CHEAPER BUTLERS PLEASE!! READ INSIDE IF YOU AGREE!!! SUPPORT THIS THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

girana

Grandmaster
We are debating putting in a cheaper butler "trainee". He will have the same functionality but will hold less items.

so just less stock ? thats like a slap into face of everyone who got that 25k one because if he holds 5k each or 100 each makes no diffrent as i can restock my butler as fast i can restock myself

R E D

Master
You sound like a sheltered idiot.

You do realize that there are people out there that make a lot of money. While $200 may be a large investment into a video game to you or to me it may be the equivalent to purchasing a cup of coffee to someone else.

Also consider the people that only play this game as their form of entertainment. Instead of going to the movies every weekend and out to dinner they put that money towards their preferred form of entertainment, UO:F.

It's all relative.

And frankly no one gives a flying fuck what you condone or condemn.

signature field is blank

Leave it to you to resort to ignorance and harsh words. Rofl.... WHY SO SERIOUS?!?!

Malkraven

Grandmaster
the truth comes out, now we see why youre so concerned with my post lol
to be honest i dont even have one yet cos i had feeling something like this was gonna happen im just putting it out there people have paid alot for these.

Staff

Young Player Help
so just less stock ? thats like a slap into face of everyone who got that 25k one because if he holds 5k each or 100 each makes no diffrent as i can restock my butler as fast i can restock myself

They would hold significantly less stock. Nothing has been decided on anyways, we just talked about it. You can act all dramatic if you want though, I won't stop you/.

Smokey McCallum

Grandmaster
I think the debate about this has became a lot more heated than it needed to be. We are all adults (I assume) so we should all be capable of voicing opinions and concerns without it ending in a slanging match. R E D you could handle yourself better. You lose weight in your argument if you act irate even if your have valid points. I could understand people being pissed off if the price is reduced, I would be if I'd bought one already. A cheaper version would be a good compromise and allow more people to have access and enjoy it. At the end of the day though, it wouldnt kill me not to have one and Ill still play regardless.

amonseti

Grandmaster
They would hold significantly less stock. Nothing has been decided on anyways, we just talked about it. You can act all dramatic if you want though, I won't stop you/.
I did have an idea that seemed to get removed but it was something along the lines of cheeper lesser butlers that are more specific.
IE a Butler (Herbalist) that only stocks and reloads Regent items
or
a Butler (Alchamist) that only stocks and Reloads Alchemy items "pots" etc
or
a Butler (Squire) this butler only stocks and reloads weapons (of any kind) , and band aids
Etc .. Etc
These butlers would be cheaper to buy Say 5k dono each and perhaps would also have the additional per use gold sink fee

Making the current butler still the BEST option for the premium price. as it can stock everything and has no per use gold sink fee.
and collecting each of the lesser butlers would wind up costing more then just 1 major butler.

girana

Grandmaster

its not going dramatic its just my opinion. The only real diffrent between able to store 5k or 100 each on the butler are 3 lines in a macro and some worthless storage.

Staff

Young Player Help
its not going dramatic its just my opinion. The only real diffrent between able to store 5k or 100 each on the butler are 3 lines in a macro and some worthless storage.

If we do go the route of a cheaper butler, I am sure we would be willing to offer some sort of compensation.

Wizx13

Grandmaster
Im proud of you spending all of your free time playing UO. Unfortunately this IS video game as malkraven put it... and I cant condone spending 200 bucks to get a video game pixel, KUDOS to you though sir, spend your hard earned 60hr/wk money on pixels. you have commanded and conquered

Apparently you cant read, I buy dono coins with gold :)

Dispater

Neophyte
You sound like a sheltered idiot.

You do realize that there are people out there that make a lot of money. While $200 may be a large investment into a video game to you or to me it may be the equivalent to purchasing a cup of coffee to someone else.

Also consider the people that only play this game as their form of entertainment. Instead of going to the movies every weekend and out to dinner they put that money towards their preferred form of entertainment, UO:F.

It's all relative.

signature field is blank

Take your own advice, and I don't just mean in UOF...

Experience

Grandmaster
Instead of ranting and explaining the reasoning behind my opinion, I will simply keep my opinion to myself if any precious donations are involved....

sam sam

Master
to be honest...i agree with this, hate to say it, i want a refund if the price or quality of butler is changed lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
"Seriously, at this point in our server life-span, i don't understand how you (few) people can question our additions. If we didn't know what the hell we were doing we wouldn't be here today straight up. We aren't idiots, and we wouldn't add things that would kill us obviously."

Wow, could you be more delusional? You are here because UO is an amazing game, not anything you have done. You guys are completely clueless and do more harm than good with most of these changes. So you are straight up wrong...

Again, why are you not grateful to the people that make the server possible, the players? Why just insult them? What use do you even have for the server? Adam does the programming, what does Shane do other than troll the servers, insult players, go on power trips and threaten/ban people, and live his life (without a job) being supported by the players that he is here insulting. Wow, what an entitled ass.

Server lifespan? Most people come, play a month or two, and you drive them away. This server could be so damn amazing if you folks were more competent.

This is the gayest shit. Leave your lame conjecture about what people do or don't do out of it. Shane and his team have struck a great balance in UOF and saying they are incompetent makes you sound like a real ass.

@Adam keep the butler the way it is. You meant for it to be a high end item, keep it that way. If people want to restock cheaper they can make a macro.

It honestly seems like the more people crying about something, the better the devs are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.