Why is pet skill loss ignored?

steve-o

Grandmaster
Remove pet skill loss... or make it .1 but further tone down the ability for pets to rape in PVP.

If pets arent OP in PVP -- who cares what their stats/skills are if theyre used for killing mobs.
lawl always crying about this, it's more then 2 years now... lawl

this is not about pvp/pvm or anything purple related please get the fuck out of here u don't know anything cause u don't even have a tamer.

this is about pet skills that can't be gained and impossible to raise, pet skill loss is not the problem unless u compare it to the easy mode factioners have... (faction IS pvp oriented LAWL)

Silly Santa

Grandmaster
@Shane

Currently every time a pet dies - it loses 1% of it's skills right? So, if a pet dies for example 5x in 30 minutes... it loses a total of 5% for every skill?

What if a "cool down" timer was added for this ramification of pets dying? For example.. regardless of how many times the pet dies in say 60 minutes - it can only lose 1%? Than once the cool down timer wears off... if the pet dies again.. it will be eligible to losing another 1% again.

Or - as another person mentioned... why not let non-factioners rez pets for 5k? Why do only factioneers have this 5k pet rez perk with no skill loss?

Last edited by a moderator:

Bromista

Grandmaster
If you make pets immune to stat loss people will do what they did before the change, actually the reason for the change: they would just toss their pets in and afk at champs. They would be doing it again after pets take their first death and are immune to the stat loss so IMO you can't really do that unless you reduce the effectiveness of the pets while they are immune.

I mean essentially the pets effectiveness will be reduced every time they die because they will have no mana and need to be healed...but that doesn't make up for that freedom to go on suicide run after suicide run with your pets for an entire hour.

lollo

Grandmaster
I strongly disagree with this unless you do what Bromista suggested and let non faction chars res for 5k!!! 5k is about right for a pet res! I know it seems very little at first but you got to realize that your pets die a lot in PVM situations, and you usually have two pets with you. That's 10k for their res when they die, then multiply that by a few times it happens a day and you can easily end up spending more on pet res than what you make on farming even with the 5k res cost. I have had many days when my pets died 10 times and I spent 100k for ressing them, this would be impossible again if a single pet would cost 50k! Pets also die a lot when doing champs, RDAs etc. making a res cost so much would almost be as punishing as the skill loss is now. I imagine pets die a lot less if all you do with then is actually PVP so maybe the 50k for faction chars IF non faction chars still get the 5k could be fine.

I think what @Bromista said in his first post here would be the perfect change, if anything I'm surprised this isn't how it was done the first time, the system right now seems backwards.

God damn you suck son, how do your pets die 10x a day lol

I do champs, rdas, farm in the most dangerous places yet my meta dragon and steed die maybe 1-2 times a week.
For the dragon i give 0 fucks since by the time i reach 2m exp for a re roll i still have 125-130 magery, i admit i have to use skill scrolls on my steed once in a while because 2m re rolls on the meta steed are fucking crazy

I can roll over my dragon 3x in the time my steed rolls over once

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

Ariakan99

Grandmaster
Eppy confirmed it in the system testing channel on discord. After reboot I logged in and my steed with 1.3m xp was refreshed for skills on next kill.

Also included are stat re rolls for all meta pets. When they 'level' up, you will see the possible new stats in the bottom left of your meta stone - I think the order is as follows hp/str/dex/int. If you want to keep these new stats - click apply, if not, ignore till next re roll.

What the re roll should look like:

http://imgur.com/a/2OXwF

@Shane

Currently every time a pet dies - it loses 1% of it's skills right? So, if a pet dies for example 5x in 30 minutes... it loses a total of 5% for every skill?

What if a "cool down" timer was added for this ramification of pets dying? For example.. regardless of how many times the pet dies in say 60 minutes - it can only lose 1%? Than once the cool down timer wears off... if the pet dies again.. it will be eligible to losing another 1% again.

Or - as another person mentioned... why not let non-factioners rez pets for 5k? Why do only factioneers have this 5k pet rez perk with no skill loss?
See guys this is how you troll. It seems all serious but you know based on the proposal that its so ludicrous it must be a troll.

God damn you suck son, how do your pets die 10x a day lol

I do champs, rdas, farm in the most dangerous places yet my meta dragon and steed die maybe 1-2 times a week.
For the dragon i give 0 fucks since by the time i reach 2m exp for a re roll i still have 125-130 magery, i admit i have to use skill scrolls on my steed once in a while because 2m re rolls on the meta steed are fucking crazy

I can roll over my dragon 3x in the time my steed rolls over once

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

Maybe that's because you are in EQMS idiot?

Anyways, lollo is here, nothing intelligent can come from this threat anymore, might as well lock it.

See guys this is how you troll. It seems all serious but you know based on the proposal that its so ludicrous it must be a troll.

What's so ludicrous about his proposal? Is it that he actually put in some thought and proposed an idea nobody else had instead of just spamming this threat like you did?

What's so ludicrous about his proposal? Is it that he actually put in some thought and proposed an idea nobody else had instead of just spamming this threat like you did?
@Bromista already answered why and I gave no threat. Really though, its not a viable solution and neither is giving non-factioners a 5k rez option.

Also, why do you have to take the fun out of every comment - you depress me.

lollo

Grandmaster
Maybe that's because you are in EQMS idiot?

Anyways, lollo is here, nothing intelligent can come from this threat anymore, might as well lock it.

What does this even have to do with my pets not dying? I was NOT in eqms for a good 80% of the time i played here and my pets still didn't die more than a couple times a week.

I'm sorry i'm the better player with the better template and you're a shitty defenseless provo tamer.

Pet skill loss is fine as it is now, don't care about the faction rez, keep it or remove it, idgaf

Stay bad.

neither is giving non-factioners a 5k rez option.

Why not? Talisman warriors who arent in factions can pay for getting rid of the cooldown after death, seems like non faction tamers are the only ones doomed to spend hours grinding skills back up that are partially not even possible to level above certain levels. I still don't understand why they need this kind of punishment?

I'm sorry i'm the better player with the better template and you're a shitty defenseless provo tamer.

I don't even have provo... One example was when the server lagged in the past weeks, I had days where I died so much to DC and my pets as well that I probably would have rage quitted the shard if my pet skills would have dropped to 50...

Why not? Talisman warriors who arent in factions can pay for getting rid of the cooldown after death, seems like non faction tamers are the only ones doomed to spend hours grinding skills back up that are partially not even possible to level above certain levels. I still don't understand why they need this kind of punishment?
My stance is that no one should get the ability to buy their pets out of skill loss - its the punishment for having your pet die and keeps shit going like economy and balance and all that other stuff. Factioners only have it cause Shane and crew were trying to incentivise factions, but it didn't work - which is a great reason to just remove that shit.

Tamer's always complain about everything.. always have.. always will. I guess life is too hard on the most powerful template in the game.

lollo

Grandmaster
I don't even have provo... One example was when the server lagged in the past weeks, I had days where I died so much to DC and my pets as well that I probably would have rage quitted the shard if my pet skills would have dropped to 50...

During those days i logged in, noticed server was unplayable, and found something else to do.

I mean shit you see the game has 5 second lag spikes and disconnects, why would you keep playing?? My steed and dragon died to an ancient wyrm paragon on the first day, that's when i decided i'd do something else until it was fixed.

Save for these exceptional situations it is EXTREMELY unlikely for your pets do die more than a couple times a week if you're a decent player.
Come on it's 1% loss damn it, game is already super easy mode with 20 yo AI, knowing that if your pets die they will have skill loss is one of the few things that won't make me fall asleep during champ spawns

Tamer's always complain about everything.. always have.. always will. I guess life is too hard on the most powerful template in the game.

Do you even have a tamer? This is the only thing I've heard tamers complain about in a long time. Also if you spend months on building a char you kinda expect it to not be so punishing to play for no reason? If pet res would cost 5k it would still "keep the economy going".