Why no provo on dexer/mage talisman?

Belge

Grandmaster
Why no provo on dexer/mage talisman? I mean, meta tamers have that and its essential for most meta tamers. I dont see why for tamers, its ok, but dexers and mages, your screwed... tamers need provo the least outta every class, they got dragons lol

Belge

Grandmaster
Because dexxers already gain more points in champs/rdas probably (200%?)
Thats not even true.. tamers own most shit, theres not very many bosses or places a tamer can't go. Limiting a whole class because one small aspect of pvm (champs/rdas), is stupid. Theres a lot more pvmers out killing shit, exploring, than there is doing champs etc.

kanzo

Journeyman
A reason could be that 99% of PvM char that you can meet on this lands is a Provo. Introduce talisman for Mage and Dex it's a way to increments a different kind of PvM's templates and meet some new faces around Sosaria

Belge

Grandmaster
Well having a provo meta tamer and both dexer/mage talismans... Why use these chars new mage/dexer at all around Sosaria, when you make 1/6th of the loot of a tamer, with 6x the effort.. I haven't even bothered calculating how much I've lost playing these new styles, and not playing my tamer.. but its millions.

smile it's me

Grandmaster
As eppy said meta talismans aren't meant to be a gold making machine, they are here just to have fun.. And why a mage or dexxer should be powerful in PVM same as a tamer? that makes no sense

As eppy said meta talismans aren't meant to be a gold making machine, they are here just to have fun.. And why a mage or dexxer should be powerful in PVM same as a tamer? that makes no sense
Why doesn't it make sense? Not everyone wants to play a tamer. Why shouldn't they be just as balanced with the style they want to play, rather than being forced into playing a style they do not wish to play. I personally like being up in a monster's face with shield and sword in hand with my band aids and pots ready =)

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
Why doesn't it make sense? Not everyone wants to play a tamer. Why shouldn't they be just as balanced with the style they want to play, rather than being forced into playing a style they do not wish to play. I personally like being up in a monster's face with shield and sword in hand with my band aids and pots ready =)

Here's some UOF history for you. This may clue you in on the current state of affairs.

UOF introduced meta pets with the relics. UOF had a ton of tamers before this but after meta pets nearly everyone made a tamer for PVM. Who can blame them? Meta pets rake in the gold. Players that don't like playing a tamer on UOF are out of luck. Tamers have the advantage in RDA's, champs, and PvP. Due to the number of players that play tamers, staff has continued to create new content for tamers while other play styles are effectively ignored. Take for example, pet speed, overpowered metas, barding ability, etc. If you do not play a tamer then there is a high chance that you will grow bored. Dexer relics/mage relics were a step in the right direction but a drop in the bucket in terms of balancing play styles.

This post will be immediately followed by the typical replies. "I paid 12 mil for a quick silver therefore I am entitled to the best pvp/pvm ability in game." Or, "tamers have always been the best at PvM therefore imbalanced play styles are part of UO."

For better of for worse, this is the "tamer shard".

Winstonian

Grandmaster
A reason could be that 99% of PvM char that you can meet on this lands is a Provo. Introduce talisman for Mage and Dex it's a way to increments a different kind of PvM's templates and meet some new faces around Sosaria
This.