WTF

wreckognize

Grandmaster
hehe
yeah
i was like, why isn't he chasing after me? you had a 1 in 3 chance of finding me if you came quickly.. ah well
(tame) is a fun thing really. I do this once in a while so it's nice to finally get some recognition. thanks @Hexoplex
tbh if you had been standng at moonglow inn half a second longer I was going to give you another beetle :D
but you mounted and ran off just before i popped out of stealth

CAPTUN AUSTRALIA

Grandmaster
WTF is wrong with some people?! I'm minding my own business mining and some punk ass comes along and demanded I tame them a horse. I told them I cannot tame so they paralyze me and drag me beetle off and kill it. I hadn't had it long enough to complete the bond, 3 days away. FML. I know I should have let it bond, but damn it, its the difference between 130 ore a run and 30.

That is UO son.

Shit, i cop way worse, as i get taken out of the game for 2 days (beyond losing 50k+ in gear) for 1 death, be it to 2 or 10 faggots when i willingly fight them outnumbered as opposed to running/calling in a zerg.

MANKRIK

Grandmaster
Did you know that the dung beetle is the strongest animal in the world? It can pull 1,140+ times its own bodyweight. DYEL brah?

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
hehe
yeah
i was like, why isn't he chasing after me? you had a 1 in 3 chance of finding me if you came quickly.. ah well
(tame) is a fun thing really. I do this once in a while so it's nice to finally get some recognition. thanks @Hexoplex
tbh if you had been standng at moonglow inn half a second longer I was going to give you another beetle :D
but you mounted and ran off just before i popped out of stealth

I tried to come after you, I took the whole paralyze since I have 0 resist, seemed like 20 secs or so, probably 15. Then I ran and ran and had no clue where you went. I had to buy a horse and then I found where the beetle died, you didn't want that ore?

Honestly, I am relieved that it was someone from the forums. You got me good, lesson learned. On the plus side, I got a badass avatar pic out of this.:D

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
If you are on after 8 PM CST this evening, ping me and I will help you get another.
I'd appreciate that.

Think I might take this weekend to break in my second account and make a tamer of some sort. I was going to wait until I owned a house, but that raffle doesn't end until the end of next week. ;)

Deadpool

Grandmaster
My **** is so small. [E cry

il_570xN.341929034.jpg

halygon

Grandmaster
You might also consider having a hotkey for "All Come" as this will override any attack someone performs on your pets and make the pets come back to you.

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
You might also consider having a hotkey for "All Come" as this will override any attack someone performs on your pets and make the pets come back to you.
I had a gut feeling that I should have done this at the start of my night, I was just a little too over eager to start mining and let it slip my mind. I tried to type it out, but he was off screen by then.
I had recently discovered that you can mine anything that looks mine-able, rocks, grey bumps in the land, moongate rocks. My goal that night was to hit 10k iron ingots, I fell terribly short of that and paid for my over eagerness.

halygon

Grandmaster
I had a gut feeling that I should have done this at the start of my night, I was just a little too over eager to start mining and let it slip my mind. I tried to type it out, but he was off screen by then.
I had recently discovered that you can mine anything that looks mine-able, rocks, grey bumps in the land, moongate rocks. My goal that night was to hit 10k iron ingots, I fell terribly short of that and paid for my over eagerness.
Well trust me, we have all been there at one time or another. You are lucky that this was an easily replaceable item and nothing rare - it will be a cheap learning experience for you. I have seen people lose pets worth up to 3+mil because they made a mistake.

In a game as ruthless as UO, these are the types of things you learn and grow from. For example - carry at least one or two pop pouches :)

One thing that I am very happy with is your attitude toward the whole thing. Keep up your spirits and it will pay off in time.

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
For example - carry at least one or two pop pouches
I do need to look into that. While frozen I was trying to remember what I could do to move again and realized I had no way I could damage myself. It that what that exploding pouch sold by the dono vendor is for, says it cannot hold items and I was like "What thief is going to open that?".

halygon

Grandmaster
I do need to look into that. While frozen I was trying to remember what I could do to move again and realized I had no way I could damage myself. It that what that exploding pouch sold by the dono vendor is for, says it cannot hold items and I was like "What thief is going to open that?".
The gold sink vendor does have a blessed version but you can simply go to a provisioner and buy a small pouch for a few gp (like 5gp?) but you have to have a small bit of magery to magic trap them.

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
I didn't read the whole thread but pack horses? Why didn't you use pack horses while beetle bonds?
Because I was a dumbass and leading (a) pack horse(s) around are a PitA. I like the ability to drop 130 ore on a beetle and then ridding them to the forge or bank. It was really all about the greater returns for my time spent smacking rocks. @JackPalance and a tamer from his guild got me set up with a beetle again, and into their guild. I've since fed him and stuck his ass in the stables for the next 7 days. Once bonded I plan on Rocky IV(ing) his ass into a beast so he can help with the snakes I pull up.