2014 Halloween House Decoration Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
Well I have a lot going on in this house so I kind of broke it up, hopefully that's kosher. If not I can put pics of the entire floors.

First, I have a large pet spider cage built in this house. I raise them and release them in the woods around my house to keep people away. My babies:

HfMywBd.jpg

Next the library, where I sit in this chair and fart:

eKT57K0.jpg

My bedroom. Take care, my appetites of the flesh are known to have fairly...exhaustive tastes:

Bhz5lZ4.jpg

My kitchen. Mostly used for preparing spider food, they have very particular diets. Although I don't get many visitors, I usually have a few, uhm, guests:

rAgbQI3.jpg

The lab and hatchery. As usual I have my solen comrades gainfully employed tending the latest batch of eggs. This is also where I keep my stock of spider food:

xGTSwIV.jpg

I paid dearly to open a portal to the 'other side', and succeeded in summoning a ghost and binding it to my pond!

However I went to check on a thing, and well, I forgot to close the portal...

lRzDBhn.jpg

Hopefully I can escape out the back and let my pets deal with this:

erq1hy7.jpg

Come visit, or not, or whatever I don't care!

gNt64pR.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

SaladinX

Grandmaster
Well I have a lot going on in this house so I kind of broke it up, hopefully that's kosher. If not I can put pics of the entire floors.

First, I have a large pet spider cage built in this house. I raise them and release them in the woods around my house to keep people away. My babies:

HfMywBd.jpg

Next the library, where I sit in this chair and fart:

eKT57K0.jpg

My bedroom. Take care, my appetites of the flesh are known to have fairly...exhaustive tastes:

Bhz5lZ4.jpg

My kitchen. Mostly used for preparing spider food, they have very particular diets. Although I don't get many visitors, I usually have a few, uhm, guests:

rAgbQI3.jpg

The lab and hatchery. As usual I have my solen comrades gainfully employed tending the latest batch of eggs. This is also where I keep my stock of spider food:

xGTSwIV.jpg

I paid dearly to open a portal to the 'other side', and succeeded in summoning a ghost and binding it to my pond!

However I went to check on a thing, and well, I forgot to close the portal...

lRzDBhn.jpg

Hopefully I can escape out the back and let my pets deal with this:

erq1hy7.jpg

gNt64pR.jpg

Wow! Great work dude! gunna check it out soon! (Don't feed me :( I have arachnophobia as it is.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
Took a while but here's mine

halloween.png

i like the pumpkin, it is clearly a call for all of us to examine the impact of this culture of empty consumerism, to eschew the bonds of capitalism and rise up against our wage masters telling them once and for all that we value our time with friends and family more than we do the pittance they pay is for our toils.

deep stuff man, I'm crying here. Thank you.

Babethoven

Grandmaster
COME ONE!!! COME ALL!!!!!
THE GREATLY ANTICIPATED
*dun dun dunnnn*

-HELL-O-WEEN-
!!!POWER TOWER!!!

(plz zoom in on deco'd parts, time and money went into this house so while you judge/hate/observe this house plz be sure to look in close :D )

First off from POWER we would like to thank all the trammy blue zerg squads for the lootz over the last 4 months, without YOU we would not be who we are without all of you :D SOOO in dedication! a halloween carpeted trammy blue heads crying out trammal tears our guild name guarded by a halloween masked large daemons :D

2cyD6AK.png

Noooooooowwww if you come down 1 floor, we have the drinks ( as you see we should have your kind here ) and large bong ready for everyones halloween needs ( assuming u planned ahead with a baby sitter ) as you see my dog on my nicely folded cloth :< ( at least hes wearin his mask ) also my resident evil dog on the other carpet wearing his mask as well :D also got the oui-ja board and efreet coming out of the caludren on display on the outside of the homemade candy in the container in the middle!!!

eUL8ytP.png

the deeper you go the creeper it becomes :S
tryed to throw in a UO mix of the first diablo when he comes out the ground :D surrounded by bone containers, and the hero champion zombie book slayer summoning him on the alter there ^^ as well as a army of the undead, the perfect lich set up as you see... dont ever see a lich lord without lichs around ;) and just the basic casual webs with spider hanging in them, the one in the north west protecting its egg ;o
1S0kook.png

last but not least, the dungeon area
tryed somewhat to make it seem like the "ritual" ( o_0 ) was coming out of the wall from the mirrors, the big ass decos of course, in the northwest corner you see a victim in the iron maiden :<
annnnnnnnd halloween pumpkins out front to celebrate the season
4wwSHkm.png

~British Palace Massacre~
The once elegant staging ground for Lord British, the Crystal Palace, has been corrupted by the damned. Undead minions discovered that a raid was to take place on the Britian graveyard and stormed the outpost, massacring British's top generals during the siege.

Upon taking the tower the undead tapped into the palace's hidden power and now the crystals act as a consuming home of hate.

JV7NR0C.jpg

The dead used British's magic crystals to construct a blood stained alter that uses the crystal power and alchemical items to amplify the channel of evil energy.

Yes, This once refined villa has been disgraced by the massacre and it now serves as a home for evil to find a deeper poison to spread to the good hearted.

The massacre grounds are now a summoning place for the dead to use the power of the crystal for demonic ends.

Huddled around the decaying crystals a single candle of forgiveness stands as a window for the evil to prey on the innocent by corrupting their hearts... gaining access by the demonic power of the fire that burns in everything.

The Alter Of The Damned

0QDqt9h.jpg

This practice has spawned devilish offspring including Aranda,the four handed, four footed ogre, and Ethoff, the four headed ettin. (both shown above)

The head summoning and sacrifice table is how Ethoff corrupted his spirit and gained access to an other worldly array of extrasensory evil.

Zu1YHO9.jpg

The four handed ogre Aranda conducts wild psychopathic experiments which spawns stranger than life destruction.

GlJN0c5.jpg

The full symphony of evil can be seen below...
sJdMTL5.jpg

This home for damned also houses Demonica, a demon spirit who uses the guts of the decaying dead to conjure evil that consumes all who enter.

DzQya6R.jpg

Even the undead become prisoner to their own evil as the darkness consumes them and keeps them caged like a drunken bird.

FeJyqIY.jpg

When you enter the palace you can go bobbing for brains. Remember, eat the brain and you will never be the same. The act is a doorway to terrible evil and demonic power. Consume the brains when you enter to let the evil in your mind. It then takes over and fills you with it's magic...

cCXfFEr.jpg

There are many power spots in the palace, which is why Lord British originally claimed this spot as his own. Now the dead use even the crystal rune library for their demonic summoning...
kBXE0lA.jpg

Even the lava forge, a place for crafting powerful weapons and armor, has been corrupted. Now it stands as a place for evil blacksmiths to conjure their unholy hate through powerful blades and armor.

53KggpA.jpg

The ones who go in come out possessed... the crystals claim all that offer themselves ... and in darkness it binds them.

Cash is King

Grandmaster
so some "friend" dry looted my house overnight. i really hope that winning this event doesn't require a walk through the house.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
so some "friend" dry looted my house overnight. i really hope that winning this event doesn't require a walk through the house.

Condolences man. That's grimy as fuuuuuck :/. Unless you're just going for the sympathy vote...in which case, bravo

I sold some stuff out of my house and asked in irc, I think pics are what matters.

Cash is King

Grandmaster
^ ^ Well that adds insult to injury. Unless Carl already went to the houses which i really hope he did... but with my recent luck I doubt it!

I'm definitely not going for a sympathy vote, that's not my angle and this isn't a charity it's a competition... i was just stating why i hoped it would be judged on pics since I just got robbed and I hope that Carl already checked out our houses by now. I had so many cool trapped doors leading to the dungeon which needed to be experienced with a walk through. I'm more pissed off that the ~20 hours of design/deco was wasted so somebody could have more pixels and that I was f**ked over a friend. I put so much time into the house and really wanted to win this :(

If I'm disqualified because Carl hasn't seen my house I'm sure you'll get it, Karl - great design sir. Others in here have good designs too but yours was the top contender in my books (after mine of course!)

Akillah

Grandmaster
They should definitely do walk through, but hopefully they've done it already for you guys' sake!

p.s. make prizes more legit, lots of dono coins have been invested :D

Status
Not open for further replies.