100k Board Slayer bow Experiment- Results

Here it is!!

So I bought 100k boards for around 3 GP/E (even with me trying to get a better deal ;) )
So the first number we need is total investment 300,000 Gold! A Lot of gold, but if I make it back then its okay.
Second we need to know what slayers will always sell. My list is:

Exercised
Repond
Silver
Arachnid doom
Reptilian death
Dragon
Spider
Demon
Balron
This list is pritty small, And someone out there is going what about “THIS” slayer, I will buy it!Well simply put, these sell no matter what.
The ones that Sell but not as fast or as often are:
Blood Drinking
Terathan
Elemental Bane/Health
Water Dissipation
Orphidian
Summer Wind
now the ones that I have not been able to sell regularly up to this point are: (if I cant
remember the exact name I put “Slaughter” after it)
Flame Dousing
Orc Slaughter
Lizardman slaughter
Earth Shattering
Ogre slaughter
Gargoyle Foe
Vacuum
Scorpion bane
Fey Slayer
Troll Slaughter
Snake bane
If I missed one please post it here, But after making this many slayers I don’t think I missed one.
Okay, So some base line data for this experiment. I have 100 Fletching, I crafted in the Crafter area, and it took me a few days to make it all.
I sell my Super slayers for 5k With the
exception of Silver. That one is 7k (prices will change) So the list of 5/7k are:
Exercised
Repond
Silver
Arachnid doom
Reptilian death
My 4k ones that sell are:
Dragon
Spider
Demon
Balron
My 4k ones that sometimes sell are:
Blood Drinking
Terathan
Elemental Bane/Health
Water Dissipation
Orphidian
Summer Wind
Total I calculated 2 different incomes, one for
GUARANTEED income, one for POSSIBLE income. The possible income is if EVERYONE of the slayers I list sell for asking price.
So the data! I crafted the following exceptional slayers from that 100k

Exorcism 4
Repond 11
Silver 10
Arachnid doom 6
Reptilian death 6
Dragon 2
Spider 5
Demon 10
Balron 9
Terathan 6
Blood Drinking 6
Elemental Bane 10
Elemental Health 7
Water Dissipation 10
Orphidian 7
Summer Wind 14
Flame Dousing 6
Orc Slaughter 9
Lizardman slaughter 5
Earth Shattering 13
Ogre slaughter 7
Gargoyle Foe 15
Vacuum 5
Scorpion bane 9
Fey Slayer 12
Troll Slaughter 6
Snake bane 4
Total non-exceptional (un-ided ) 66
Total
Exceptional 214
Exceptional % 76.43%
Total Guaranteed income -11000
Possible income (If all the possibles sell) 229000
If you figure i spent around 5k in regs Total guaranteed income is now -16000
If you figure i had 10 super slayers stolen ( most likely not) Total Guaranteed income is: 39000

So a lot of Data to say this I will now be changing my prices.
Following are 8k:
Exorcism
Repond
Silver
Arachnid doom
Reptilian death
Following are 5.5k
Dragon
Spider
Demon
Balron
The following will stay 4k and i will keep a few on my vendor
Blood Drinking
Terathan
Elemental Bane/Health
Water Dissipation
Orphidian
Summer Wind

Okay. feed back! please let me know what i missed!!!

Bapes

Adept
I recently got an Elemental Health drop and I didn't know what that meant exactly(sounds like it heals elementals :p) so I looked it up and it seems that it is a Poison Ele slayer. I guess health is the opposite of poison or something. I noticed you listing Elemental Ban and Health together, but I think Elemental Ban is the super slayer for elements(although I'm not 100% sure), which would make it a hell of a lot better than just a poison slayer. You probably know this already, but I didn't until today which is why it caught my attention. And it's a bit surprising that Elemental Ban is in the group of slayers that don't sell as often, as I would expect an ele super slayer to be in demand.

Great data though. Thanks a lot for posting this. Always interesting to see some numbers.

Stealing off of you I got a Balron killing one, a summer wind, and a vacuum, that's all I stole though. Looks like you need to create a lumber jacker. for profit.

bane

Master
Stealing off of you I got a Balron killing one, a summer wind, and a vacuum, that's all I stole though. Looks like you need to create a lumber jacker. for profit.
If he needs to collect his own resources in order to make a profit he is better off not crafting slayers at all and just selling the raw resources. I don't craft slayer bows but my advise to the OP would be to raise his prices. Currently he is valuing his time at next to 0gp which is slave labor.

Doing this for a small period of time to drive awareness of a shop or if you sell other high margin items and are using this as something to attract traffic is fine but this sounds like it is his main source of income. You will end up burning yourself out or driving yourself into bankruptcy if you get a string of bad luck (bad bows, thieves nab more than usual, ...etc).

Just some Merchant 101 advice.

kurtis

Grandmaster
Thanks a lot but your prices aren't accurate. Repond/Exo/Silver bows sell for 15-25k per.

^ That is more accurate pricing. When you can sell for more you should sell for more. Selling for WAY under competitors is silly, unless it's a loss leader and the only purpose is to drive people to your shop where you make higher profit margin on other goods. Grocery stores do that for milk, for example. Or like someone else mentioned, as a temporary promotion to drive awarness of your shop. But as your data points out, it is not sustainable. The value of a good is what others will pay for it. Each slayer type is unique and can sell for a unique price. The trick is to figuhre out what that price is.

Good feedback all!( with the exception of Saint of Pain)
So a good pricing for them would be something along the lines of:
The Following 10k:
Exorcism
Repond
Silver
Arachnid doom
Reptilian death
The following 8k
Dragon
Spider
Demon
Balron
The following will stay 4k and i will keep a few on my vendor
Blood Drinking
Terathan
Elemental Bane/Health
Water Dissipation
Orphidian
Summer Wind

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
A good pricing would be :

20-25k for repond
15-20k for exorcism/reptilian
10-15k for silver

(considering all exceptionnal)

5-8k for arachnid doom, daemon dismissal and elemental ban

The rest is worth 1-5k.

asics

Grandmaster
15-25k? ROTFL , just scammers sell at that price

bows are ALWAYS going on 5 to who sell cheap to 10 to sell hard, for slayers exc.

i have like 25-30 bows of each kind, and i buy all over the vendors..so dont say bs man ^^

with love.

asics

Grandmaster
you sell at 5k a elemental ban that is fucking money making on shame five and at 25k a repond that without the desert its really a lot less used?:) really good point.. maybe you have some issue with price..but you sell in silly santas wordl..where price are just LOL.

asics

Grandmaster
u make price higher.. for fortune there is still someone that sells at little bit less..like ur old price!