Chased Thief Who Insta-Logged

Leper

Neophyte
Could be a sync issue. When my client is out of sync I see mobiles in different places than they are for a few seconds. He might have hid stealthed inside and logged out while your client showed him standing still.

Kraden

Grandmaster
Omfg thank you for an actual productive answer lmfao. Took what like 30 posts and finnaly someone said something that resembled sense. Thank you Seriously cause that culda have been it. Any tips u got on keeping it synced. Or settings i could change too. I have felt like i run a lil slow at times ?

Lexington

Grandmaster
Omfg thank you for an actual productive answer lmfao. Took what like 30 posts and finnaly someone said something that resembled sense. Thank you Seriously cause that culda have been it. Any tips u got on keeping it synced. Or settings i could change too. I have felt like i run a lil slow at times ?

I watched Alan's video on Razor and learned a few things that helped... I seem to run faster and smoother now after changing a few settings!

Suikoden

Expert
Hey Kraden-
I have two thoughts on what could be going on. Though the previous mentioned Sync issue is a good one. I have fought several people in areas of Yew or Yew Lichs. My first thought could involve the use of "leave house" option in the shift click mechanics. I am not 100% if this removes your flag status allowing him to reque hiding and "stealth away" per say or if it resets your tracking. It is just a thought as I found a bunch of people building razor macros to shift click leave house just to alude weapon hits. My second thought is that while he was stealthing away from you and hiding that he submitted a "help stuck" in the help menu. The timing on help stuck and be both very short and fast or very long. It is possible that he hid and took his changes to help stuck out. This could explain why he just stood there and took your damage then "poof". Then teleporting him away to britain or what have you. I believe the help stuck allows for TWO uses per day per account. Just my two thoughts to the issue you are experiencing.

Metalhead-

Master
55-oh-you.jpg
He must have been using the UOSteam ohshitlogout function, only way this could happen.

Kraden

Grandmaster
Yeah thnx guys. Thatmakesalot of sense and he did do it at two seperate houses so your prolly right. Didnt realize thatswhat all the kids do now a days. Been too long for me. But awesome man. Gonna have to get smarter. Thnx for the insight and help guys to the few of you that actuall did. See back in my dad we didnt have or need raxxor so still alot i gotta pick up o tht too

Experienced something weird myself. Last night i was standing at brit west bank in the middle of the crowd where i noticed that my heavy xbow just vanished out of my backpack. I then saw that a grey was next to me. Saying guards didnt do anything. That guy while grey said bank and shortly after walked away. Tried to attack him but he vanished.
Pity. Used that bow the first time.

Gesendet von meinem Nokia 6610 mit Tapatalk

Malkraven

Grandmaster
Dont walk about brit bank with valuables when i walk about on my thief there im stunned at how many people carry valuables .

- very rarely see anyone with thief proof regs box.
- people just sitting there semi afk with statues/SS and such in there packs.
- semi afk with 2 or 3 weapons in there packs and not one armed.

You should see WBB as a major tourist trap area like Amsterdam central ! keep ya hand on ya wallet, be wary of people talking yo ya for no reason. it may look empty but i can guarantee there is always at least 1 thief stalking about probably more like 3 or 4.

personally if i go to WBB i lock my regs box, dump all my wepons apart from the 1 in my hand and empty anything i dont need out of my pack.

So a thief can steal at wbb without getting guard whacked? And why can he open his bank box while flagged as criminal? And how can he vanish just like that? Felt strange to me.

If so many ppl have so many valuables unattended, why dont they get robbed easily and everytime?

Gesendet von meinem Nokia 6610 mit Tapatalk

Fenix

Journeyman
Someone has to yell guards for the actual whack and theres ways to insta loot the grey corpse by multiclienting. Tourist trap. This actually applies to basically anywhere but docks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Malkraven

Grandmaster
im not 100% on the thief rules here but seems to be is a number of different outcomes when u steal:-

- instant guard whack ( NPC calls guards)
- Successful steal but turn grey ( can call guards)
- 100% successful steal ( there say blue) but im guessing your still permagrey (idk tbh).
- Fail

Im not sure about the successful steal and stay blue one but im sure its happened to me a number of times and Im sure one of the servers long term thieves can clear this up.

halygon

Grandmaster
I think it's more like this:

Failed Steal - Grey no Guard Whack

Successful Steal but Noticed - Grey to all, guards can be called (insta whack if it was an NPC that noticed.

Successful steal not noticed - Blue to all except owner of stolen item - guards cannot be called

Obviously the last is the most dangerous. If that happens, other ppl can actually attack the thief as he will be perma grey but look blue(most ppl won't take the chance). The problem is that there is a very good chance that the thief will be able to get away from you. Your best protection is to keep valuables locked up and always be around other players/NPCs as more characters = harder to steal unnoticed.

They need to fix the tinker trapped boxes... but you thieves are hoping against that.