2 ethereal horses, beginner discount!

Bromista

Grandmaster
Winners have been chosen! Selection was based on join date and general activity/participation in the UOF experience. There are still plenty of people offering to help out so don't fret!

THIS IS NOT HAS TURNED INTO A GIVEAWAY! (MORE DETAILS AT BOTTOM OF THIS POST) DUE TO THE OVERWHELMING POSITIVE RESPONSE THIS THREAD HAS GOTTEN AND THE EXTENT OF CONTRIBUTIONS IT HAS GENERATED THE ETHIES WILL BE FREE OF CHARGE!

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE A "YOUNG" PLAYER!

PLEASE DO NOT PM ME! I'VE GOT ENOUGH GOING ON WITH MY INBOX AS IS!

New to UOF and no donation coins/not quite enough funds for an ethy/house? The market for DC is all goofed up. It started with wealthy players driving the cost of coins up dramatically in a relatively short period of time. Despite the massive amount of gold that has been removed via gold sinks the cost of donation coins has remained stagnant while it is still just as difficult for an up and comer to earn gold.

For a lucky couple of you I am several of us are here to help! I have two ethy horses I will be selling to new players for half price, 90k each. DC are a standard 175k nowadays so these ponies are a steal. I want these to go to players who are going to use them, if I wanted to throw my money away I would give it to random newbs at WBB. No. No, these ethies are going to be ridden and ridden hard.

Here's how to play! Reply to this thread (no PM's please) it doesn't matter what you post. You can tell me your life story, a UO sob story, post adorable pictures of baby animals, or call me a trammy. I don't care!

What I will do is evaluate each person based on everything available to me via your profile and post history. If I like what I see you will be notified via PM and you may claim your discount mount! package of awesomeness! Or it may be split up to some extent (as far as houses/ethies being paired together)...we'll have to get together and discuss the details.

I will make my selections this Sunday at 12:01 A.M. EST.

Kiki has really stepped up on this one:
I'm in for this too.

Wait. Not for the ethies. I have just enough to buy one of my own. What I meant was that I would like to also help out 2 people from this thread and will give them a starter house free of charge.

Not only that, but I am also volunteering @Karl Sagan to donate a few lower end rares to decorate your houses with, @parsnip to donate a couple K of each reagent to help you out, @mogdurok to get you into a guild if you're not already running with one, AND @Asan_Drakus and @Dwayne Wade will chip in for half the price of your ethies.

So sure am I that these people will step up and do what has just been offered, that if they decline, I will.

Why not just call it the ultimate newbie giveaway. Maybe a title change is needed @Bromista ? :)

Who else feels like stepping up to make a couple of newer players' day?
Mad props.

Last edited by a moderator:

Messremb

Grandmaster
well, I was born on...............and now here I am typing this message. my UO life has been hard. I once killed a beetle I had just tamed, I get PKed every now and then, and POWER guild always says hurtful things to me.

View attachment 488

You awesome Trammy you.

Keep up the great work Bro, Glad to see people helping out newbs.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Also a couple things:

A. Beginners can make gold too. 90k takes a while to farm for a new (not necessarily young) player and shows that they are dedicated enough to warrant a half price ethy. I'm not giving a free ethy to any young that walks off the steps of the Brit inn, I wanna make sure it gets put to good use.

B. Yes I still have these ethies...lol. I will decide who to PM this weekend. It'll take however long it takes to find them a home!

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
You trammy!

*quote from Tom Hanks movie*

If I made a PK called Tom Ganks would anyone get it and also what movie would be best to reference in guild title??

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Cast away for an all mage guild of course.
Or sleepless in brit,
Or big (since uo is either a bunch of kids acting like there grown up or a bunch of grown ups pretending they are still kids.)
Oceans one;
Saving private blackthorn;
... that'll good for now.

serf

Journeyman
I heard taming was tough on UOF, but I read DWade's guide and went to Shame. I recall right to the entrance and there are two reds in a small marble relaxing... This led to a chase around Shame and out the entrance where I died with my lovely reg bag with 20 of each reg. I walked the UO walk of (correction, I ran because I forgot how long before your corpse turns to bones) Shame (no pun intended) back to my corpse and at least got my apples and pitcher of water. Such is life on Fel.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
I heard taming was tough on UOF, but I read DWade's guide and went to Shame. I recall right to the entrance and there are two reds in a small marble relaxing... This led to a chase around Shame and out the entrance where I died with my lovely reg bag with 20 of each reg. I walked the UO walk of (correction, I ran because I forgot how long before your corpse turns to bones) Shame (no pun intended) back to my corpse and at least got my apples and pitcher of water. Such is life on Fel.

My vote is for this guy he has the right attitude!

Reemer

Master
You trammy!

If I made a PK called Tom Ganks would anyone get it and also what movie would be best to reference in guild title??

The ladykillers or whatever that movie from the 50's he was in where they robbed a bank and everyone kept dieing.

Bromista

Grandmaster
You trammy!

ROFL ETHIES GO TO KARL SAGAN!!

I kid. You rich bastard...just a little lol from one rich bastard to another ;)

I think the reference would be missed by a small % so I support this 100%.

Working on a guild title but work has fried my brain and I lack creativity. All that comes to mind is A League of Their Own and I've got nothing funny to go with that.