Archer PvM newbie

Berindon

Neophyte
It’s my first char and I don’t have money. I will use this to finance my future characters so I would need a template easy to create and that can potentially kill good Mobs.

Now the template I use it’s the one on your wiki which I quite like:
100 provo
100 music
100 tactics
100 archery
80 anatomy
80 healing
80 resist
60 magery

My questions are: can I solo dragons? What will be the best money making spot?

Thanks!

Shortbus

Grandmaster
A provo archer can solo almost anything in the game as long as the Provo does not fail. You can go against Ancient Shadow Wyrms and Balrons and provo mobs onto them. The only mobs that will ever give you trouble are Paragons and Holiday Spirits of the above said mobs, that even 120 Provo characters have a chance to fail on.

You can farm anywhere honestly. Sometimes quantity > quality of mobs. Monster of the Month mobs have a chance to drop relics, hued cloth, spellbooks, and skill scrolls. One lucky mob can give you a Quicksilver or Double Strike relic that can fetch anywhere from 7-10m+. A Holiday mob has a chance at a chest that can include a Holiday Hued statue that can be worth millions as well.

Farming Destard is always fun, but is a definite PK hot spot. Khaldun is full of money, but it's a PvP zone and everyone is grey. Grotto has higher tier mobs (ogre lords, ogre mages, titans, dragons, ancient wyrm, balrons) and can get sketchy at times, but is easy money, again, as long as the provo doesn't fail.

Depends on your playstyle and what you like to do. Titans have a good chance at Taming Skill Scrolls which are about 280-300k per right now. Anywhere can yield good money, just stay on the move and have a recall macro setup to hit whenever a PK comes on screen and you should be legit.

As a new player, I highly recommend applying to TRIN as they are very helpful to new players. They have their own Sub Forum here and an application on the forums.

Good luck and welcome to the server!

drasked

Grandmaster
It’s my first char and I don’t have money. I will use this to finance my future characters so I would need a template easy to create and that can potentially kill good Mobs.

100 provo
100 music
100 tactics
100 archery
80 anatomy
80 healing
80 resist
60 magery

Thanks!

Keep in mind you don't need magery to recall around, you can use recall scroll charges from your runebook with 100% success.

I went full glass cannon on my provo archer;

100 provo
100 music
100 tactics
100 archery
100 anat
100 healing
100 hiding

100 100 25

King Dingaling

Grandmaster
Keep in mind you don't need magery to recall around, you can use recall scroll charges from your runebook with 100% success.

I went full glass cannon on my provo archer;

100 provo
100 music
100 tactics
100 archery
100 anat
100 healing
100 hiding

100 100 25
perfect template... my only change once u get up some gold is drop hiding to 80 and raise provo to 120

asics

Grandmaster

100 provo
100 music
100 tactics
100 archery
80 anatomy
80 healing
80 resist
60 magery

Thanks!

Happy that Simeone stilo use this templare i proposed..
Is a little bit hibrid templare that permit u to do almost Every mob.

Maybe go asap 110-115-120 provo and jeep always a couplw of slayer bow for the exact type of mob u want kill, archery is great

80 insyead 100 on anatomy healing resist... Is OK cause u are not a pvp one...if u sede reds just press recall macro

60 magery will fizz a lot but is Also a very versatile skill..

When no meta dragons..talismans around i was top in champ spawn with this template...and i used to farm. Khaldun - destare - Shane ( just get a lot of runebok with specifico spots, loot and recall back and always full poté and slayer bows)

***for very olddddd here: do u remember the khaldun boss ..a little secret that spawn skeletons and undead..but when u Jill it vive to u up to 4 gaming SS? I got 4 zone time..3 some and 2 always..but they removed it soon but was delixious

Ginge

Apprentice
Take @drasked build trust me thats how I got going a few months ago and still like to use him. You really don't need 120 provo you'll be fine with 110 and can get away with 100 (Im still at 100 if I fail I just hide) and then its a basically free money maker :) If you pick open or outdoor spots you can kill anything with the right slayer bow as you can just kite it if theres nothing of similar hp/str to provo it onto.