Feedback on 1% skill lost with gain speed as player

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoXXeD

Grandmaster
Some dexxers with the right weapons can make just as much a provo dexxer with a slayer weapon makes more money faster then a tamer.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
under what basis? what proof do you have that they are op? You can kill most tamers with explo ebolt or murk them so fast with a dexxer

1. They make too much money, too fast, with too little risk (risk has just been introduced, much to the chagrin of tamers)

2. You die to a dexxer as a tamer with pets?! All kill, target nearest red, heal yourself.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
Some dexxers with the right weapons can make just as much a provo dexxer with a slayer weapon makes more money faster then a tamer.

That dexxer can die and lose all his gear. Now tamers have a risk of loss if they don't play their class well enough.

NoXXeD

Grandmaster
1. They make too much money, too fast, with too little risk (risk has just been introduced, much to the chagrin of tamers)

2. You die to a dexxer as a tamer with pets?! All kill, target nearest red, heal yourself.
Lies the pets are on mobs and never get off them

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
With the changes as they are right now a new player has better options to choose other template for farming gold over a tamer. He will save gold on PETS, SKILL SCROLLS, POWER SCROLLS, STABLE MAINTENANCE and most important enormous time of not needing to bother raising taming to 90+. Not to mention the cost of losing a pricey pet.

I would go with super slayer weapons (especially now with slayer armor and slayer weapons being easily crafted also with improved wood) on top enormous magic weapons that already drop/exist on server. Dexxers also have strong edge over tamers with points at champs.

I trust the staff to be experienced enough to reverse this unnecessary nerf. Players already been benefiting from the way things are for too long ( 1 year and 8 months) and I don't recall anyone QUITTING cuz of this, but rest assured I at least will take a long break as a sign of protest if this is seriously not thought carefully again.

Finally, the current nerf as it is right now is still too much based on the amount of time a provo/tamer invests to raise the resist of his pets compared with the average time his pets are dying. At least tamers should be ABLE to train their pets.

If the staff for any reason is still too stubborn and press for severe nerf to pet skills upon death at least they have to ensure the penalty is ½ of the average time players lose their pets.

New players have always been better off with a different template.

Tamers can solo the hardest mobs. They can tame/ride rare pets. A pvp tamer will be dominant.

Now they just have to keep their pets alive.

NoXXeD

Grandmaster
Let me just correct this. A TAMER can die and LOSE ALL HIS gear as well (armor, instruments and regs). Dexxers can solo the hardest mobs as well. It's called SLAYER armor and provoke. Tamers also CANNOT solo the hardest mobs. Their pets will get overrun by more than 1 of those mobs. It's why many choose provoke, something a DEXXER can do as well. Again, incorrect with the PvP tamer being dominant.

It's funny how you completely ignore the fact that after all of these comparisons, dexxers have MELEE avoidance. Tamers dont have wrestling...All it takes for a decent dexxer is to separate tamer from mobs and you never mention how DEXXERS can use deadly poisons on top. Not to mention mobility. Most tamers don't use mounts while dexxers can run out heal and come back. Most tamers also don't have magic resist, due to the need to invest in vet. Finally, mobs do aggro pets consistently and a tamer can only do as much "all stop" "all follow" before his pets start dropping fast in loyalty.

But I'm not gonna bother feeding Karl Sagan anymore. He is a known troll against tamers.
+1000

Bigwyrm

Adept
Lol sorry I forgot all stop. A properly geared/played tamer will eat dexxers.

wow ok can we stop the madness pls.. Karl you are soo wrong here ..way off and your past few pst have been ridiculous ..pls go fight with a tamer pls before spewing crap ..about all stop all kill closest red ..lol that dosent work if you played a tamer you would knw that ..your pets will re aggro mobs it was attackin when those mobs re attack your pet..also as soon as person off screens your pets de aggro them ..and you have to tell them again to attack..still dosent listten and you go down like paper on a tamer ..they not designed for that because of previous nerfs.. and not all build are same that is what makes uo UO..so should one tamer build be punished more than another tamer build now ???so pls i am so tired of this thread already with people thinking they knw something..and are so off base with reality in game ..

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
Let me just correct this. A TAMER can die and LOSE ALL HIS gear as well (armor, instruments and regs). Dexxers can solo the hardest mobs as well. It's called SLAYER armor and provoke. Tamers also CANNOT solo the hardest mobs. Their pets will get overrun by more than 1 of those mobs. It's why many choose provoke, something a DEXXER can do as well. Again, incorrect with the PvP tamer being dominant.

It's funny how you completely ignore the fact that after all of these comparisons, dexxers have MELEE avoidance. Tamers dont have wrestling...All it takes for a decent dexxer is to separate tamer from mobs and you never mention how DEXXERS can use deadly poisons on top. Not to mention mobility. Most tamers don't use mounts while dexxers can run out heal and come back. Most tamers also don't have magic resist, due to the need to invest in vet. Finally, mobs do aggro pets consistently and a tamer can only do as much "all stop" "all follow" before his pets start dropping fast in loyalty.

But I'm not gonna bother feeding Karl Sagan anymore. He is a known troll against tamers.

1. There are plenty tamer builds with wrestling. Sorry you can't have the best of all worlds, neither can anyone else.

2. Dexxers with Provo give up plenty, just like tamers with Provo.

Really re-read your post. You're just complaining that now tamers have to either: 1) make hard template choices 2) group up 3) play their class well or suffer the consequences of playing your template poorly.

Those choices are the same ones non-tamers have to make.

Disagreeing is not trolling.

Sundigo

Neophyte
wow ok can we stop the madness pls.. Karl you are soo wrong here ..way off and your past few pst have been ridiculous ..pls go fight with a tamer pls before spewing crap .. ..

Don't even bother. His very first post was clearly a troll post, basically just making assertions without supporting any of them. His further posts continue to be more of the same. He has contributed nothing of value to the conversation. I would be shocked if he did.

Regards,

Sundigo

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
wow ok can we stop the madness pls.. Karl you are soo wrong here ..way off and your past few pst have been ridiculous ..pls go fight with a tamer pls before spewing crap ..about all stop all kill closest red ..lol that dosent work if you played a tamer you would knw that ..your pets will re aggro mobs it was attackin when those mobs re attack your pet..also as soon as person off screens your pets de aggro them ..and you have to tell them again to attack..still dosent listten and you go down like paper on a tamer ..they not designed for that because of previous nerfs.. and not all build are same that is what makes uo UO..so should one tamer build be punished more than another tamer build now ???so pls i am so tired of this thread already with people thinking they knw something..and are so off base with reality in game ..

Yes a tamer with pvp considerations in their build is punished less in pvp than a tamer with a pure PvM build. That absolutely makes sense.

PvP is complicated and I'm ok with 1-2 extra steps required to get your pets on someone.

NoXXeD

Grandmaster
1. There are plenty tamer builds with wrestling. Sorry you can't have the best of all worlds, neither can anyone else.

2. Dexxers with Provo give up plenty, just like tamers with Provo.

Really re-read your post. You're just complaining that now tamers have to either: 1) make hard template choices 2) group up 3) play their class well or suffer the consequences of playing your template poorly.

Those choices are the same ones non-tamers have to make.

Disagreeing is not trolling.

5x dexxer with music and provo gives up nothing. He has resist agaisnt mages has wrestling against dexxers. He has slayer weapons which can do 150-200+ dmg to mobs, that my drag ww combo have no prayer of doing and they swing mad fast. Oh, they can also heal them selves with bandages and don't have to worry about healing a pet. Your points are so useless.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
Don't even bother. His very first post was clearly a troll post, basically just making assertions without supporting any of them. His further posts continue to be more of the same. He has contributed nothing of value to the conversation. I would be shocked if he did.

Regards,

Sundigo

First post was just my opinion.

Now I read the back pages of the threads and it's nothing but tamers mad that they don't have the best of all worlds with no consequences.

I legitimately think the changes make sense to balance tamers.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
5x dexxer with music and provo gives up nothing. He has resist agaisnt mages has wrestling against dexxers. He has slayer weapons which can do 150-200+ dmg to mobs, that my drag ww combo have no prayer of doing and they swing mad fast. Oh, they can also heal them selves with bandages and don't have to worry about healing a pet. Your points are so useless.

Weapon
Tact
Anat
Heal
Music
Provo
Resist

No wrestle
No magery to gtfo (or heal/gate/etc etc)
No PETS
Has to re-buy all gear if dies

Sorry but my point is correct.

Bigwyrm

Adept
First post was just my opinion.

Now I read the back pages of the threads and it's nothing but tamers mad that they don't have the best of all worlds with no consequences.

I legitimately think the changes make sense to balance tamers.

Ty again for your opinion ..duly noted..you done now ? you didnt really help but ok ..look its not just about tamer this.. tamer that it about us all..and i want a fair balanced system..what effect one will effect us all..and to just say we are all complaining for no reason is not gonna fly
i care about this community before i care about my build or spec ..so only reason i am trying to say things in here iwas just to clear up any misconceptions some person who dosent have a tamer thinks he knows or sits in forums all day and isint out in the field thinks ..

NoXXeD

Grandmaster
Weapon
Tact
Anat
Heal
Music
Provo
Resist

No wrestle
No magery to gtfo (or heal/gate/etc etc)
No PETS
Has to re-buy all gear if dies

Sorry but my point is correct.
Tamer has to buy all gear if he dies, the dexxers do not need magery to recall or "gtfo" Thats what recall scrolls are for in his book. He does have wrestling that's what his weapons skill does. Pets? How about that ultra damage machine of a weapon he is using especially if it is vanq or runic. And don't forget that as a tamer you have to stop and let your pets rest and meditate. A dexxer just keeps swinging with no penalty. Pets also have to be fed for loyalty, constantly healed. Your points are useless.. PLEASE stop being a troll. I have NEVER seen you in field...

Status
Not open for further replies.