Your finest fails

parsnip

Grandmaster
I think we've had a thread like this before but its a fun topic to revisit. It is nice to know as a new player that veterans make mistakes too ;) What are your finest FAIL moments on UOF?

My personal best in recent memory...

@Ariakan99 and I spawned an RDA in the wild. I was on a meta mage and he was on his tamer using a meta spider. It was a long battle against Locke. We were approaching the end of the battle when I got poisoned once again by Locke's irritating backstab attack. Instead of curing myself, I managed to ebolt myself to death. Desperate not to miss the chance of a drop, I went back outside to resurrect. Ariakan came out to help. Little did we know that we were so close to killing Locke that Ariakan's meta spider poison was doing enough damage to finish off the boss... With neither of us in the RDA! It could have been that magical moment when we both got a nice loot drop but we didn't even get a chance to find out :(

r3x0V3h.png

Fellow UOFers, tell me of your fails!

Last edited:

Grish'nak

Master
Basic... Waited for about 3 hours at an idoc. despite of being ress killed I managed to place a plot large enough to block any other placements. Then poof.. No check in bank :(

Haha love that. I've had many an idoc fail. Nothing worse than recording a load of runes. Marking the fall time and realising your translation of time from GMT to EST was wrong. Recall in a minute before drop to see a load or dirt plots and empty chests...

Coorhagen

Grandmaster
I was on foot and recalled to the Moonglow bank and was INSTANTLY pick pocketed by a thief who was mounted. As a reaction, I just attacked him (with my fey slayer bow) but then realized that I didn't want to lose it and so I banked it. He killed me but the story didn't end there.....

I logged onto a dexer who has 100 str, 100 dex, 25 int and 100 tactics, mace, anatomy ect. I ran to Moonglow and found that thief AFK and so I attacked him....

Miss, miss, hit, miss, miss, miss, miss, hit, miss, miss. At which point he then came back and ran away, teleported over the wall and healed himself. I took the opportunity to escape because I didn't think a pure dexer with two trapped pouches could defeat a mage/thief.

I didn't really lose anything but the failure to kill an AFK thief was probably my biggest failure.
Here's a picture of the thief after he had killed me.
Screenshot_8_zpsffcmhcay.png

halygon

Grandmaster
Was guarding CoM base with entire guild. We guarded for 4 hours (all afternoon). Dinner time came around and all except for me and one other (out of 14 players) stayed active -- all others were just afk while eating. TB came in right about that time, ran by the 12 afk players, killed me and my guildie 10v2, took sigs, and then laughed as they killed all the afkers and pets.

Ludwig

Grandmaster
Nothing too tragic but how would I know when it was dying as top score at the literal second a champion boss went down. I think that's happened like twice now...

Oh and how many unidentified slayer katanas have I vendored? Way too many...

Morkidan

Apprentice
Right after they put the harrowers into the arch demon i had just came back to the game ... had a 120 taming pop and i didnt bother to id after i ressed b/c i wanted to loot my body... died to the harrowers and someone else looted my scroll lolol cya later 10m

easy come easy go

wkstrm

Master
I've had many fails in my UO life.
The most recent one(s) was running a stupid training macro at the bank when a lot of people recalled in to bank their champ spawn loot.
Every PS/SS I found and tried to grab would slip out of my reach just because of the macro running ruining my targetting. :(

Early on in uof my guilds semidar spawn was getting raided. I ran up to the boss with recall precast and as it dropped I received a ps, futon rare, and yellow skull. Too bad I clicked a potion sitting on top of my runebook instead of the book lul

lollo

Grandmaster
I got scammed into buying a PW fancy shirt (which was ice white) for a couple millz. Was too lazy to hue id it with steam lol

It was some asshole on the forums, forgot the name, thread is still somewhere here

Oh and maybe an even bigger fail:

I was doing barracoon with some guildies and i was holding my vesper spell book (3 of a kind at that time, before it was put on dono vendor, paid like 4m for it). Some other guild came to raid, we killed them and I dry looted some corpses (before potions stacked) bringing my item count at the max allowed (120?)
Well the boss spawns, i forget to incognito and i get turned into a rat and the spell book falls on the ground (because it usually goes into backpack when u get turned into a rat, but my backpack was full) and @smile it's me picks it up.
I was way more upset about losing the item because it was impossible to get another one (and smile wouldn't sell it back to me) rather than about losing 4m

Last edited:
Was guarding CoM base with entire guild. We guarded for 4 hours (all afternoon). Dinner time came around and all except for me and one other (out of 14 players) stayed active -- all others were just afk while eating. TB came in right about that time, ran by the 12 afk players, killed me and my guildie 10v2, took sigs, and then laughed as they killed all the afkers and pets.
i think i was there for that but i wasnt on your team;)

Nappaca

Grandmaster
Worse when I lost my house few years back forgot to refresh lost 30k of regs and over 20 PS with bunch of random thing also

shirtandpantsman

Grandmaster
managed to pick up a chest full of runic hammers at an idoc, maybe 30 of them, and some dicks demon was attacking me and I was boxed in by everybody standing there so I tried to teleport for like a solid minute while this demon was killing me without realizing I was overweight and you cant teleport while overweight, i thought my keyboard was freaking out or something and died and lost the magical chest

Bromista

Grandmaster
I donated my old school, clean tag, toggleable, layered charcoal bone mask to the battle well. Trying to donate one single piece of shit weapon from my main pack (like an idiot) and my cursor strayed.

I got 100 pts towards the CTF for my 2.5m+ mask.

I didn't even join the CTF that it counted towards.

In the same week I left my steed out too long and lost a bloody talons relic off of it (but recovered the egg) and dropped my only 120 taming. Was pretty much a wash with the prices what they were at the time.

managed to pick up a chest full of runic hammers at an idoc, maybe 30 of them, and some dicks demon was attacking me and I was boxed in by everybody standing there so I tried to teleport for like a solid minute while this demon was killing me without realizing I was overweight and you cant teleport while overweight, i thought my keyboard was freaking out or something and died and lost the magical chest
Lol was this by yew gate? I had a similar event happen but some guy was trapped between 2 houses. I was on one side of him and a demon on the other and he couldn't go through. I looted what he grabbed from the idoc but can't remember what it was...