Feedback on 1% skill lost with gain speed as player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol butthurt tamers accusing me of being jelly.. im just trying to give you guys the real reason why tamers are being nerfed. In PVM they outclass everything but a bard, to the point that people only make tamers and bards for farming. That gentleman, is the definition of OP.

You know, I wouldn't have said shit if this hadnt been like the 5-6th thread I've seen since the changes. In every thread its a bunch of tamers circle-jerking each other about how unfair it is. The devs thought there was an issue, and have resolved it. Its not going away. They have said they will work with you, but all you guys want is more easy street. 5% per death, up to 10% seems pretty fair on an animal that would be lost if it wasn't bonded..

84brian

Grandmaster
1) I'm fine with the 1.0 pet loss. But tweak resist skill gains alil more. There's no reason we should have 2 negative nerfs. just one or the other is fair.

2)Mana vamp doesn't train pet resist skills. (Tried for an hour)

3) leaving ur pets at champ spawns don't help u gain much kill pts. I don't even kno if that's a thing honestly. If ur not giving ur pets commands the mobs just attack it and don't fight back.

4) tamers don't make that much more in gold. After expense and time put in. It takes 2 days to 7x. Dexxer and now a days all u need is a slayer and u can champ spawn all day and make easy 200k - a few mil off selling power scrolls.

Please no double nerf. As it is dexxers are now overpowered especially at champs. Sometimes getting 3 powersscrolls at a time.

So dexers get 3-4 spots to farm, where they need allies, competing against other groups, a massive risk. While tamers can go to any dungeon in the game and make just as much gold, practically risk free. So really this is about champs spawns. Why not ask for a bigger damage modifier to champs then?

84brian

Grandmaster
1)It's not about champ man. . But just saying that dexxers can make a lot at champs through PS vs a tamer. And Not a lot of people have hours to put in for 1 point of resist At best. And for a dexxer all u need is a slayer. I've seen dexxers kill a Titan with a repond quicker than my dragon. And that's what I mostly farm.

2)Honestly man you can't really give feedback if u don't own a tamer on this shard. It's sorta like if you were say u kno exactly how it's like to give birth. U cant and u don't. And never will.

3)Back on osi when drags were not bonded, there were also no control slots. And it took months to gm a dexxer. I wouldn't mind if they were to put those back. I feel dexxers and skills in general are waaaaaaay to easy to gain. And u kinda lose out on the adventure and accomplishment of getting to a gm. But back to the topic. I think it's fine the way it is but just tweak resist and magery to gain just a tiny bit better. Right now with the double nerf. It's like taking 2 steps forward and then 10 steps back. Never getting ahead.

Thx Shane for actually listening. = ) It's been hard to talk about this with threads getting locked. Almost felt taboo to give feedback/complain w/o getting yelled at.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bigwyrm

Adept
So dexers get 3-4 spots to farm, where they need allies, competing against other groups, a massive risk. While tamers can go to any dungeon in the game and make just as much gold, practically risk free. So really this is about champs spawns. Why not ask for a bigger damage modifier to champs then?

are you really butt hurt that dexers have no farm spots now...this is uo dude been same way for long time now get used to it you not gonna farm as much as a tamer on your dexxer ever no matter what gms do soo...pls go outside and play and let the adults talk now..and keep your silly suggestions to yourself k thanks

halygon

Grandmaster
I'm still confused over what you guys are complaining about. Do you not realize that the 7x pets you have stocked in your stables are now worth a mint?

Yes it's harder to train your pets but what's the problem? Did you become so use to easy mode that you can't live without a small challenge? I mean you guys pride yourselves over the trouble you spent to GM taming but you cannot spend the same effort on a weapon that is going to bet you mils in the future?

I have had this opinion of taming since I started here and this is the first time I have seen the devs take a step forward with the tamer problem.

I applaud them for being bold enough to make a tough decision that they knew would not be well liked by the folks that have become set in their ways on easy farming.

FYI: afk pets at champ spawns are not there for the points.

are you really butt hurt that dexers have no farm spots now...this is uo dude been same way for long time now get used to it you not gonna farm as much as a tamer on your dexxer ever no matter what gms do soo...pls go outside and play and let the adults talk now..and keep your silly suggestions to yourself k thanks
Its not about that. I dont expect to make as much as a tamer. Its about risk v reward. Tamers take little to no RISK. Just massive amounts of TIME. You talk about duel boxing accounts, yet no other class can do that, not effectively at least. Everytime you speak you just prove my point more. Tamers have had it easy forever, you just said so yourself. The devs added risk back into the taming game, and you guys are freaking out about it. In a game based on risk v reward...

When you make a semi-constructive post you can talk about being an adult and butthurt, because right now you look pretty childish and butthurt. Why the fuck even call someone a child in a 15-year-old wizard game anyways?

Why is taming stuff so expensive vs dexxer stuff? Maybe because tamers can/will pay ridiculous amounts to progress their profession? Things are only worth what people are willing to pay. Dexxers simply dont have millions to throw at PS. Nor do dexxers really even get a bonus from PS, because there are no dexxer PS period, so why would they if they could. If tamers didnt make massive amounts of gold, they wouldnt be spending massive amounts for pets, scrolls ,ect. The market just wouldn't allow it.

On another note, the only real reason to go past GM on a tamer is the rare pets. You can get by just fine with dragons and nightmares. Its YOU who chose to spend all that money for a death beetle or whatever.

Bottom line, tamers are expensive because they make lots of gold in the end. There isnt some UO conpiracy to make tamers pay more for things than they are worth..

CVegas

Grandmaster
Nubias, grab a snickers. Make your 156th post in another general direction. You're mad because you hit something with a piece of metal and we don't. The GMs wanted input on this thread, not people trying to flame the ones giving input. Why do you get so "turned on" by this?

Nubias, grab a snickers. Make your 156th post in another general direction. You're mad because you hit something with a piece of metal and we don't. The GMs wanted input on this thread, not people trying to flame the ones giving input. Why do you get so "turned on" by this?
Great input, you should start up a thread in the suggestions and ideas section about it...

Bigwyrm

Adept
Its not about that. I dont expect to make as much as a tamer. Its about risk v reward. Tamers take little to no RISK. Just massive amounts of TIME. You talk about duel boxing accounts, yet no other class can do that, not effectively at least. Everytime you speak you just prove my point more. Tamers have had it easy forever, you just said so yourself. The devs added risk back into the taming game, and you guys are freaking out about it. In a game based on risk v reward...

When you make a semi-constructive post you can talk about being an adult and butthurt, because right now you look pretty childish and butthurt. Why the fuck even call someone a child in a 15-year-old wizard game anyways?

lol do you believe your own garbage because none of us do lol everyone duel boxes at champs now.. all faction dexxers.. no one duel boxes tamers..i was saying that about others...no one called you a child you did that . ..all of your points are invaild and make no sence and i could sit here all day and explain to someone about a class and champ system they obiously have no idea about ...OR us that have a clue can get back to the problem at hand ..that we were all constructive about before you got here to take your trolls else where

Last edited by a moderator:

NoXXeD

Grandmaster
I think the stat loss is bs because when you run a squishy template with no wrestling or resist, and a zerg of pks come in and greif you I don't think your pets should suffer because you died there. There is a lot of time and money put into getting high levels of taming even to gm. I don't ever just let my pets die I do everything I can to keep them alive and recall out before they die because I didn't want to .1 loss. If you want to keep the 1 point loss then thats fine but up the ability to gain skills. Magery and resist are hard as hell to gain right now and not worth the death or two of pets. I don't want to farm with anyone else for fear of them killing me and my pets. Why would I do champs or anything else to see my pets dead and tons of time worth trying to retrain.

84brian

Grandmaster
Yea they do. I been flip flipping betweens 80 to 78. I can't seem to catch a break. Where my pets don't die.

Sundigo

Neophyte
Please guys, can we try to have a productive conversation about this and at least try to identify the actual issues that needed to be addressed?

Making generalizations and un-supported assertions like "tamers are OP" and leaving it at that is *NOT* a constructive comment. Support your claim, explain WHY they are OP. What specifically about the tamer class do you not like? (along with why and how it should be different)

Making comparisons to other shards (OSI or otherwise) and saying "that's how it is over there" is *NOT* a constructive criticism, and just because something is some way on some other shard doesn't by definition "make it right". It actually hurts your argument, because as I understand it UOF is the most popular shard in the world right now. Do you really think they should emulate the rules/behavior of less successful shards? If anything, they should strive to be whatever it is that made them so popular, and avoid like the plague emulating the less successful shards.

So we have some conflicting claims / points of view going on now:

1.) Some say tamers were leaving their pets at Champ Spawns without being there themselves (AFK) to get cheap points with no time spent. Others are replying saying "No way, who ever does that? That would be useless anyways!" So do they or not? Is it really any benefit to them or not? Examples, specifics....

2.) Some are saying that some additional risk for tamers was warranted, like some penalty for your pets dying since as it stood it was not unlike having a blessed weapon that you can never lose. Others counter that the incredible difficulty in getting there compounded by the weakness/squishiness of the character template in general justifies having that.

I've already stated my position on the risk factor, which is to say that some risk is warranted because never being at risk of losing anything vs other classes constantly at risk of losing everything - albeit temporarily - is an imbalance. That being said, "risk" should not mean "loss of all functionality until you spend another week re-leveling up again ... oh and you can get hit again while trying to do that and sink even further, to the point where a fresh tame is now more powerful" - vs another class that can simply go buy another Slayer weapon (assuming they don't already have one in the bank) or go re-stock their regs. There must be a happy medium/balance that can be implemented where a similar risk/recovery model is in place across the classes (tempered/adjusted in relation to the "power" of each class to achieve rewards).

I really wish that Shane would weigh in here again, and specifically tell us what they were observing taking place that they didn't like, and what this was specifically designed to address (something other than a generalization like "it was too easy/OP as it was" - but instead an actual explanation of WHY it was too easy/OP that can easily be compared/contrasted with other classes).

Regards,

Sundigo

NoXXeD

Grandmaster
Please guys, can we try to have a productive conversation about this and at least try to identify the actual issues that needed to be addressed?

Making generalizations and un-supported assertions like "tamers are OP" and leaving it at that is *NOT* a constructive comment. Support your claim, explain WHY they are OP. What specifically about the tamer class do you not like? (along with why and how it should be different)

Making comparisons to other shards (OSI or otherwise) and saying "that's how it is over there" is *NOT* a constructive criticism, and just because something is some way on some other shard doesn't by definition "make it right". It actually hurts your argument, because as I understand it UOF is the most popular shard in the world right now. Do you really think they should emulate the rules/behavior of less successful shards? If anything, they should strive to be whatever it is that made them so popular, and avoid like the plague emulating the less successful shards.

So we have some conflicting claims / points of view going on now:

1.) Some say tamers were leaving their pets at Champ Spawns without being there themselves (AFK) to get cheap points with no time spent. Others are replying saying "No way, who ever does that? That would be useless anyways!" So do they or not? Is it really any benefit to them or not? Examples, specifics....

2.) Some are saying that some additional risk for tamers was warranted, like some penalty for your pets dying since as it stood it was not unlike having a blessed weapon that you can never lose. Others counter that the incredible difficulty in getting there compounded by the weakness/squishiness of the character template in general justifies having that.

I've already stated my position on the risk factor, which is to say that some risk is warranted because never being at risk of losing anything vs other classes constantly at risk of losing everything - albeit temporarily - is an imbalance. That being said, "risk" should not mean "loss of all functionality until you spend another week re-leveling up again ... oh and you can get hit again while trying to do that and sink even further, to the point where a fresh tame is now more powerful" - vs another class that can simply go buy another Slayer weapon (assuming they don't already have one in the bank) or go re-stock their regs. There must be a happy medium/balance that can be implemented where a similar risk/recovery model is in place across the classes (tempered/adjusted in relation to the "power" of each class to achieve rewards).

I really wish that Shane would weigh in here again, and specifically tell us what they were observing taking place that they didn't like, and what this was specifically designed to address (something other than a generalization like "it was too easy/OP as it was" - but instead an actual explanation of WHY it was too easy/OP that can easily be compared/contrasted with other classes).

Regards,

Sundigo

Where your wrong is you can always lose your pets, people can lure them away and into a house or boat at anytime. If people are doing something afk that it not allowed oop 0 skill or something unbond the pets...do something that effects that person and don't hurt those of us that farm and take care of our pets. I NEVER farm outside so I don't lose my pets to boats or houses. I might be losing on some loots that thouse that can swing a weapon can get with no problem and minimal risk. Hell some slayer weapons are more powerful then my pets. Silver weapons can 2 hit a lich with no loss of anything. No mana no stam loss. And they gain so much from that. I have a silver vanq that two hits lichs and I can solo deciet and walk out with 20k+ in a heart beat. I can also defend myself by applying poison to my weapon. My tamer....HAS to recall at the sight of ANYONE because he has no resist and no wrestling. He does not choose to pvp and it is not fair that he should have to have his pets gimped because they get killed by some assholes.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
Glad they haven't changed the 90% floor.

Wish it was still 10% per death.

Tamers were OP getting too rich too fast. This is a good first step to getting them back to a reasonable level.

NoXXeD

Grandmaster
Glad they haven't changed the 90% floor.

Wish it was still 10% per death.

Tamers were OP getting too rich too fast. This is a good first step to getting them back to a reasonable level.
under what basis? what proof do you have that they are op? You can kill most tamers with explo ebolt or murk them so fast with a dexxer

Status
Not open for further replies.