Dexxer, can't hit anything!

Army11b

Expert
6 misses in a row, on a skeleton! Seriously? So I grab a supremely accurate bow and go to kill dragons, first shot I hit, then the next 5 are misses, 2 hits then 7 misses...... This happens with any dexing skill I use, no matter which bow/weapon or how accurate the bonus is. I eat until full but not stuffed. gm everything. Is THIS why 99% of people are mages? FIX IT!!

tankian

Grandmaster
is this on your meta dexxer or or normal dexxer.
if you do the meta dexxer quest. you not only get a good damage to mobs increase but if you pick up the arms lore skill, you also get a 40% hit chance increase

Army11b

Expert
I looked it up, the character in question is my archer/bard.. So it has greater than 50 music, which says it wont work with it. :(

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
Tactics has nothing to do with hit-chance; only damage.

Only the weapon skill itself (with the exception of a bardic skill) has anything to do with hit-chance, unless you're a meta-dexxer.

Discordance can effectively raise your hit-chance by lowering the targets skill making you more likely to land hits; it also raises your defense chance making them less likely to hit you.

It's not a popular skill (and there are no power-scrolls of, 'Discordance' :( ) but it is an option.

a lesson in probability: they don't call it 1/1 odds. it's called 50/50 odds for a reason. count 100 swings, how many were hits?

halygon

Grandmaster
6 misses in a row, on a skeleton! Seriously? So I grab a supremely accurate bow and go to kill dragons, first shot I hit, then the next 5 are misses, 2 hits then 7 misses...... This happens with any dexing skill I use, no matter which bow/weapon or how accurate the bonus is. I eat until full but not stuffed. gm everything. Is THIS why 99% of people are mages? FIX IT!!
Any Melee skill at GM will have a 50% chance to hit another player or mob with the same skill level. For Players this is pretty constant, for mobs, it varies greatly.

Mobs (even lower end ones) can have more than 100wrestling, which equates to their weapon skill. This means your chance to hit them is even lower than vs a player. In addition to this, since it is a chance the rolls are not always in your favor.

You can do a couple of things to improve them though:
  • If using archery, use a bow with accuracy modifier - this will increase your weapon skill and give you a higher hit rate (Note: other melee skills do not get this as accuracy modifiers only increase tactics for them)
  • Get a Melee talisman & Arms lore, as said above, it gives a 40% boost to your hit rate
  • Use discordance - This will drop a mob's skill by 20% at GM discord, which gives you a higher hit rate while it is applied to the mob.

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
Any Melee skill at GM will have a 50% chance to hit another player or mob with the same skill level. For Players this is pretty constant, for mobs, it varies greatly.

Mobs (even lower end ones) can have more than 100wrestling, which equates to their weapon skill. This means your chance to hit them is even lower than vs a player. In addition to this, since it is a chance the rolls are not always in your favor.

You can do a couple of things to improve them though:
  • If using archery, use a bow with accuracy modifier - this will increase your weapon skill and give you a higher hit rate (Note: other melee skills do not get this as accuracy modifiers only increase tactics for them)
  • Get a Melee talisman & Arms lore, as said above, it gives a 40% boost to your hit rate
  • Use discordance - This will drop a mob's skill by 20% at GM discord, which gives you a higher hit rate while it is applied to the mob.

@halygon why are there no PS of 'Discordance'?

Y U DO DIS!?

Yoko Kurama

Master
is this on your meta dexxer or or normal dexxer.
if you do the meta dexxer quest. you not only get a good damage to mobs increase but if you pick up the arms lore skill, you also get a 40% hit chance increase
Soo very helpful, except ARMS LORE DOESN'T WORK ON ARCHERY.