CHEAPER BUTLERS PLEASE!! READ INSIDE IF YOU AGREE!!! SUPPORT THIS THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bromista

Grandmaster
I'm in the middle of redoing my restock house, and for now I'm not going to change my plans. But it is clearly pretty advantageous to have a butler. Restocking ain't hard but butlers are sick. It's a really cool addition, honestly.

R E D

Master
i pvp 90% of time im on uo.

Lets break it down 10 secs 2 pick up a loot bag and put armor on? how many secs to press the restock button on a butler? explain the advantage please?

Rofl, I wanna see what 90% pvp looks like, lets 1 v 1, you n me... it should be an enjoyable experience? yay or nay?

Also, if it isn't about pvp advancement, its simple utility value that is the main reason Shane said he made it. He said ppl would be less likely to "hit the x" if they had a butler to restock. If this is the case, I don't think the 24/7 players of UO are going to hit the x. It's the people who CANT and will NEVER be able to afford one that will be more likely to hit the x and say fuck it. But those people don't flood the shard with donations, so their wishes are of no concern. Its the dedicated 15hr/day players who can both afford it and donate. Simply put, no matter what use you make of the butler, its a utility item, not a bone mask or 50k dono wizard hat. It has use and a purpose that makes people more likely to play UO more often, BECAUSE LETS FACE IT, restocking (yes, even with an organizer) is a pain in the ass and of the most outdated parts of an outdated game. All I am saying. I cant understand why you don't see the merit in this argument.

BUT SERIOUSLY, 1 V 1 MALKRAVEN? I gotta see these l33t 90% pvp hax

Last edited by a moderator:

Malkraven

Grandmaster
Rofl, I wanna see what 90% pvp looks like, lets 1 v 1, you n me... it should be an enjoyable experience? yay or nay?

Also, if it isn't about pvp advancement, its simple utility value that is the main reason Shane said he made it. He said ppl would be less likely to "hit the x" if they had a butler to restock. If this is the case, I don't think the 24/7 players of UO are going to hit the x. It's the people who CANT and will NEVER be able to afford one that will be more likely to hit the x and say fuck it. But those people don't flood the shard with donations, so their wishes are of no concern. Its the dedicated 15hr/day players who can both afford it and donate. Simply put, no matter what use you make of the butler, its a utility item, not a bone mask or 50k dono wizard hat. It has use and a purpose that makes people more likely to play UO more often, BECAUSE LETS FACE IT, restocking (yes, even with an organizer) is a pain in the ass and of the most outdated parts of an outdated game. All I am saying. I cant understand why you don't see the merit in this argument.

BUT SERIOUSLY, 1 V 1 MALKRAVEN? I gotta see these l33t 90% pvp hax

i never said i was good or bad ( what does this have to do with butlers?) but i do pvp and i still dont see how it is that big of an advantage evreyone has loot bags dont they?

R E D

Master
i never said i was good or bad ( what does this have to do with butlers?) but i do pvp and i still dont see how it is that big of an advantage evreyone has loot bags dont they?

So you are bad, you decline, and your idea of pvp consists of 35 of each reg, and 5 of each pot, armor optional, that way when you die its irrelevant. And yes, its a WHEN you die, not IF.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
lol w/e you say ill fight you i know im not as good as you but im still down.

i still dont see how good someone is is relevant to this discussion. Kinda sound like babehoven or AEM

Starnite

Master
i pvp 90% of time im on uo.

Lets break it down 10 secs 2 pick up a loot bag and put armor on? how many secs to press the restock button on a butler? explain the advantage please?
I totally agree here with you. It all comes down to house space.

R E D

Master
lol w/e you say ill fight you i know im not as good as you but im still down but i still dont see how good someone is is relevent to this discussion.

Its just the fact that I know you have very little to add to actual pvp. PvP does not consist of you running around outside the brit bridge trying to kill reds and donating your gear to them. Have you ever factioned? Do you have a concept of organized pvp with large based group fighting? I just don't think you do, but you discount the value of an item for said purpose with no real experience or understanding of what it takes to be top tier in said name field. That's all, its not personal, its just business.

Wizx13

Grandmaster
wreckognize, half the people who play UO play 15 hours a day and spend 10 of those hours farming... for ppl with better things to do, this is not feasible... so its great that 25% of the shard can afford it easily, but they are also unemployed and gain the majority of their self worth and pride from a video game, *sigh* BUT , having said this, to defend your stance, I agree that it needs to be micromanaged, BUT needs to have a level playing field, so I think either everyone should be able to get one, or nobody should be able to get one... not just the rich people who play constantly

What are you bitching about? You dont have to pay any cash to get a butler. Dono coins are sold day in and day out everywhere in UO. I WORK 60 hrs a week and I can farm enough in my free time to run a well stocked vendor mall and buy dono coins with UO gold. If Dono coins couldn't be bought with in game gold from other players then maybe you would have a argument.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
im in factions have been for months i faction back on sp back in the days. 90% of my toons are red i never pvp at brit bridge on blues unless its factions. Only just switched to SL thou

ive recently been playing with KAZ and the euros or CLONE im not saying im great or i OWN or im a are great pvper but i pvp daily and win as much as i lose pvp end of story....

i never said anything about being professional pvp its a fucking game and it has nothing to do with butlers...

I have fun that all that counts. Now if u think killing me proves anything im always down to fight even if i die

R E D

Master
im in factions have been for months i faction back on sp back in the days. 90% of my toons are red i never pvp at brit bridge on blues unless its factions. Only just switched to SL thou

ive recently been playing with KAZ and the euros or CLONE im not saying im great or i OWN or im a are great pvper but i pvp daily and win as much as i lose pvp end of story....

i never said anything about being professional pvp its a fucking game and it has nothing to do with butlers...

I have fun that all that counts. Now if u think killing me proves anything im always down to fight even if i die

who are your faction chars?

Malkraven

Grandmaster
Vicotria essex, pipin lupin, Pholiotina, Inocybe, as i said 5 times now im no super pvper and never claimed to be all i said was i do pvp (well or badly lol) and i dont see how this is is a major advantage in pvp.

R E D

Master
What are you bitching about? You dont have to pay any cash to get a butler. Dono coins are sold day in and day out everywhere in UO. I WORK 60 hrs a week and I can farm enough in my free time to run a well stocked vendor mall and buy dono coins with UO gold. If Dono coins couldn't be bought with in game gold from other players then maybe you would have a argument.

Im proud of you spending all of your free time playing UO. Unfortunately this IS video game as malkraven put it... and I cant condone spending 200 bucks to get a video game pixel, KUDOS to you though sir, spend your hard earned 60hr/wk money on pixels. you have commanded and conquered

R E D

Master
Dam u never heard of me? now im hurt.......

like I said, not a personal attack, so don't be hurt. I only speak what I see. I have never seen you before, I know your char malkraven, that's about it. Its just peculiar that you pvp 90% of your time (good or bad) and I literally have never seen any of your factioners.

Shini

Master

How about you just adds stackable potions already ! ... it make restocking so much faster
and fighting outnumbered would actually start to make sense instead of always
running out of supplies mid fight and people would be less likely to ''hit the x'' due to quick restock.

But then again , i don't think the butlers would sell as much.

Last edited by a moderator:

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
Im proud of you spending all of your free time playing UO. Unfortunately this IS video game as malkraven put it... and I cant condone spending 200 bucks to get a video game pixel, KUDOS to you though sir, spend your hard earned 60hr/wk money on pixels. you have commanded and conquered
You sound like a sheltered idiot.

You do realize that there are people out there that make a lot of money. While $200 may be a large investment into a video game to you or to me it may be the equivalent to purchasing a cup of coffee to someone else.

Also consider the people that only play this game as their form of entertainment. Instead of going to the movies every weekend and out to dinner they put that money towards their preferred form of entertainment, UO:F.

It's all relative.

And frankly no one gives a flying fuck what you condone or condemn.

signature field is blank

Staff

Young Player Help
We are debating putting in a cheaper butler "trainee". He will have the same functionality but will hold less items.

Status
Not open for further replies.