Boat PvP - Galleons too weak?

oomf

Grandmaster
Having been in several fights it seems that small boats have great advantage over the larger galleon type ships. There are several reasons but mainly the cool down time on the Galleon cannons seems a bit high. If you miss you must wait 30 seconds, meanwhile a small ship can fire 8x vs galleons 2x. Couple that with speed and targeting a small boat and really all you can do is recall because if you miss on those first shots the fight is over.

I know some agree, curious how others feel. To me the big boat should be the superior fighting machine.

Dracule

Grandmaster
I am so glad someone else brought this up, I just had a ship battle today actually with Bob the pirate and I gotta say his sea battle skills are epic but his ship is so much better at PVP. The cool down timer on his dragon boat is so short that he sank me before I could shoot..? I am new to the sea not fishing though but ship battles maybe had 10 so far. I can sink a dragon ship in about 3 to 4 shots which is 2min in cool downs. A medium dragon can sink me in 4-5 shots which is only 32-40 seconds.. In 2 shots their ship is on fire and starting to sink, but they can still volley back while on fire. Doesn't add up in my mind maybe this needs to be re-looked at by the staff hopefully they take a look at it asap.

His boat has light cannons light armor, but yet does almost same dmg to my boat as I do to his plus he can shoot over 3 times faster. What is the point in building/buying large galleon ships when old classic dragon ships rule the seas? all cannons should have a 10-15 second cool down, If you wanna be a real pirate and rule the sea buck up and get a real ship.

All this being said the new ships/sea content is awesome and thanks for all the hard work it's the most fun I have had in along time, everyone should buy a boat and try your luck at sea.

Last edited by a moderator:

Malkraven

Grandmaster
i agree the delay is way to long on the galleon heavy cannons delay 32 secs? that is 3 times the large dragonships delay of 10 secs but only does double the dmg meaning a classic ship can easily out dmg a galleon. i also think the Galleon should have slightly more hps than a classic.

Madd Dogg

Master
I agree 100%. We made a galleon and I don't believe we have used it more then once as a guild. It's pretty telling sign when the main pirates on the water right now all use large dragon ships.

Any would be pirates who sign up with us in PCH I reccomend getting a level 10 large dragon ship as soon as possible and not too worry about a galleon.

Dracule

Grandmaster
Medium dragons with the 8 second cool down seem to be the best of the best atm if you ask me I am pretty sure that is what Bob the pirate uses, because there is no way his boat has a 10 second cool down. While we are on the topic of boat pvp I think EV's should not be able to be cast at sea or on boats.. you get one EV on someones ship and it is pretty much over.

Madd Dogg

Master
Medium dragons with the 8 second cool down seem to be the best of the best atm if you ask me I am pretty sure that is what Bob the pirate uses, because there is no way his boat has a 10 second cool down. While we are on the topic of boat pvp I think EV's should not be able to be cast at sea or on boats.. you get one EV on someones ship and it is pretty much over.

I use the large dragon ship, turning the boat around and using both sides can give the appearance of quicker fire, also there is a ship upgrade that lowers cannon cool down by 2 seconds

Dracule

Grandmaster
Is it just the cannons that need to be changed?
I would say the two main things broken in ship battle pvp is cannon fire rate they need to all be almost the same fire rate, What is the damage difference between light cannons and heavy cannons they seem to be almost the same. and EV's. Not sure if everyone agrees with the EVs but i think its cheap to just fly up and EV someones deck and watch them run around and die what pirates ever had EV's lol.

Dracule

Grandmaster
I use the large dragon ship, turning the boat around and using both sides can give the appearance of quicker fire, also there is a ship upgrade that lowers cannon cool down by 2 seconds
Ya I know all about the turning about and firing, he fired three vollys in under 10 seconds and my ship was half under.. he must have had the 2 seconds off and a medium dragon so he was firing every 6 seconds.

Here's level 10 Large Dragon (the Lusty Wench) vs. Level 10 Gargish Galleon (Unnamed).

For Science!
StatsComparison.JPG

@Adam

For Gargish... A boost to Hull durability (+/- 800).. and a decrease in Cannon Cooldown (+/-10 seconds) should balance things out nicely. I can help you test this if you'd like.

Faytality

Staff member
To me it's the cooldown time that I would like to see get decreased on the galleons. I have no qualms about the damage they do.

Madd Dogg

Master
Here's level 10 Large Dragon (the Lusty Wench) vs. Level 10 Gargish Galleon (Unnamed).

For Science!
StatsComparison.JPG

A boost to Hull durability and a decrease in Cannon cooldown should balance things out nicely. Please don't increase damage of Cannons.

The other thing is why do level 10 dragon ships have 100% accuracy and level m10 galleon have 85%? I don't mind galleon with less but maybe 95% max for the large dragon and then you can use Improved Munitions upgrade to get the final 5% for 100% accuracy.

Madd Dogg

Master
Ya I know all about the turning about and firing, he fired three vollys in under 10 seconds and my ship was half under.. he must have had the 2 seconds off and a medium dragon so he was firing every 6 seconds.

I am Bob so I can confirm I was in a level 10 LARGE dragon ship :)

Dracule

Grandmaster
The galleon ships should be a lot tougher ships then the classic dragon ships. I know balance is something everyone wants, but in this case I feel the galleons should be a better stronger ship
I am Bob so I can confirm I was in a level 10 dragon ship :)
Bob you got skill

tankian

Grandmaster
Could we get a slight speed increase on the gargoyle galleon. I can understand the smaller boats being faster but somewhat weaker but last night we chased a dragon ship and had no chance of keeping up not even the slightest. It was like we were in 1st gear and they were in 4th. What are your thoughts on this @Dracule @Faytality