Disarm & Stealing

halygon

Grandmaster
You won't be able to make a macro using an item type, Razor will have no idea where to find the item. You can make a razor macro using the actual items ID, but it sounds like a lot of setup work. You can target the weapon while it is equipped and the just wait for him to disarm for one reason or another. Snooping helps but is not required and could easily be substituted, although I enjoy the bump and run.
This is correct for razor but incorrect in general. Uosteam allows you to automatically target an item, however it may be more of a headache than it's worth. Most ppl just target the item in their enemy's hands by opening the paper doll (double click enemy) and then use their newbie dagger (use type) and use that target cursor to set the last target. Alternatively(and smarter), you can just set a hotkey to "set last target" and target the item in their hand.

Stormy

Expert
Nah man i macroed it. 1 stone for every ten points up to 10 stones. I just put the right number of bottles i a bag on the floor in my house. Or in a chest i think and macroed it while i was working. Never had a thief before and man im having a blast with mine. If u want man add me on skype and we can tear it up
whats your skype?

Dellan

Grandmaster
If only you knew about certain disarm template that I know... hehe..

Just like Lord_VS has, but resist too.

Dellan

Grandmaster
Well, it's standard 5x mage + arms lore and stealing. Good enough fighter for skirmishes with anyone, flagging through stealing (which is my favourite action, causing trouble), and anti-dex machine.

Stormy

Expert
Well, it's standard 5x mage + arms lore and stealing. Good enough fighter for skirmishes with anyone, flagging through stealing (which is my favourite action, causing trouble), and anti-dex machine.
Are you saying that you are able to target the opponent's weapon ( in their hand ) and hit your steal last target macro, after disarming, because you were able to flag on your opponent by stealing?

HairyBush

Apprentice
The person you are trying to steal from doesn't need to be in war mode. Let's start from square one.

Okay, so you see a weapon you want to steal, but another person is wielding it.
What you would do is open their paperdoll, and attempt to steal the weapon WHILE they have it in their hands. This will make you go gray to your opponent, in which (hopefully) results in him flagging you. If he does, then step one is done with.

Then what you would do is set the weapon in their hand as "last target"-- but at this point, make sure that you are attacking them, because in order to disarm the weapon, you need to be able to punch them.

Okay, so you have their weapon set as last target, and you are attacking them. Toggle your disarm skill, which should already be set as a hotkey, and run up to them. When you start running towards them, toggle your STEAL hotkey. Leave the stealing cursor up.

If you see that your disarm is successful, you press your last target hotkey, because you already had the "stealing" skill ready.

Hopefully this results in you running away with their weapon. I tried to be as clear as possible, but that is not my strong suit.

Best Regards,
Your Local Thief,
Your Local Troll,
Your Local Time-Waster,
Your Local how-to-keep-an-idiot-reading ringmaster,
Hairy Bush. Also known as President Bush.

Bush for president 14'.

HairyBush

Apprentice
P.S Dellan is a *****. Most likely bullied in school. Don't listen to him.

Best Regards,
Your Local Thief,
Your Local Troll,
Your Local Time-Waster,
Bush for president 14'.

Stormy

Expert
The person you are trying to steal from doesn't need to be in war mode. Let's start from square one.

Okay, so you see a weapon you want to steal, but another person is wielding it.
What you would do is open their paperdoll, and attempt to steal the weapon WHILE they have it in their hands. This will make you go gray to your opponent, in which (hopefully) results in him flagging you. If he does, then step one is done with.

Then what you would do is set the weapon in their hand as "last target"-- but at this point, make sure that you are attacking them, because in order to disarm the weapon, you need to be able to punch them.

Okay, so you have their weapon set as last target, and you are attacking them. Toggle your disarm skill, which should already be set as a hotkey, and run up to them. When you start running towards them, toggle your STEAL hotkey. Leave the stealing cursor up.

If you see that your disarm is successful, you press your last target hotkey, because you already had the "stealing" skill ready.

Hopefully this results in you running away with their weapon. I tried to be as clear as possible, but that is not my strong suit.

Best Regards,
Your Local Thief,
Your Local Troll,
Your Local Time-Waster,

Bush for president 14'.
Once you "attempt to steal the weapon WHILE they have it in their hands" wouldn't that already set the weapon to last target?

Dellan

Grandmaster
Hairy, just because you got scolded for using Irc for scams doesn't mean I'm *****, baby. Every pro thief leaves both forums and irc alone when it comes to steals. For the question - you can flag by random stealing. And if you have snooping, you can flag from blessed items, like runebooks, without risking your ass from gwhack in towns - basic of thug's work. Since you don't have snooping on my template, you're either risking much in towns, or not operating in towns at all, I do not. Thing is, his weapon is visible on paperdoll, thus you don't need snoop to set it as last target. Also, don't attack your victim unless he attacks you first. If he does (and many will), go for it. It's not much of a thief template, more of anti-dex mage build.

kyleakira

Master
So, whats the difference between 80 Stealth and 100 Stealth? Do you have a chance to become visible at 80 Stealth when stepping forward? Do you never get visible at GM stealth?

amonseti

Grandmaster
So I am unable to steal the disarmed weapon unless I have there pack open .. I use UO Steam and have a macro set up to steal last target. why does there pack need to be open I thought it was not necessary to snoop the pack if you have set last target .. any advice. Apparently Ive heard if you use razor you can steal the disarmed weapon with out having pack open ,,, how would you do this in steam ???