100k Board Slayer bow Experiment- Results

After much thought and consideration i have decided to Meet in the middle. i will now sell them for 8k for suppers and 6k for other good ones, 4k for the others.

Stormy

Expert
Here it is!!

So I bought 100k boards for around 3 GP/E (even with me trying to get a better deal ;) )
So the first number we need is total investment 300,000 Gold! A Lot of gold, but if I make it back then its okay.
Second we need to know what slayers will always sell. My list is:

Exercised
Repond
Silver
Arachnid doom
Reptilian death
Dragon
Spider
Demon
Balron
This list is pritty small, And someone out there is going what about “THIS” slayer, I will buy it!Well simply put, these sell no matter what.
The ones that Sell but not as fast or as often are:
Blood Drinking
Terathan
Elemental Bane/Health
Water Dissipation
Orphidian
Summer Wind
now the ones that I have not been able to sell regularly up to this point are: (if I cant
remember the exact name I put “Slaughter” after it)
Flame Dousing
Orc Slaughter
Lizardman slaughter
Earth Shattering
Ogre slaughter
Gargoyle Foe
Vacuum
Scorpion bane
Fey Slayer
Troll Slaughter
Snake bane
If I missed one please post it here, But after making this many slayers I don’t think I missed one.
Okay, So some base line data for this experiment. I have 100 Fletching, I crafted in the Crafter area, and it took me a few days to make it all.
I sell my Super slayers for 5k With the
exception of Silver. That one is 7k (prices will change) So the list of 5/7k are:
Exercised
Repond
Silver
Arachnid doom
Reptilian death
My 4k ones that sell are:
Dragon
Spider
Demon
Balron
My 4k ones that sometimes sell are:
Blood Drinking
Terathan
Elemental Bane/Health
Water Dissipation
Orphidian
Summer Wind
Total I calculated 2 different incomes, one for
GUARANTEED income, one for POSSIBLE income. The possible income is if EVERYONE of the slayers I list sell for asking price.
So the data! I crafted the following exceptional slayers from that 100k

Exorcism 4
Repond 11
Silver 10
Arachnid doom 6
Reptilian death 6
Dragon 2
Spider 5
Demon 10
Balron 9
Terathan 6
Blood Drinking 6
Elemental Bane 10
Elemental Health 7
Water Dissipation 10
Orphidian 7
Summer Wind 14
Flame Dousing 6
Orc Slaughter 9
Lizardman slaughter 5
Earth Shattering 13
Ogre slaughter 7
Gargoyle Foe 15
Vacuum 5
Scorpion bane 9
Fey Slayer 12
Troll Slaughter 6
Snake bane 4
Total non-exceptional (un-ided ) 66
Total
Exceptional 214
Exceptional % 76.43%
Total Guaranteed income -11000
Possible income (If all the possibles sell) 229000
If you figure i spent around 5k in regs Total guaranteed income is now -16000
If you figure i had 10 super slayers stolen ( most likely not) Total Guaranteed income is: 39000

So a lot of Data to say this I will now be changing my prices.
Following are 8k:
Exorcism
Repond
Silver
Arachnid doom
Reptilian death
Following are 5.5k
Dragon
Spider
Demon
Balron
The following will stay 4k and i will keep a few on my vendor
Blood Drinking
Terathan
Elemental Bane/Health
Water Dissipation
Orphidian
Summer Wind

Okay. feed back! please let me know what i missed!!!
So where is your vendor?

BeerJedi

Grandmaster
Zander has been retired for a while. If you're looking for bows at these rates, i've got 2. One at the Trinsic Moongate just to the left and bottom of it. Wears a blue cape and faces away. Second is at the Yew Moongate. Just to the right. resource changes made minor adjustments for my bows, but my vendor and their offerings are in my signature.

edw3rdwood

Grandmaster
Just curious, what does your "guaranteed" income mean? Also are you talking total income or do you mean profit after your 300k has been recouped?

BeerJedi

Grandmaster
his guaranteed is over the 300k invested. in other words - 311,000 he'll get back of total funds - the 300k invested equals 11,000

Some bows nearly guarantee selling and usually within 24 hours, now that has slowed to about 7 days. basically Dragon, Reptilian, Silver, Repond and Exorcism sell. you make one of those, you will sell around 90% of 'em. everything else may or may not sell. i can attest to that as my warehouse has over 1000 bows.

so we can really only make our profit focussed on selling those 5 type bows and must price accordingly. for me, my prices based on this experiment and one i did myself means i make about 5%-15% profit from selling the 5 core. Especially as board costs went from 3gp to an average of 4.5gp per. If i can sell anything beyond the 5 core - and some do on occasion, others just don't. hence vendors with elemental ban, elemental types, orc, ogre, arachnid sit for multiple weeks at a time. The focus is simple - as we sell the bows, the gp goes right back into collecting more boards for the next crafting cycle.

i wouldn't sell lower than i already am on some of those as then i'll devalue super slayers, saturate the market and make them even harder to sell then now. i invest on average just under 400k per 100k boards (depending on if i'm lucky with vendors). i am now selling maybe 10 bows a week on my vendors. i haven't even had to restock in 10 days on my yew vendor as it is still holding high value items.