Why are butlers so expensive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DalMichaelLas

Grandmaster
I just bought one and was wondering why they are so expensive. Given the help this item is during pvp, shouldn't it be more accessible? I'm all for gold sinks if that is what this is. Was just curious in the thought process of setting a price on a pvp item. Thanks!

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
It's seen as something to work towards as a pvper.
Need goals! If everything was cheap and easily obtained everyone would of left long ago.

thestand

Grandmaster
Need goals! If everything was cheap and easily obtained everyone would of left long ago.
I don't think cheaper butlers would cause many people to lose interest in this game. How do you work towards it as a pvper? You would need to be a pvmer or idocer.
Edit - or donor :/ how much $ is a butler?

Sandman

Grandmaster
It's a donation thing.. It's probably the single best item of "convenience" for PVP. People will pay for it. It's all about the Benjamins baby...

The Gandin

Grandmaster
It's your Mr. Belvedere for you spoiled Wesley T. Owens kids... Bob Uecker refused to put the smack down on you.

200_s.gif

DalMichaelLas

Grandmaster
If that is your reasoning for creating item-based pvp, you might want to rethink it. Pretty sure that will make people who primarily pvp stop logging in long before "running out of goals"

DalMichaelLas

Grandmaster
I don't think cheaper butlers would cause many people to lose interest in this game. How do you work towards it as a pvper? You would need to be a pvmer or idocer.
Edit - or donor :/ how much $ is a butler?
That's what im saying. If the reason is really "so you have goals" then that that is just skewed logic and this should be rethought.

DalMichaelLas

Grandmaster
How do you figure, sports fan?
Because pvp goals are way different than that of pvm goals. This would be considered a pvm goal would it not? Forcing pvm goals on pvpers is not good or fun for the pvper.

EDIT: by forcing, I mean almost required to remain competitive.

The Gandin

Grandmaster
Because pvp goals are way different than that of pvm goals. This would be considered a pvm goal would it not? Forcing pvm goals on pvpers is not good or fun for the pvper.

Yeah, that's a good point. Most pvpers don't want to sit there farming mobs. The goal is to fight other players. I'm on board now, I get what you mean.

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
Goals
Pvp
Pvm
PvmPmPmPmvPvPvp
PvpMpMpMpvPmPvM
I like camping
I like taming
I like to fight at a 45 degree angle
I like to collect "rares"
I like to collect statues
I like to log in and be afk all day in one spot mayby possibly put a recall somewhere in there.

Garet Jax

Grandmaster
It's a donation thing.. It's probably the single best item of "convenience" for PVP. People will pay for it. It's all about the Benjamins baby...
Pretty much this, exactly what I was gonna post. It is simply about the money, and nothing else.

chad

Master
My only goal on this server is to have good fights. The problem is, I'm held up by the unfortunate mechanic of unstacked pots and a $250 donation item. You know, I'm willing to throw a few bucks in here and there, but to expect someone to drop $250 is pretty absurd.

K A Z

Grandmaster
well I mean you could also always just farm for the coins...

but yea, I guess they're so expensive so that PVPers invest in the shard too. The more someone invests into a Shard the less likely he is to quit / change servers.

Mercedies

Grandmaster
I just bought one and was wondering why they are so expensive. Given the help this item is during pvp, shouldn't it be more accessible? I'm all for gold sinks if that is what this is. Was just curious in the thought process of setting a price on a pvp item. Thanks!
Because elitists pay for convenience...in rl and on UOF lol

TheFallen

Grandmaster
You could feel free to play another server where you don't even get the option for something cool like this because it doesn't exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.