Why are butlers so expensive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chad

Master
You could feel free to play another server where you don't even get the option for something cool like this because it doesn't exist.

Generally, there is no need for an item like this because other servers allow stackable potions. Clearly UOF is a good server, but it can always be improved upon, which is why threads like these are made. Don't be such a condescending nerd.

eppy

Grandmaster
I don't see how a butler helps in pvp. It is a purely convenience item that can be replaced with a free uosteam macro. You don't have to spend anything to get the one button restock.

chad

Master
I don't see how a butler helps in pvp. It is a purely convenience item that can be replaced with a free uosteam macro. You don't have to spend anything to get the one button restock.

Die -> res -> instant restock
vs
Die -> res -> drain kegs for 3-4 minutes

Who gets back to help their team first? Most PvPers don't use Steam either, they use Sallos.

I think you would be hard pressed to find an avid PvPer who doesn't want stackable potions. It may not seem like much, but it's really obnoxious. >.<

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
If that is your reasoning for creating item-based pvp, you might want to rethink it. Pretty sure that will make people who primarily pvp stop logging in long before "running out of goals"

One of the largest reasons for logging off as a pvper is dying due to the crappy part of restocking. What this does is make it so pvpers don't feel the need to click that X as quick because they know they can get back into the game fast with no bullshit.

That is why this item is so great..
So not only is this not ITEM based pvp, but it also is a goal to hit for pvpers. It's a pretty good balance.
If you don't like it or the price, don't get it, a few macros can do the same thing as the butler in reality.

If you can't afford the donation coins, i can assume you have the time to play enough to grind up the gold.
If you can't donate, and can't play a lot, it is weird to bring up such issues based on where you're standing. Because those who do play often have no issue with this, and those who don't play but work a lot, so donate, also does not seem to have an issue with them. Keeping in mind those who play a lot and don't donate, and those who can't play a lot but donate , equally keep this world turning for those who can't do either... I'm not sure where you stand honestly, but we've had no complaints about the butler.

That is probably the best i can explain it for you, hope it is insightful.

Status
Not open for further replies.