Bandage Time Tweak.

Young Star

Grandmaster
One of the first things that caught my attention when I started on this server was how long the bandage times where. I thought to myself "I don't remember it being this bad" I chalked it up to faulty memory and low dex at the time. After being here for a while I found out that the times were nerfed in May, not long before I joined. I understand it was done more for PvP balancing issues but I think it may have been pushed a little far. After 6 months of it being implemented I am hoping the staff would be willing to re-visit it and be open to a little more polishing. I am not asking for it to be completely rolled back.

Currently it is:
"The bandage timer has been changed to the following formula: seconds = 14.5 - (((dex/10)*0.5))."
At 100 Dex that is still a 9.5 second heal. I am not sure what it changed from but I think the base time could afford to be tweaked down to 11-12.5s.

As of 2011 Max heal duration on OSI was lowered to 8 seconds. I can't find what it was changed from but I believe it was still much lower then what we have here. I would be OK with the timer being as is when not ever being interrupted but when in the middle of a fight there are multiple finger slips and the times get to be over 10-12s. I think adding a minimum damage qualifier of some level wouldn't unbalance PvP and greatly help during PvM. There a lot of casting mobs that spam small spells and it maxes out the timer pretty quick as well as the fail chance. This is also something that mages easily take advantage of in PvP.

"Interruption will occur if the healer is hit for more than 26 damage by a monster or more than 19 damage by another player. The amount of damage healed will be reduced by 35% per interruption."​
This could be tweaked a little lower if needed, I would take whatever value you come up with if it can be implemented here.

K A Z

Grandmaster
dunno, but I'm pretty much invincible on my dexxers and healmages - I personally feel as if bandages are slightly OP if anything ...

wreckognize

Grandmaster
agree with OP.. baby steps tho. imo start with 13s base to match up with osi then tweak from there if necessary. provided xheal timer stays the same, it doesn't need to be any faster than it is now.

K A Z

Grandmaster
agree with OP.. baby steps tho. imo start with 13s base to match up with osi then tweak from there if necessary. provided xheal timer stays the same, it doesn't need to be any faster than it is now.

do you use many bandages sittin' in your house?

wreckognize

Grandmaster
do you use many bandages sittin' in your house?

oh please, cut it out with the house jealousy guys, you're all making me blush :oops:

but to be honest it's not the bandages that are overpowered Kazzy boy, it's your auto potion scripts

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Maybe they could make it so that every potion you drink while applying bandages could add .5 seconds to the bandage timer? could this be a way to balance out the use of bandages?

K A Z

Grandmaster
oh please, cut it out with the house jealousy guys, you're all making me blush :oops:

but to be honest it's not the bandages that are overpowered Kazzy boy, it's your auto potion scripts

auto potion scripts? no more speedhax? poor ole hanes, still on the witch hunt.

manolo

Adept
Current OSI timers have next to nothing to do with this server and your observations are false because here finger slips only influence the amount healed (and also the overall success chance at if you are below GM skill, I think) but the bandage timer is not increased due to slips. The timer is only increased when you start a bandage while poisoned and hence attempt to cure the poison with bandages.

Causing finger slips with small spells is rarely a good strategy as a mage because it means a a lot less damage dealt per second and is easy to survive. In fact just heals from bandages and pots together with interrupts from weapon hits are often enough to allow a dexer to actually deal damage while simultaneously surviving a mage's attack. Also it's nearly impossible to die if one chooses to just run way with bandages ticking. I'd say healing is overpowered if anything. Why don't you try to get better at the game instead of always complaining?

LAWL !