Disarm & Stealing

Can I just disarm a player and steal that weapon? What obstacles are in my thinking? What is there to know? Is there a long delay between disarm & using stealing skill?

Gesendet von meinem Nokia 6610 mit Tapatalk

Kraden

Grandmaster
From what ive seen its epic. Two things u should note are 1-make sure the weapon is 10 stones or less. So u can steal hallys and some others. 2-u have to sucker them into attack u forst. If you just run up and punch them to disarm and steal their wep they can go out and die and report u for murder and ull get kicked out of theives guild

BillyZane

Neophyte
Oh snap. This is some cray cray shiznit! How annoying would it be to trottin along and then BAM! Disarmed and weapon stolen.

Do i need snooping? Im planning
Mage
Med
Eval
Resisting
Arms lore
Wrestling
Stealing

Would that work or am i planning it wrong?

halygon

Grandmaster
Do i need snooping? Im planning
Mage
Med
Eval
Resisting
Arms lore
Wrestling
Stealing

Would that work or am i planning it wrong?

So here's the deal. If you are only wanting to steal disarmed weapons, then no, snooping is not required as you target the weapon while it is in their hands(prior to disarm). That said, if you plan on actually being a thief and stealing items from a players backpack, snooping is required. Most people choose snooping over eval int.

Also, if you get a murder count, you are NOT kicked from the thieves guild. You ARE suspended from stealing from players till you wear off the murder count.

I assume disarm is same as stun when it comes to the chance of success?

Thx for all the inputs. Ill try that template and see how it goes. Maybe its a blast and a nice counter to red attackers.

Dwyane Wade

Grandmaster
You would do exactly what was mentioned above. See someone with a nice weapon you want, target it, toggle on disarm, attack person and hit him, steal last target. Pretty simple, all you gotta worry about is if you succeeded on the disarm attempt. Shouldn't be too worried about people counting you.

Good times :)

Lol nice. So ill tempt them into attacking me then. Np by that vast amount of reds.

Is it possible to make macros with target types or only possible with targets i see that very moment? ( eg regs types, etc)

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
I run:

Mage
Hide
Armslore
Wrestle
Snoop
Steal
Stealth 80

Stealth up to dexxer or Provo-dexxer while they are occupied. Snoop to make sure there's nothing better to steal first, set last target, set disarm, attack, ready steal, disarm hits, hit steal last target (make sure range check last target is set to off in razor), dip around a corner to break LOS and hide/stealth away.

Always good to watch and see if spawn kills them also.

A lot of shit can go wrong but when it goes right it works.

Khaldun is a fun place.

Edit: two real downsides: 1. Lots of vanqs on the server so not a ton of income potential 2. Hey awesome wtf am I gonna do with 2000 vanq weapons?

Dwyane Wade

Grandmaster
I run:

Mage
Hide
Armslore
Wrestle
Snoop
Steal
Stealth 80

Stealth up to dexxer or Provo-dexxer while they are occupied. Snoop to make sure there's nothing better to steal first, set last target, set disarm, attack, ready steal, disarm hits, hit steal last target (make sure range check last target is set to off in razor), dip around a corner to break LOS and hide/stealth away.

Always good to watch and see if spawn kills them also.

A lot of shit can go wrong but when it goes right it works.

Khaldun is a fun place.

thisssss

Thats a kick ass template. I would like to fight back tho. If mine isnt working ill upgrade to urs. Ur template is def a lot more versatile regarding stealing.

Lord_VS

Apprentice
I had a fun disarm mage on OSI, but I don't believe there are enough dexers on this shard to warrant creating the character. My tactic was to steal band aids and potions from the player until they attacked. At that point I was ready and instantly disarmed and stole their weapon. Snooping helps size up your opponent and give you insight as to if they have a backup weapon. Once you have stolen their all of their weapons, its easy pickings for the kill.

This was my OSI template:

Wrestling
Armslore
Magery
Med
Eval
Stealing
Snooping

It is a 100% anti-dexer char, messing with mages wasn't the goal of this character.

Can i steal stuff by type without snooping first? Eg target type bandages, potions, regs

Also is there a quick way to target last the weapon? Opening their paperdoll and targeting the weapon will take a little while with all my clumsyness.

Kraden

Grandmaster
Not sure how it works but u can steal last target so thts why u target it in paper doll butt im totally not sure. Never done it man. Lemme know how it goes though. Stealing by type could be nice

Kraden

Grandmaster
Nah man i macroed it. 1 stone for every ten points up to 10 stones. I just put the right number of bottles i a bag on the floor in my house. Or in a chest i think and macroed it while i was working. Never had a thief before and man im having a blast with mine. If u want man add me on skype and we can tear it up

Lord_VS

Apprentice
You won't be able to make a macro using an item type, Razor will have no idea where to find the item. You can make a razor macro using the actual items ID, but it sounds like a lot of setup work. You can target the weapon while it is equipped and the just wait for him to disarm for one reason or another. Snooping helps but is not required and could easily be substituted, although I enjoy the bump and run.