Enhanced Client, let's beat that dead horse good and proper

Salsa

Grandmaster
Sallos is far from stable also unfortunately... Solo Sallos PvPing end result = 50/50 getting statted by players vs statted by client crash.

I think we'd run into the issue though that the people that are responsible for making Sallos more stable are probably also the right minds for the EC compatibility project. Working on one would rob the polishing of the other... I just want A client (sallos or EC) that doesn't make my eyes feel like i'm having a seizure whenever i'm moving (Razor/UOS).

+1 for looking into the EC though if it doesn't take away from making Sallos more stable.

I also think it would be a great advertising point for the shard that you have the ability as a player to choose between playing old school (razor/UOS), semi modern (sallos) and modern (EC).

I've had sallos crash maybe 2 or 3 times in a year+... You must be doing something wrong.

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
We actually have this already working on UOF we just haven't enabled it yet.
We can if people want it.

Also to op: expansion hasn't been launched yet at all.

U-Haul

Master
i took this SS 3 years ago when i fiddled with it and was able to connect for about 20 or so seconds before getting auto kicked. looks gross

DNCJjpA.jpg

lollo

Grandmaster
I say the same thing about Sallos. they are both garbage. There is only one reason anyone uses sallos, and anyone who denies is is full of shit.

Sallos is very similar when it comes to graphics But it's a lot smoother. Even if they removed off screen targetting i'd still use sallos over steam/razor

Shit i use it to farm on my tamer lol

Elizabeth Gold

Grandmaster
We have talked about it and there is some very light support out there for it on runuo shards, however it isn't something that is super stable. It would be a nice alternative to some folks though. Also keep in mind that Razor and UOSteam do not work with it.
You convinced me, lets go EC! Byebye cheatmode tools :p

clutchxo

Grandmaster
I still have the free disc they gave out to subscribers. I thought it was pretty bad tbh.
what!?!@? I loved it, of course everyone's entitled to a different perspective.
I thought it was a great change at the time to game play. So many small things in that client that weren't appreciated more. If they got it working I would use it 100%.

what!?!@? I loved it, of course everyone's entitled to a different perspective.
I thought it was a great change at the time to game play. So many small things in that client that weren't appreciated more. If they got it working I would use it 100%.
To be fair, we all thought at the time that they were giving us UO2, but it ended up to be the UO Client with 3d characters, 2d World, & Colored shadows.

clutchxo

Grandmaster
To be fair, we all thought at the time that they were giving us UO2, but it ended up to be the UO Client with 3d characters, 2d World, & Colored shadows.
Oh man, I loved the paperdoll, lifebars would stay on screen even after they were well 3-4 screens away. Only way they dropped is if you killed the mob/player. macros were faster and smoother. I think they updated the cache within the client because things seemed way faster.

Oh man, I loved the paperdoll, lifebars would stay on screen even after they were well 3-4 screens away. Only way they dropped is if you killed the mob/player. macros were faster and smoother. I think they updated the cache within the client because things seemed way faster.
I'll have to find the disc, but I remember it was a cheap disc with a printed stick-on label. It was UO:3D I believe.