved to be able to even compete with certain players on this server.

It is not a thread about whether or not a verite weapon and armor can be replaced. We know items, to an extent, can be replaced. But why in the World, would I EVER feel Safe competing in "Safe PVP Events" ever again, without the concern of being killed and looted afterwards, in a STATED Safe Zone, and then have players like @GriefedYaBish who's only input is "You're crying because you lost stuff, get over it, i've forgotten to lock things down and put blessed items in a bag before"

Well, GriefedYaBish , That is YOUR Fault. This was NOT My Fault, not was it something that I could fix or handle. These were players Intentionally taking advantage of a bug involving these events.

Whats more important, is that these issues be brought to light, and that ANY STAFF PLEASE? actually comment on true concerns and problems like this. I am, and have, had nothing but respect for this server, as well as 99% of the players, even ones who I don't agree with.

The problem is, and No Offense GriefedYaBish , but players/posters like you who post a response to an Intelligent conversation and post, are basically saying "get over it" - Well, at what point would you be mad or upset, if this were to happen to you? And instead of Fixing it, you're basically saying to 'get over it' - Well the problem with that, is that the players who Were abusing bugs and problems in the event, are just being let go. They can now continue to do what they want, and receive no punishment for what they did. So when you post saying "get over it quit crying" you're actually HELPING cheaters and grifers continue to get away with doing things like this instead of Understanding the situation and supporting that things be worked on and dealt with to resolve these problems.

We CANNOT BURY these problems and issues! We cannot just deal with everything simply as "Deal with It" because then it Buries the problems that are at hand, allows rude players to continue doing this, and nothing gets changed. Can you not understand that on top of taking advantage of a bug/exploit, that not only did they killed players in Safe Zones, but they were REWARDED with our loot for their breaking the rules/exploiting of a bug.

I don't want attention, I don't EXPECT anything returned, though I think it is warranted, I don't want people thinking of me as a whiner or a bad person. I have gone above and beyond to help players, to try to show respect to most players, and to play by the rules.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
So should Bobby have paid then? And are you pretending to be a leader? LOL

Depends on the legality of the actions taken. If it was considered to be bannable by all accounts, then of course, the right thing to do would be to compensate. As for me being a pretending leader, I have ran enough guilds over the last 15 years or so that I feel I have some understanding of guild mechanics. Thanks for your concerns though ;)

Darkarna

Grandmaster
bunch of whiny trammies lolol

you lost 300k worth of items who gives a shit, move on. I've lost mils+ worth of items by forgetting to lock something down, putting a blessed item in a pouch,and leet runic weapons when you were able to steal them at CTF. Meet me at WBB i have a tissue for your issue. Maybe eppy can do the vesper bone mask of entitlement to compensate for your loss.

Um, I think you are in the wrong place, the PVP forums are -------> that way...

Did you attack old soul first?

No, I have no recollection of purposely attacking Old Soul after the event. It wasn't until I started to get ebolted that my character, still holding his weapon as you would be after leaving an event, was attacked, and auto-faught back. I never targeted someone, pulled health bars, etc. I was stuck in one place and it just swung in response to taking damage like you would if you were attacked and standing on top of another player.

Look, this thread was Never intended to specifically try to insult or even result in the banning of any players. Jail time maybe? Or at least checked for the items looted from players and remove them or return them? If I'm already stating, multiple times, that whats upsetting is the loss of yoru time and effort aquiring nice items to compete in these events, then it should be obvioius that I would be the last one to try to leave an event, be STUCK in a spot, and attack someone knowing I could/would be killed and looted.

I don't even really have a problem with what happened in specifics to Your Brother. My anger, annoyance, and being upset about these AWESOME FUN EVENTS that UO:F provides us, is simply that shit needs to be addressed and dealt with when things like this happen. And that if we 'bury' the issues by calling people a cry baby or other useless nonsense, it lets people get away with this, and on top of that, they're rewarded with the items they've looted while abusing an issue.

I want to see UO:F Propser, and become even better than it is, but with that, comes consequence to certain actions, and comes the need to addrss problems and concerns like this immediately.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Here is my concern. You say you have no recollection of purposely attacking him. I believe you. I also believe my bro who says you did. I assume some macro or purple pot or something caused the attack. You were not able to report him which would seem that you must have struck first. Since Toren was reported and turned red and Old soul didnt get a single count. I really dont disagree with most of what you have to say but it seems to me that although likely by accident you attacked another player (as you couldnt report) and are now calling that player an exploiter for killing you in return.

Here is my concern. You say you have no recollection of purposely attacking him. I believe you. I also believe my bro who says you did. I assume some macro or purple pot or something caused the attack. You were not able to report him which would seem that you must have struck first. Since Toren was reported and turned red and Old soul didnt get a single count. I really dont disagree with most of what you have to say but it seems to me that although likely by accident you attacked another player (as you couldnt report) and are now calling that player an exploiter for killing you in return.

Fallen:

When you immediately leave a PVP Event, you have a couple of people, depending on how many people you targeted last within a certain time frame, that remain grey to you. This being the case, since your brother was grey to me evidently, neither one of us would have been able to provide a murder count for the other.

Whether a purple pot or not set off an attack, I would Not have intentionally stay there, stuck with my items, trying to kill players. That said, accidental response to damage as a dexer, which i think is what i'm trying to get you to understand, is different compared to two mages purposely casting damage spells and targeting players. I was not the only death. I was 1 of 3 or 4. This is where it becomes an issue, and not revolved only around MY bad luck/bad timing of being there.

The other way to look at this is: They could have chosen to cast heal while we waited for this time-out issue to stop letting us attack/be attacked , but instead chose to cast damage spells to kill players. THEN, looted them. If the whole thing was an accident, and people were in any way nice or respectful of the situation, at the least, we shouldn't have been looted on top of being killed.

Does he have my Kryss BTW? Lol - That was not my 'END GAME ULTIMATE ITEM' that I'm crying about. The kryss can be replaced, though I paid 270 or 285k for it and have the transaction conversation in my forum history as it was done thru a private sale from a member here who had posted to PM him if you wanted a verite weapon - so I can factually show the proof of the item, what was paid, who crafted it, etc.

My larger concern is that 'dont expect your gear back' is not how staff should have responded to the incident. This again, allows players to continue to do this without fear of consequences, and on top, rewards them for their exploiting.

Please, respectfully, this thread has NOT turned into a full-on rage or stupid insult thread yet. Only in a mild mannor. If we can PLEASE keep those types of posts out of this thread, what is important to me is getting some feedback from Staff in regards to what happened and how it was dealt with.

Status
Not open for further replies.