Chased Thief Who Insta-Logged

Kraden

Grandmaster
So yeah I was chasing this thief around who stole my crap by a rune library. Had him tracked and was just following him hitting him with my spear. Not only did I think he pulled off some AMAZING Hide that I would have NEVER gotten away with on my thief, like o I am two squares away, boom hidden. Anyway the real question I had was can you Insta-Log on this server. I dont think he was at his house and he did it in two different spots, so either he had both his houses in the same area bye the rune library, or there is insta-log on this server or dudes cheating some how. Now the reason I say this is because he actually wasnt on any square of the house plots, he was next to a house and then hed be logged. I know that cause Id be hittin him with my spear on second and hed be standing completely still and then be gone, no teleport, no hiding, no nothing, just gone, so im assuming he logged, not in a house, but yet instantly? Is this possible

Belge

Grandmaster
stealth.. im guessing.. some thief's are great at escapes :) he prob just hide and stealthed away

Kraden

Grandmaster
No for one u cant hide right next to someone u have to be six tiles away. Maybe even 8 or u cant hide. For two if you are tracking someone it doesnt matter if they hide the arrow is still there showing his position. He didnt just hide and stealth away

No for one u cant hide right next to someone u have to be six tiles away. Maybe even 8 or u cant hide. For two if you are tracking someone it doesnt matter if they hide the arrow is still there showing his position. He didnt just hide and stealth away

Maybe you just need to get better and learn the mechanics. I know I love to fuck with people like you on my thief. You're an easy target. You're like that dude in a COD lobby calling everyone a hacker.

Kraden

Grandmaster
No actually i know the mechanics. Not calling anyone a hacker. If u have no positive input stfu and gtfo. You are like the kids in CoD that talk a bunch of shit to troll and then their mom tells them its bed time. U apparently need to learn the mechanics before u go running your mouth like a pre pubescent little child.

halygon

Grandmaster
Maybe you just need to get better and learn the mechanics. I know I love to fuck with people like you on my thief. You're an easy target. You're like that dude in a COD lobby calling everyone a hacker.
I think this should be translated to say is:

You are wrong because it's typically not about the distance away, it's the line of sight. Break the line of sight and you can hide with no troubles. Run around an object and los is broke so you can hide and stealth away.

Oh yeah and you are a noob for not knowing that.

No actually i know the mechanics. Not calling anyone a hacker. If u have no positive input stfu and gtfo. You are like the kids in CoD that talk a bunch of shit to troll and then their mom tells them its bed time. U apparently need to learn the mechanics before u go running your mouth like a pre pubescent little child.

Well YOU call it trolling, it's actually me just being bluntly truthful. I can't help it you're a sensitive *.

Kraden

Grandmaster
Who the hell said i didnt know that you child. Wow kids are annoying. Here let me break this down for you in * language.

Thief steals, hides, i use Tracking, not sure if you know what that is but you can select humans, select his name and BAM a big black arrow pops up over their head wether they are hidden or not. So now i am chasing said thief casting reveal and hitting him with my spear. Opp look at that he got around a corner or far enough away and hid again O but guees what the tracking arrow is still there the whole time pointing to where he is at. Now lets fast forward to the moment in question i get a reveal off and he basically gives up and is standing COMPLETELY STILL. No longer MOVING AT ALL And i am standing still just hittin him. Wondering why he gave up because he was doing pretty good. Out of no where POOF gone. No arrow for tracking, no breaking LOS because as stated HE DIDNT MOVE. No hiding because he DIDNT MOVE and u have to be so many squares away without breakig LoS which he didnt do cause he DIDNT MOVE No teleport. No nothing just gone. Like i said the only thing i can think of is he logged. Hence the main question i asked is there instalogging cause i know some custom servers do that for all the trammies. Only other thing i can think of is he dropped some kindling and then logged but not sure how that would work in combat cause ive never tried it

Kraden

Grandmaster
Yeah wow i hate kids anyway i guess if anyone has any actual conversation feedback just pm me im done with the kid trolls

Sounds like he hid and logged out in a house he is friended to. Maybe u can test it by going in combat with 2 of your characters and log one out and see how long it takes. Sounds like he just logged out and the timer is not working properly or something

Kraden

Grandmaster
Yeah see i was pretty positive we were on the side of a house. But he could hve been standing on steps i cant remember But yeah didnt think of him just being friended there. Prolly. I mean i havent heard of anyone else talking about this so im sure it wouldnt just happened to me

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
Sounds very similar to the para/cheat/hack combo that has been reported. GMs better get on this quick!

Also he was on the steps and hit leave house and then hid. It's not rocket science kids.

K A Z

Grandmaster
I guess removed house steps of a custom, leave house and stealth away.

Nvm karl sagan alrdy said that.. Mist hve been it