Disarm & Stealing

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
So I am unable to steal the disarmed weapon unless I have there pack open .. I use UO Steam and have a macro set up to steal last target. why does there pack need to be open I thought it was not necessary to snoop the pack if you have set last target .. any advice. Apparently Ive heard if you use razor you can steal the disarmed weapon with out having pack open ,,, how would you do this in steam ???

In razor you have to uncheck 'range check target' under options. Might be something similar in steam.

amonseti

Grandmaster
In razor you have to uncheck 'range check target' under options. Might be something similar in steam.
I think i found it in Steam but it was already unchecked .. tried it as is unchecked and then tried it checked .. both still require i have the targets pack open.. :(

I run:

Mage
Hide
Armslore
Wrestle
Snoop
Steal
Stealth 80

Stealth up to dexxer or Provo-dexxer while they are occupied. Snoop to make sure there's nothing better to steal first, set last target, set disarm, attack, ready steal, disarm hits, hit steal last target (make sure range check last target is set to off in razor), dip around a corner to break LOS and hide/stealth away.

Always good to watch and see if spawn kills them also.

A lot of shit can go wrong but when it goes right it works.

Khaldun is a fun place.

Edit: two real downsides: 1. Lots of vanqs on the server so not a ton of income potential 2. Hey awesome wtf am I gonna do with 2000 vanq weapons?

I have this temp but I have 40 med on mine, works great.

amonseti

Grandmaster
So I am unable to steal the disarmed weapon unless I have there pack open .. I use UO Steam and have a macro set up to steal last target. why does there pack need to be open I thought it was not necessary to snoop the pack if you have set last target .. any advice. Apparently Ive heard if you use razor you can steal the disarmed weapon with out having pack open ,,, how would you do this in steam ???
Anyone know how to make this work in steam ??

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
Anyone know how to make this work in steam ??
Do you open their paper doll to target the weapon you are going to disarm?

Since paper dolls stay open while they are on the screen, I'd try:

macro 1
setalias 'my precious'

macro 2
useskill 'stealing'
pause 8000
@Target 'my precious'
msg 'Your precious is now My precious!!'
useskill 'hiding'

amonseti

Grandmaster
Do you open their paper doll to target the weapon you are going to disarm?

Since paper dolls stay open while they are on the screen, I'd try:

macro 1
setalias 'my precious'

macro 2
useskill 'stealing'
pause 8000
@Target 'my precious'
msg 'Your precious is now My precious!!'
useskill 'hiding'

lol "'Your precious is now My precious!!'" HA! HA! awsome !!

I do have there paper doll open just there pack usually gets closed as they move away after i hit them with disarm ..
Your suggestion tho might solve it as I have been using last target instead of setting it as an alias , great idea and something I will try

Thanks a tone m8

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
Report back if it works properly.
I think the reason 'last target' wasn't working was because technically your last target was the person you were disarming and not their weapon. Might work if you had already engaged them in combat before setting the weapon as 'last target' then activating the disarm (unless that has its own targeting cursor), then doing the steal 'last target'. Lots of room for error with that, simply double-clicking something else ruins the 'last target'

Tantreghan

Grandmaster
Report back if it works properly.
I think the reason 'last target' wasn't working was because technically your last target was the person you were disarming and not their weapon. Might work if you had already engaged them in combat before setting the weapon as 'last target' then activating the disarm (unless that has its own targeting cursor), then doing the steal 'last target'. Lots of room for error with that, simply double-clicking something else ruins the 'last target'

This is the exact problem I am having right now, and I'm not to sure how to fix it. I want to be able to set the the target in their hand I want to steal before I attack them but I don't know how. Right now I just end up stealing pots or aids etc after I disarm them because they become last target not the Wep anymore