Why would a Trammel shard of UOF kill the server???

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Dingaling

Grandmaster
Side note.

Get rid of faction and don't bring in the militia.

Just have Chaos and Order with the old school ability to cast with the shield on :)
ahh..nostalgia. i used to love chaos/order!

but anywho...coming from someone who never pvps, trammel is not the answer to anything on UOF. even if there were a massive player base, opening more land is a far better thing to do then open crap Trammel. whatever the reason OSI died out, Trammel certainly will kill this server. 99 percent of the people who came here was because of strictly Feluccia ruleset and gameplay. not to be rude, but trying a different server may be in your best interest.

Coorhagen

Grandmaster
As someone who played UO back in 98,99 and 2000 on the Catskills and later Great Lakes shard I remember it this way....

There was a massive problem with player killing and griefing but in those days, even committing criminal acts would make you become red. This was also the time when most of the PKs were red "Dread Lords" and the anti pks were blue "Great Lords".
The devs decided to try and fix the problem but their 'fix" only made it worse.

The infamous "noto patch" basically allowed ALL players who pk a certain number of players and still stay blue. This greatly increased the amount of player killing and it also introduced the guild wars. No one cared about Order and Chaos anymore and there really weren't any pure anti pks anymore because all players could pk.

I think seeing how badly their "noto patch" had backfired, the devs later implemented Trammel which maybe made some PvP types quit but i'm not sure.
I do feel like the AoS expansion is what finally killed the game because it changed the play style too much and I remember one of the Shadow Clan Orcs saying that AoS is when they finally gave up on the original shards.

I also feel like a lot of the pvp players here are blatant hypocrites because they are fine having their non pvp zones so that they can watch duels in peace but they attack any pvm type player who wants to have a place to hunt in peace.

girana

Grandmaster
Just give them trammel already. Kind of.

Turn despise into tram rule set but lower the rewards dramatically.
Champ only drops 1 PS. 25% of normal chance at relic. 25% of all loot on mobs: gold, ss, etc.

For those wanting relaxed game play it exists but do not expect to be rewarded for it.

Also skill gain would have to be the same as in a house. No gains for meta pets or talismans.

using any already used dungi would only cause problems if u want this better use one of the other unused dungi like doom or so

Saturn

Grandmaster
I have heard the PKer crowd crying that if a Trammel ( non Pker) shard was created for UOF it would ruin the game.
My question is WHY?
Some players do not want to play PvP. So let them play on the Trammel Server. No one is hurt by this.
UNLESS
Pkers know that unless they have non Pkers to hunt they would quickly be out of business.
After all Pkers tend to be harder to fight than non Pkers.
If all the non Pkers left the shard then the Pkers would have to fight one another which would mean a harder fight.
So I submit that the only Pkers who are against a Trammel shard are cowards who only want easy kills

I dont think you belong here.

Lyxx

Expert
The idea of Trammel on this shard feels like a nightmare. I honestly thought no one would entertain such a thought anymore. Lessons from history, anyone??

Kael

Master
People play here because they love the era and play style. If they wanted trammel they would be playing elsewhere already.;

Cheapsuit

Master
@gadric ... I understand your point although I am not in favor of it, but if the staff was to empathize your cry/point, it would probably be a better option to implement some sort of way to toggle pvp on and off or to just create a few dungeons where one could not attack other players, making it a trammel dungeon. Creating an entire trammel facet would in fact hurt the server overall imo. I think you should just use your Nuke em tools and kick their asses so that they know not to mess with you again. There's also an escape script in the script forum that allows you to escape the pkers and it works about 80% of the time but a few of them are good at what they do and there is just no escape if you run into those particular pk's.

Either way I wish you good luck and hope you burn their asses. :)

Faytality

Staff member
The one below shame? As far as I know there is no such trammel dungeon. I myself has killed a person or two in that cave.

crome

Grandmaster
Splitting a playerbase is never a good idea however punishing PKs properly for their crimes is great.

I do have to be honest in one thing there is many many games that do crafting and pvm better than UO so if the only reason you play UO is for either of these things i suggest you try new games.

Monsters cause little threat in this game they are easy to escape and dont take alot of strategy to beat part of the charm that uo has always had for me is a full sandbox world driven by community and player interaction where criminals are punished and good players are rewarded for hunting down criminals. I think this server misses that point massively and gives murderers a free ride thus why everyone has a PK and people are so harassed who dont wish to pvp IF ANYTHING the reason trammel HAD TO BE CREATED ON OSI was the punishments on murderers were not harsh enough.

crome

Grandmaster
As someone who played UO back in 98,99 and 2000 on the Catskills and later Great Lakes shard I remember it this way....

There was a massive problem with player killing and griefing but in those days, even committing criminal acts would make you become red. This was also the time when most of the PKs were red "Dread Lords" and the anti pks were blue "Great Lords".
The devs decided to try and fix the problem but their 'fix" only made it worse.

The infamous "noto patch" basically allowed ALL players who pk a certain number of players and still stay blue. This greatly increased the amount of player killing and it also introduced the guild wars. No one cared about Order and Chaos anymore and there really weren't any pure anti pks anymore because all players could pk.

I think seeing how badly their "noto patch" had backfired, the devs later implemented Trammel which maybe made some PvP types quit but i'm not sure.
I do feel like the AoS expansion is what finally killed the game because it changed the play style too much and I remember one of the Shadow Clan Orcs saying that AoS is when they finally gave up on the original shards.

I also feel like a lot of the pvp players here are blatant hypocrites because they are fine having their non pvp zones so that they can watch duels in peace but they attack any pvm type player who wants to have a place to hunt in peace.

kinda correct.

I think the noto patch was a great idea as it corrected a huge problem for negative karma players [although it took away from the concept of the virtues from the game] and im sure most people who played during the period including PKs loved the improved system. And to be honest anti pks murdered blues b4 that anyway.

UOR release actually increased the number of players massively yes people did quit. I personally think the pking penalty should have just been increased but it was kind of the everquest model that they lost players to that caused UOR.
AOS again increased the numbers as it was a huge patch completely transforming the game into something hardly recognizable and making the game alot more item based [ruining the foundations of the game]

but let me ask you this would you still play classic UOR or T2A if they had not have changed it personally i think the game would be completely dead.

Lyxx

Expert
but let me ask you this would you still play classic UOR or T2A if they had not have changed it personally i think the game would be completely dead.

Impossible to know for sure, but I think I would. I hated quitting, but I hated even more what they had done with the game; completely nerfed stealing with all the item bless deeds, bucs den had no activity anymore (my favourite place), my friends quit playing and there was no fun left for me. Trammel cast its suffocating carebear shadow over everything and I left too with much regret. Obviously I missed the original game for years, or I would not have returned to a shard like this.

Coorhagen

Grandmaster

If it had stayed exactly the same then it would have turned into something like Diablo 2...basically the same game but not a lot of people still playing it.
I do think though that they would have done a lot better (the devs) if they had created pure trammel servers and pure feluca servers instead of trying to have both trammel and felluca on the same shard.

I really think they made mistakes by angering the PvM types by massively increasing the number of player killers (noto patch) and then they angered the PvP/PK types with the introduction of Trammel.

crome

Grandmaster
If it had stayed exactly the same then it would have turned into something like Diablo 2...basically the same game but not a lot of people still playing it.
I do think though that they would have done a lot better (the devs) if they had created pure trammel servers and pure feluca servers instead of trying to have both trammel and felluca on the same shard.

I really think they made mistakes by angering the PvM types by massively increasing the number of player killers (noto patch) and then they angered the PvP/PK types with the introduction of Trammel.

I think they would have just done well to leave 1 server at T2A and not develop it any further and do the same with UOR 10000 people cried out for it at the time and got ignored = losing loyal subscribers.

crome

Grandmaster
If there are UOF Trammel Servers could you give me the names of some of them or how to play on them?
Thank you

none hosted by UOF but there are UOR style pvm servers out there search top UO shards on google.
Although if u played purely for pvm i cant understand you wanting to play in UOR era as PVM and crafting both got more complex in AOS

Trojandrew

Grandmaster
The infamous "noto patch" basically allowed ALL players who pk a certain number of players and still stay blue. This greatly increased the amount of player killing and it also introduced the guild wars.
I remember this in catskills, so many orange in the swamps ><

to OP the best thing is just to learn to protect yourselves vs these pks. its gotten a lot better and less greifing recently as they're busy fighting each other rather than blues.

its only the ones that blue scout a dungeon and recall in instead of running through on a red because they can't get a kill otherwise. but even then (as a PvMer myself) its fun to see them try and fail. It does add a rush where you can't just be complacently killing, you have to pay attention. and a recall macro will eliminiate 99% of the danger, as you can recall faster than they can cast or throw a potion. just gotta protect yourself, it gets easier with practice.

as far as thieves, they suck no way around that unless you detect hidden/reveal when your crafting or at the bank. some do things to mess with you like take away your bandages or something, make a joke and trade it back to you, some you just gotta punch in the face... with a sword.

trust everyone when they say tram doesn't belong here. most of us have played during both pre- and post- tram, other than some tweaks they can ( and probably are already working on ) to griefing blues, we're better staying pure fel

Status
Not open for further replies.