What's the Point?

wil3ur

Grandmaster
Keep in mind too that one of the best insurance policies is insta-hiding. I know there are folks out there that think this is deplorable and broken. In reality most thieves are squishy beyond belief and can be brought down easily. Especially running the standard no armor and if your template has no res spells it's nighty night fast. Fire up steal. Wait until skill timer resets. Steal then immediately hide. Walk away. Get on your ethy. Bolt. Good times.

Sent from my Huawei Y301A1 using Tapatalk

This doesn't seem to work for me. Firing up the steal skill is fine, but it seems like the counter is reset the second I attempt the steal and I still need to wait for another 8 seconds for an action. Though I'm usually hidden already when I do this... do you have to be visible for the insta-hide to work?

FingersFinn

Grandmaster
You aren't letting it reset then. You should be able to be in hiding, fire up steal, wait 10 seconds, steal and then hit hide after the steal. Works for me. Your timing sounds off.

wil3ur

Grandmaster
I'll give that a shot. I've been using an 8 second timer for the skill which seems to work for allowing you to queue up a new skill, but may be too slow for the reset.

I have had some initial success though, I've lifted a small boat, a glowing rune, a couple slayers (balron & ice ele), an anat skill scroll and a exceedingly accurate/vanquishing weapon. Now to get them to my vendor.

It seems difficult though as I believe there are guys who keep hidden characters running reveal scripts around BB. I can't get within 10 paces of the bank without being revealed. As I'll walk in from 2 screens away, I can't believe they're already tracking me specifically.

parsnip

Grandmaster
It seems difficult though as I believe there are guys who keep hidden characters running reveal scripts around BB. I can't get within 10 paces of the bank without being revealed. As I'll walk in from 2 screens away, I can't believe they're already tracking me specifically.
Don't think that's players running reveal scripts. Was under the impression that it was something the devs added to stop excessive shenanigans around BB. May be mistaken though!

FingersFinn

Grandmaster
I believe it's players that hang around the bank spamming gates and announcing vendor stuff. Somewhere in the looping macro I'm certain reveal is added.

SidX

Grandmaster
Don't think that's players running reveal scripts. Was under the impression that it was something the devs added to stop excessive shenanigans around BB. May be mistaken though!
Pretty sure the devs added this.. When the shard reboots and comes back up, nobody is at WBB but immediately I am getting revealed. There could be a hidden reveal device somewhere?

This doesn't seem to work for me. Firing up the steal skill is fine, but it seems like the counter is reset the second I attempt the steal and I still need to wait for another 8 seconds for an action. Though I'm usually hidden already when I do this... do you have to be visible for the insta-hide to work?
If you use the Stealing skill, once the target comes up to choose what you want to steal just leave the target open for 10 seconds without clicking anything. Once this 10 seconds is up, you can: (a) target an item to steal and then immediately use the Stealing skill again to perform a double steal, or (b) target an item to steal and then hide since the "time to use another skill" has passed while you left the target open for 10 seconds.

Is that what you're trying?

wil3ur

Grandmaster
^this.

If you are only waiting 8 seconds you aren't waiting long enough. Wait 10 seconds.

I think this is most probable... but they may have something running to make people feel safe too. I did get a sweet pair of fuckme boots today though even though 12 hours of macro didn't GM reveal or tracking with less than 10% on either. :(

FingersFinn

Grandmaster
I think this is most probable... but they may have something running to make people feel safe too. I did get a sweet pair of fuckme boots today though even though 12 hours of macro didn't GM reveal or tracking with less than 10% on either. :(

What?

Are you eating and drinking for increased skill gains? Make sure you drink from the Britain well just east of the west bank every 15 minutes or so. Also drink milk until full and eat food until stuffed. Doing this will assist with any skill gains and is great for training. After deciding on tweaking my template I was able to go from 0-80 detect hidden in maybe an hour; perhaps a bit longer (but not much). Of course I did buy the skill to 45% so..

wil3ur

Grandmaster
Well, based on feedback, I think I'm just going to drop detect down to about 90%, drop tracking all together as it sounds basically worthless if 0% still has a decent chance to succeed, Drop begging all together... then GM Wrestling and bring lore to 80 for the disarm, then probably do a 60% or so magic so I can recall about and finish off with meditation.

FingersFinn

Grandmaster
If you are only using magery for recall, don't bother. Get runebooks and keep them charged. No magery needed. If you want other utility then go ahead and train it. Drop begging for sure. Depending on what you want to do there are different ways to build your preferred skill set. With tracking 0.0 it will allow you to track on-screen sometimes (you will have to try a few times for it to work). If you want to really be able to stalk/track others off-screen (likely since most folks are mounted) it is necessary.

My old template was GM stealing/snooping/hiding/wrestling/80 stealth/magery/arms/60 med.
After I tweaked it I settled on GM stealing/snooping/hiding/wrestling/80 stealth/anatomy/detect hidden/60 tracking.

I dropped magery because I used it really only for recall.