2 ethereal horses, beginner discount!

Kiki

Grandmaster
I'm in for this too.

Wait. Not for the ethies. I have just enough to buy one of my own. What I meant was that I would like to also help out 2 people from this thread and will give them a starter house free of charge.

Not only that, but I am also volunteering @Karl Sagan to donate a few lower end rares to decorate your houses with, @parsnip to donate a couple K of each reagent to help you out, @mogdurok to get you into a guild if you're not already running with one, AND @Asan_Drakus and @Dwayne Wade will chip in for half the price of your ethies.

So sure am I that these people will step up and do what has just been offered, that if they decline, I will.

Why not just call it the ultimate newbie giveaway. Maybe a title change is needed @Bromista ? :)

Who else feels like stepping up to make a couple of newer players' day?

gofer

Grandmaster
I heard taming was tough on UOF, but I read DWade's guide and went to Shame. I recall right to the entrance and there are two reds in a small marble relaxing... This led to a chase around Shame and out the entrance where I died with my lovely reg bag with 20 of each reg. I walked the UO walk of (correction, I ran because I forgot how long before your corpse turns to bones) Shame (no pun intended) back to my corpse and at least got my apples and pitcher of water. Such is life on Fel.

I had something similar happen to me, but I was inside the dungeon with the scorpions already and a train rolled in! I switched over to a miner and began mining in the mountains. Would you believe I get to the mountains with my pack llama and my ingots are stolen from a thief and shortly thereafter rolled by more pks... :( I did not care so much...till they killed "Ernest," my pack llama! I was incensed.

gofer

Grandmaster
I'm in for this too.

Wait. Not for the ethies. I have just enough to buy one of my own. What I meant was that I would like to also help out 2 people from this thread and will give them a starter house free of charge.

Not only that, but I am also volunteering @Karl Sagan to donate a few lower end rares to decorate your houses with, @parsnip to donate a couple K of each reagent to help you out, @mogdurok to get you into a guild if you're not already running with one, AND @Asan_Drakus and @Dwayne Wade will chip in for half the price of your ethies.

So sure am I that these people will step up and do what has just been offered, that if they decline, I will.

Why not just call it the ultimate newbie giveaway. Maybe a title change is needed @Bromista ? :)

It is a nice gesture that you mentioned Kiki, but I think what would be helpful for me is if I could have a conversation with one or some of you and get some tips (its been a while since ive played UO lol!) on the server (thankfully, some things are slowly coming back to me). The new player section is helpful; my questions moreso concern the dynamics of the server.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bromista

Grandmaster
I'm in for this too.

Very nice! A+

Khaladon

Master
I can meet up with you and fill you in on some stuff. I just started a few weeks ago so i don't have the financial backing these guys do but i've done a ton of research and forum diving so I can supply that info and save you some time. get your messages up to 10 (just make a thread and post random stuff ten times) so u can pm and we can work out a meet up time.

bebo

Apprentice
Hi guys,
My story is very short,
I start to play around 7days ago. Its too hard in this game get a money, because alot pk kill my character in all dungeon every 5/10mins.
Fortunally i find a nice group of italians people that help me to get a money and help me with rules of this shard. I played 10/15years ago and find this shard for error.
Is too hard life here but UO is the best MMO and i want stay here.
Sorry but i still working on my english language.
Bye bye

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
I'm in for this too.

How could I turn down a call out like that? Done and done ;)

gofer

Grandmaster
I can meet up with you and fill you in on some stuff. I just started a few weeks ago so i don't have the financial backing these guys do but i've done a ton of research and forum diving so I can supply that info and save you some time. get your messages up to 10 (just make a thread and post random stuff ten times) so u can pm and we can work out a meet up time.

Khal that sounds great. I am not coming into this blind as I did a bit of research through the various wikis available, there are just...some lingering questions based off my experiences thus far. I will be away for dinner tonight, but setting something up would be great when you have a chance. I think the biggest challenge is "catching" up because rolling in with 20 regs to cast cure, etc and getting wacked by peeps with power/vanq and pots is tough lol, especially when you are left with 10 of each reg thereafter. I missed this game, I am glad to be here as it looks well set up. Thanks and cheers!

Raging

Master
I played back on baja, trying to keep in touch with rl friends over long distances so picked up UOF since it was the closest thing to when we quit playing originally... started up the middle of the week before Christmas and am really enjoying everything (even some of the more fair pk ganks). Rolled out a dexer to get enough going to start up my mage and have been pushing through trying to get enough gold to start outfitting some pvpers. I definitely try not to beg or anything and work for what I have, but as most are familiar its a slow road at the start.
Thanks everyone that has helped me so far!

Khaladon

Master
Khal that sounds great. I am not coming into this blind as I did a bit of research through the various wikis available, there are just...some lingering questions based off my experiences thus far. I will be away for dinner tonight, but setting something up would be great when you have a chance. I think the biggest challenge is "catching" up because rolling in with 20 regs to cast cure, etc and getting wacked by peeps with power/vanq and pots is tough lol, especially when you are left with 10 of each reg thereafter. I missed this game, I am glad to be here as it looks well set up. Thanks and cheers!

Sounds good man. Enjoy your new year and maybe tomorrow we can sync scheds and get you rolling.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Glad to see thread back on track, I just hit my first million (would have been sooner if I didn't buy a house) I don't have an ethy yet but I will gladly throw 50k in for however you guys deem worthy.

Kiki

Grandmaster
Glad to see thread back on track, I just hit my first million (would have been sooner if I didn't buy a house) I don't have an ethy yet but I will gladly throw 50k in for however you guys deem worthy.
Legen... wait for it... Dary.

Nice one mate. Not going to be on tonight as I'm about to cook up some steaks for some friends and then get our drink on, but throw me a PM and we'll hook up sometime soon.

parsnip

Grandmaster
I'm in for this too.

I'm in! Happy to contribute to the starter house and/or ethy cost and have a few level 1 & 2 treasure maps to throw into the pile too.