Events in EU rush hours

vagelisv

Grandmaster
First of all, being considered as a veteran of UOF (4+ continuous years), I would like to thank you the Stuff and especially @Shane for all the effort he has put in UOF. The fact alone, that I have never played that long in OSI, shows my enormous respect and gratitude, to what you guys are doing, in creating (for me) the best instance of UO.

I love doing events. I just love it. Nothing is more exciting than hanging around with some friends, over a mug of hot coffee, sharing a PVM cause. Problem is, that we, EU players, seem to miss around 80-90% percent of the events because of the time they are done.

I would love to see some 'likes' from other EU guys, who also feel they miss quite a lot of events.

I know I am not the only one who believes that, as I have discussed it with a lot of friends. If there is a number of players, maybe we could hope for a workaround or solution to this.

Thanks a lot.
Amph

Memphist

Grandmaster
i did asked shane and staff so often if it would be possible to do something for the non american player but i never got any response :(. But i think our community is to small.

SirLothar

Grandmaster
A big bump for this, I know a lot of other EU players or better non US players appreciate the fact that this is a US server and the priority would be to hold events for the majority of US players to attend. For example we found out there was an event and invasion last night. Sunday night, US evening time which pretty much puts everyone else out of the picture.
Could we not have tried to have this event earlier in the afternoon? It would have probably meant all of EU could also take part.

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
I'll show some support for the EU guys!! I just posted this suggestion in Discord..

Create an event scheduler, where you can pre-set the levels of the event, the mobs (with re-skins), the boss, and the loot table. So that you can pre-schedule these events, in order to put them into a calendar, and also so you can run the event 3-4 times throughout the day of the event, so all time zones get a chance to participate. One of my fondest memories of UO, was the very first Hallowe'en event that occured on OSI, undead invading the towns for hours that night. I and many others love when there's an event here, it gives us something to do out of the norm, and helps build fond memories.. Make sure everyone even the EU timezone can enjoy these events. And you do that first by scheduling so people know they are happening, and sticking to that schedule..

Kyain

Master
I think they all need to get spread out a bit more, some earlier, some regular start time like now, some possibly even later.

Every event I've seen pop so far has started past 10pm EST. I would love to see something start around 8pm EST if possible because I'm normally up at 4 or 5 in the morning lol

Dale Winton

Master
There are some excellent comments here and I fully agree. I would love to see some more events that allow European players to participate. We’re all fully aware that you can’t please everyone all of the time. Something as simple as running the exact same event at 2 different times, would be greatly appreciated though. We don’t expect any kind of special dispensation.

The majority of us grew up playing UO and gone are the days of staying up all night to play. We have families now, and wife agro is a very real situation. In my house it’s not uncommon to hear things like “ARE YOU STILL PLAYING THAT STUPID GAME!?”, “WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT CAT NOISE” or “ARE YOU KILLING A PIG!?”

Give us fruity Europeans some love ;)

MUCH LOVE!

cups

Grandmaster
Events are one of my favorite things about this game. Especially longer events that span over the course of several days or a week. Anyway I think we should help our EU brothers out and try to get some events planned for them. +1

I will agree with this aswell. Seems like most of our events are late in the night for the eastern side of the US and very early for a lot our euro players. Having to be apart of a various guild, I understand how hard it is to create guild events for everyone and can’t imagine how difficult it is for the server.
With that being said though, there should be some more effort to spread events better across the board. Of course you will have people complain that they missed one event, but there are MANY that miss just about every event.

De Medici

Grandmaster
I planned to do the same post thx @vagisliv. Why cant there be an event at 4pm est on a saturdayor sunday from time to time. I am playing on this shard for quiete a while now and basically could never go to a single event.

In my personal opinion and also considering the opinion of my guild this is a bit disrespectful tbh. The euro community is pretty big and they basically get completly ignored for years now.